PDA

View Full Version : Multi-user iPhone app

MrPinkPanther
26-03-2009, 10:31 PM
A few friends and I intend to create a small project over the summer, testing the iPhones Multiuser gaming capcity. We will a small scale MMO which will probably never released and if it is it will only be a very limited release, its just something to play around with really.

What I want to know is what you wish to see. If you could fill out the short survey below it would be of a great help.

What type of massively multiplayer games are you intrested in (Roleplaying, chatting etc.)?

Its going to be 2D so what kind of graphical perspective would you like to see (Top down, Isometric etc.)?

How could we use the iPhones unique features in the game (Accelerometer, Multitouch etc.)?

If applicable what iPhone software version are you using (roughly!)?

Are there any specific iPhone game ideas you have that you would like to share?

+Rep to all reply

Cheers,
George

Recursion
26-03-2009, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't start until 3.0 is out IMO... if your doing an MMO game then 3.0 will have a lot to offer.

kk.
26-03-2009, 10:55 PM
if you were gonna use characters on a plane, you could tilt to slide them from one side to another.

good luck

if you were gonna use characters on a plane, you could tilt to slide them from one side to another.

good luck

Posts merged by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Posts merged due to lag

MrPinkPanther
26-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't start until 3.0 is out IMO... if your doing an MMO game then 3.0 will have a lot to offer.
I have the iPhone 3.0 software and SDK :). Im on the dev list. So if you have any 3.0 specific features then I can use them too.

Captain
27-03-2009, 12:57 AM
MAKE HABBO.

:job2
27-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Without flash? lol

Also, wouldn't it be quite difficult as everything will be so small

MrPinkPanther
27-03-2009, 08:02 AM
MAKE HABBO.
Ha ha, original ideas please

Without flash? lol

Also, wouldn't it be quite difficult as everything will be so small
Actually I can code in actionscript but alas, its unsupported. Im thinking Ill either make it a scrolling game or "pinch to zoom" to get around the sizing problem.

+Rep to all the replys.

RichardKnox
29-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Something like pokemon tbh ;)

Skajo
29-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Why are you surveying us if it's never going to be released and is only for your own development portfolio? Shouldn't you be asking yourself what you want to do?

Josh-H
29-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Have you done anything like this before? Because a smaller project would surerly better for a first time developer. A small to do list app or something to start with.

MrPinkPanther
29-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Why are you surveying us if it's never going to be released and is only for your own development portfolio? Shouldn't you be asking yourself what you want to do?
I'll do a free release of it if its any good. If not then it doesnt matter :)

Something like pokemon tbh ;)
I was thinking about that before, could be fun :). Thanks :D

Have you done anything like this before? Because a smaller project would surerly better for a first time developer. A small to do list app or something to start with.
Altogether Ive made probably about 15-20 small apps for experience. I now need something to really challenge me. A big long project

Captain
29-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah make a Pokémon game where you can battle other people online or over wi-fi :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!