PDA

View Full Version : What does an iPhone have that an iPod Touch doesn't?

e5
25-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry for another thread, but I need to persuade my mum to let me get an iPhone. She keeps saying "Get an iPod touch" and i'm like noo I want a iPhone, they're well better...
but I've got nothing to back up why they are better.

Apart from the obvious, what does the iPhone have that the iPod Touch doesn't?

Thanksss :)

dirrty
25-03-2009, 11:21 PM
aww i so wanna state the obvious. well besides that, it has a camera?
lol, can't really think of anything else besides mobile capabilities and the camera...

Alkaz
25-03-2009, 11:25 PM
tis a phone and as a camera and you can subscribe to the net with it so u can use the net on the mvoe

blanky12!
25-03-2009, 11:30 PM
you have cellular data from the sim card for free Internet.

now you can tether your iphone to your computer so you can use the celluler data as internet on your pc via bluetooth of USB.

Recursion
26-03-2009, 07:51 AM
It's a phone. That sums up calls, data, camera, email and all of that jazz in three words.

blanky12!
26-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Phone, Internet, iPod.

Firehorse
26-03-2009, 12:45 PM
ipod touch doesn't have gps, iphone does.

e5
26-03-2009, 12:54 PM
It's a phone. That sums up calls, data, camera, email and all of that jazz in three words.
ipod touch has email aswell.

edgates
26-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Basically, it does everything the iPod touch does, apart from it's a phone. Calls, SMS, Camera, Internet/Email etc. on the go.

There is no built-in camera for the iPod Touch
There are no Bluetooth capabilities for the iPod Touch
The iPod Touch has a separate Contacts app -- it's built into the Phone application on the iPhone
The iPod Touch has separate Video and Music apps, whereas the iPhone has a single "iPod" app that contains these functions
There is apparently (and obviously) no microphone on the iPod Touch, though it will be interesting to see if such audio-in capabilities could be enabled via a third-party device.
The iPod touch's headphone jack is on the bottom of the device
The iPod touch's screen appears to be of a slightly higher quality than the iPhone, with 163 pixels per inch to the iPhone's 160 pixels per inch. (?)
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10115117-233.html - it's for the 1st gen iPod and 1st gen iPhone - but the ones above still apply (I think).

e5
26-03-2009, 01:03 PM
ok so i shd jus get the touch? :s

Hurtone
26-03-2009, 01:33 PM
ok so i shd jus get the touch? :s

you need wifi spots if you wont to go out with it tho

GommeInc
26-03-2009, 02:21 PM
The obvious is the better answer, just ask for an iPhone because you want a new phone :/ Why do you want the iPhone if the obvious is of no use to you? :/ Other than that, the Touch only has WiFi while I think the iPhone uses whatever is inbuilt in most phones to access the internet (never used it so don't particularly know or care :P)

TAYLOOOOR1
26-03-2009, 02:37 PM
There isn't much difference..
Ipod Touch connects to the internet too, you can mail, play games listen to music...everything you can do on the iphone but make phone calls and take pictures.
However you buy the ipod touch's microphone headset..which is like 20 pounds (i bought one) you can get apps which you can phone people..like skype for example.
The Itouch is absoltue brilliant..i recommend it to anybody >;]
A big price drop has also happened with the Iphones too which is probs indicating something? There'll probs bring a new
iphone out soon anyway as they have been out some time..
If u get an itouch get the 2nd generation >;] (it has volume controlls and nike+ ipod) only a few more things diff but its better!! >;]

Hope this helped.
-Tay >;] x

Alkaz
26-03-2009, 03:57 PM
If your going to be using the GPS/Email/Internet on the go then the iphone is the better option, if not just get an ipod touch and keep your phone / get a new one.

Implement
26-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Ipod Touch connects to the internet too, you can mail, play games listen to music...everything you can do on the iphone but make phone calls and take pictures.
However you buy the ipod touch's microphone headset..which is like 20 pounds (i bought one) you can get apps which you can phone people..like skype for example.
A big price drop has also happened with the Iphones too which is probs indicating something? There'll probs bring a new
If u get an itouch get the 2nd generation >;] (it has volume controlls and nike+ ipod) only a few more things diff but its better!! >;]

Hope this helped.
-Tay >;] x

you obviously haven't got a clue of what you are on about.

I've had both the iPhone and iPod Touch (that I used with an N95)

And the iPhone 3G wins hands down, it's like having the N95 and iPod touch in one. (I know the N95 has better features, but the iPhone 3G makes up for that in other features, it is simple amazing.)

e5
26-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I already have the N95, so the phone thing isn't an issue. But the annoying thing would be that I can't use the internet on the itouch whenever I want :| on the iphone I can. I think the iphone will drop it price soon. When it does, i'll get the iphone, Because I feel limited with jus the touch :P

edit; lolz at above - erm ur like me den with the n95 ;p

Recursion
26-03-2009, 09:11 PM
You can get Joikuspot which creates a WiFi access point on your phone and you can connect your iPod Touch to it, I used to do it before I got my G1.

Captain
29-03-2009, 12:43 PM

Hope this helped.
-Tay >;] x

Why do people keep doing this >;]? It's quite annoying.

Anyway, I suggest getting an iPhone 3G since it pretty much has all of the iPod Touch features aswell as it being an actual phone.

- Liam >;]

e5
04-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Ok anyone has any other ideas about what the new iphone will have that the current iphone doesn't? lol

Recursion
04-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Faster speeds, updated tech, bigger space, who knows? It'll be hell awesome though regardless.

HotelUser
04-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Faster speeds, updated tech, bigger space, who knows? It'll be hell awesome though regardless.

I find lieing to justify why I want a piece of technology I really don't need does the trick;)

Recursion
04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I can't, im stuck on an 18 month contract with T-Mo dopjkqwdiojqwdijqwidqwj.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!