PDA

View Full Version : The Wii is now the best selling console... EVARRRR

Recursion
25-03-2009, 09:49 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7964459.stm

It's official.

Nemo
25-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Most buy em then sell em, aka me. Since they realise theres hardly any amazing games that dont lose their fun after a day.(imo)

Wootzeh
25-03-2009, 09:53 PM
mine hasnt been used in months =/

kk.
25-03-2009, 10:12 PM
i played on mario kart wii for ageessss!! congrats to nintendo.

it hasnt been used for ages until my mum bought the wii fit... she still hasnt used it lolol

Kardan
25-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Mine has a nice thick layer of dust on it... sitting quietly under my PS3 and 360.

Loser
25-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Wii's are poor.

Neil
25-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Yea, I was always open minded about the Wii but I never play mine now, it just sits in the bag and never gets used, no decent games for it.

RareFish
25-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Just a recyled piece of trash that loses its sentimentality after about five minutes.

Recursion
26-03-2009, 07:53 AM
There are better games than Wii Sports you know! LOL

ElliottThompson
26-03-2009, 09:58 AM
What game helped the most to making it the highest sellinf console ever?
Waggle the stick untill your arms fall off...
or
Stamp on a set of bathroom scales till you get tired?

Southe,
26-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Dont use it since all the game are really crap now. Nintendo Havent brought out an awesome game since Mario Kart.. I had one game that i got from US and loved.. and then nintendo block freeloaders -.- should be releasing the newer games for it in june. then i'll wipe the dust off it. until then ill stick to my ps3.

Mr-Trainor
26-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm not surprised it's the best selling console, I think it's great :P

ElliottThompson
26-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Dont use it since all the game are really crap now. Nintendo Havent brought out an awesome game since Mario Kart.. I had one game that i got from US and loved.. and then nintendo block freeloaders -.- should be releasing the newer games for it in june. then i'll wipe the dust off it. until then ill stick to my ps3.
last wii game I played was super smash bros brawl which was really good up untill i put it online and found out how much of a laggy peice of **** it is >:[
srsly tho nintendo's online serive is epic fail because of their crap servers that cant even handle a simple 4 player battle game and the fact that you have to use friend codes to add people, it just proves how much of a childs console it is now

Twist
26-03-2009, 05:15 PM
i played on mario kart wii for ageessss!! congrats to nintendo.

it hasnt been used for ages and my mum bought the wii fit aswell... she still hasnt used it lolol
Fixed it ;).
But yeah well done to Nintendo.

GommeInc
26-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I like the old retro games you can download from the Shopping Channel :P The Wii game I play alot lately is Animal Crossing, which keeps me entertained :P

Oh yeah, you can now put channels and virtual console games on your SD cards now :) Not sure about saved games though, my attention span died at that point :P

brandon
26-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Hardly surprising when a lot of people bought it only for the novelty to wear off and then sell it on eBay. Plus they have the adult market who wouldn't usually play video games but like Wii Fit etc, congratulations.

Minstrels
26-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Got it in the summer... only really comes out when BBQ's and parties are being held.

ElliottThompson
29-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I like the old retro games you can download from the Shopping Channel :P The Wii game I play alot lately is Animal Crossing, which keeps me entertained :P

Oh yeah, you can now put channels and virtual console games on your SD cards now :) Not sure about saved games though, my attention span died at that point :P
Umm I would strongly advise you to look up something called MAME + other emulators, it will save you alot of money on retro titles. Its a godsend to retro gamers, especially those who love arcade games / nes :D

Four
29-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Fixed it ;).
But yeah well done to Nintendo.

as well, not aswell

Fez
29-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Sales can't justify whether a console is the best.

Myth
29-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Wii's suck I dont like them at all.

Zak
30-03-2009, 12:17 AM
The wii is very good but lacks the games that xbox and playstation have

also I would think with games like gta it would be impossible to control, it is limited to simple games me thinks :(

Nintendo are amazing though, N64 :)

GommeInc
30-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Umm I would strongly advise you to look up something called MAME + other emulators, it will save you alot of money on retro titles. Its a godsend to retro gamers, especially those who love arcade games / nes :D
I tend to just poke my friend and play on his Mega Drive with his old SEGA games. My brother uses emulators and they seem to be very unsteady...

Simmzay
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I used to defend the Wii but its lack of games is inexcusable now. I can't remember the last time they released a game I was interested in. I'll go back to it for the next Zelda though.

MrPinkPanther
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Why everyones 'bashing' the wii all of a sudden is because of the lack of games in the second half of 2008 which I agree with, there were no decent ones bar animal crossing. BUT Nintendo did that delibratly, the wii would sell well that christmas even if it didnt have and good new games which is why lots of titles were put back until 2009. Nintendo announced a new Super Mario and Legend of Zelda at E3 last year, I'm thinking at this years E3 we will see them in action and atleast one of them should be out before the end of the year. Dont loose hope, Nintendo said they have some 'bigguns' for the second half of 2009.

Simmzay
06-04-2009, 02:08 PM
A new super mario? This is new to me.

Jam
07-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I guess I should have given it more of a chance. I played Galaxy ONCE. I feel ashamed. There was nothing wrong with it.

I'd play it more (well I've sold all the games now...) along with the PS3 but no-one else does. Once you've experienced Xbox Live, there's nothing the same. You can just talk while doing whatever, or talk while shooting americans in the head on Halo (not CoD) its just perfect, well as near as your going to get to it.

Its always going to be Xbox for people who like gaming, PS3 for people who had the PS2 and know no other and the Wii for familys and people with money to waste.

Well my 'opinionz anywayz'.

But on topic: Wonder if that includes Pre-Owned sales? Most likely not, but if it did.

I'd prefer to see the trade in figures of these things.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!