PDA

View Full Version : Play.com

Jord
27-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Right I bought 2 items off play on thursday and It aint been send and It said anything over £50 needs to go to the cardholders address which is my sisters address on the card, And now I got this email

Dear JORDAN MCLEAN

Thank you for your recent order with Play.com.

At Play.com, we value your custom and take your online security very
seriously. Accordingly we have an additional security check in place.

To perform this check we ask that you contact our Customer Support Team on
0845 800 1020 ( UK only ) or +44 (0)1534 877 595 ( outside UK ). Our
opening hours are 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 5pm Saturday and
Sunday. Please have the card registered on the account to hand so that we
can process your order as quickly as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you
and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Play

Why do they want me to phone up? to make sure this is my address or something?

Smiddy
27-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Your name is different to the card holders name, imagine they just want verification.

Jord
27-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Nope, I own the card

Name on it is

Jordan McLean

Like my normal one

Smiddy
27-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Are the two addresses conflicting then?

Gotta be something like that.

Jord
27-03-2009, 10:24 PM
The address on the card is my sisters and the one I want my other item to come to is my home address.

Smiddy
27-03-2009, 10:33 PM
The address on the card is my sisters and the one I want my other item to come to is my home address.
Probably that then, I doubt anything negative will happen, just a security procedure.

Jord
27-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I phone up then what lol give them my email and stuff

Nixt
27-03-2009, 10:56 PM
I phone up then what lol give them my email and stuff

They will probably ask a couple of security details about your account just to make sure it is you and not someone elsewhere who has stolen your card and having stuff delivered to their address. It's in your interests!

PoizZoNxX
27-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Quite a few places require you (usually on first purchase) to use your Card Holders address. With ebuyer.com it did same with me, but I wanted mine delivered to my Dads so I used Google Checkout, rather than Ebuyer Checkout (you can't do this with Play) and it allowed me to, you'll just ring them up and confirm details about your account and current address thats all.

Jord
27-03-2009, 11:54 PM
They will probably ask a couple of security details about your account just to make sure it is you and not someone elsewhere who has stolen your card and having stuff delivered to their address. It's in your interests!

Cheers that was helpful :)

Quite a few places require you (usually on first purchase) to use your Card Holders address. With ebuyer.com it did same with me, but I wanted mine delivered to my Dads so I used Google Checkout, rather than Ebuyer Checkout (you can't do this with Play) and it allowed me to, you'll just ring them up and confirm details about your account and current address thats all.

Jord
29-03-2009, 12:55 AM
I got my mum to phone up and she done a good one, I put im 19 and she said the address on the card is my daughters so now apparently I have a 18 Year old child and im only 19 :l

Jord
31-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Ok so I sorted it out now :) ty for the help

Dragkid
16-04-2009, 07:32 PM
It won't be anything bad

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!