PDA

View Full Version : Religion In The Media.

J0SH
29-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Well we do this in RE so I'll just share some stuff with you.

The people who made The Matrix couldn't have done it without reading the bible, Neo being "the chosen one" Trinity kissing Neo and bringing him back to life etc, then you've got the oracle and such, what're your thoughts on films such as these? I thought it was a good watch as they're made to believe The Matrix is a real world when it's just a computer image world.

I done a Google search and this is worth a read.. http://www.flawedsociety.com/matrix.html

Wootzeh
29-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Try not to think into things too much.

J0SH
29-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Okay I won't do any thinking at school.

FlyingJesus
30-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Whatever you want to say about religion (and people please bare in mind this is not the place for GOD DOESN'T EXIST I HATE RELIGION posts) the Bible and other religious texts are fantastic for stories. The characters, events and theories that come from religious texts are reflected in works of fiction everywhere and with good reason: it works. Most character types can be found in them, as can many testing scenarios for those characters, and even mythical or holy places which can add depth to a novel, drama or film. If you have enough time to go into it, it's a great topic to explore

Titch
30-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Whatever you want to say about religion (and people please bare in mind this is not the place for GOD DOESN'T EXIST I HATE RELIGION posts) the Bible and other religious texts are fantastic for stories. The characters, events and theories that come from religious texts are reflected in works of fiction everywhere and with good reason: it works. Most character types can be found in them, as can many testing scenarios for those characters, and even mythical or holy places which can add depth to a novel, drama or film. If you have enough time to go into it, it's a great topic to explore

Took words right out of my mouth tom.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!