PDA

View Full Version : Changing Mobile Provider; Keeping Number; Huge Mole

AlexOC
25-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Huge Mole?, Is a big part of my question, read on for more information.

Anywhoo so im on T-Mobile and on the 1st April my contract runs out, And i want to move to o2, so on 1st april when im ready for an upgrade im going to terminate my contract, and move to o2, but i want to keep the same number. Now i went into o2 to ask about switching contracts and this guy told me all about it and a Code i needed from T-Mobile, to give to o2 so i can keep my number, but as he was explaining i slowly but surely pointed all my attention to this big mole sitting at the side of his lip, and absorbed no information from him atall.

So my question is, what information do i need from t-mobile, and how do i keep my original number when moving to o2

clarissa !!
25-03-2009, 07:14 PM
go back and ask again, hope you get a different person.

Recursion
25-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Ring up and tell them you want the PAC code for your number so that when you move to O2 you can keep the number, I think they are legally obliged to give you it, im not too sure.

You then just give it to O2 when you setup the contract again.

AlexOC
25-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Ring up and tell them you want the PAC code for your number so that when you move to O2 you can keep the number, I think they are legally obliged to give you it, im not too sure.

You then just give it to O2 when you setup the contract again.

PAC Code thats it!

LOL, thanks .

Sunny.
25-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Ring t-mobile and ask for a PAC code, this is valid for 28 days from when they gave it to you. They legally must give you this code. To speed things up id ring them 2-3 days before your contract expires.

Once you have your new contract sim, ring o2 and give them your PAC code. It will take 2-3 working days and your phone may/may not go down, however once thats done, you will recieve a text [o2] confirming the number has been switched

Recursion
25-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Your phone will almost certainly not be usable for a few days, so texts may never get received etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!