PDA

View Full Version : Help desk - USA

luce
29-03-2009, 02:13 PM
title says it all i think it would be an awesome idea we really have nothing else to offer the USA or any other hotel with International events failing maybe this would make people want to come and work for Events on the USA hotel and yeah everything on the Intr side may start to grow.. thoughts?

HxFbot
29-03-2009, 02:15 PM
There used to be one on the USA aswell as One on the CA hotel but sadly they both failed due to the lack of commitment from the staff. It was hard for staff to log onto the hotels on a regular basis with a small taskforce the room would practically always be dead.

scottish
29-03-2009, 02:15 PM
If you have to cut down on staff though you won't be able to hire more EO's for Int hotels ? :P

Problem is furni-wise on int hotels, like i don't know if anyone will have furni on international hotels?

but who would be trusted to own it etc, like atm its up to agm/gm's and their rarely on habbo uk never mind US? :P

dogboy123
29-03-2009, 02:16 PM
But this'd mean that people in america or w.e would stop them coming to the UK desk, which means that there wouldnt be as many international staff, which we need

But its a good idea, maybe it could work :)

Kipp
29-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I agree this would be a good idea.

leah
29-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I see what you're saying but it would be hard to find staff, monitor them as well as the UK staff, HxHD have international staff anyway so I don't think we need an international helpdesk, good idea though.

luce
29-03-2009, 02:18 PM
If you have to cut down on staff though you won't be able to hire more EO's for Int hotels ? :P

Problem is furni-wise on int hotels, like i don't know if anyone will have furni on international hotels?

but who would be trusted to own it etc, like atm its up to agm/gm's and their rarely on habbo uk never mind US? :P

Intr and UK Eo are diffrent things and also Fav donated 500 Hcs on USA i think he told me some time and i don't think they have been used since we do nothing on there. And someone like Sam may own it because you don't need to beon all the time to own it just to do rights and the manager would run it like Leah does now with the UK! it could even be put in the HxHD dept and the staff could double up or you could have USA staff :D

@Ben ~ I don't really get what you're saying.. it would stop USA people coming into UK Desk, well no it wouldn't because if UK is the hotel they use all the time then they wouldn't change because of a help desk surely! It would be for the people who use the USA all the time not for UK people to swap over

@Leah ~ The intr staff use UK and their first hotel if you like, this would be for people who use USA as their first hotel it doesn't matter where they live i used to use USA as my hotel before i knew there was a UK hotel *noob*

dogboy123
29-03-2009, 02:20 PM
But dont the american fansites have help desks, dont see why itd be such a big attraction

luce
29-03-2009, 02:23 PM
But dont the american fansites have help desks, dont see why itd be such a big attraction

The UK one isn't massive but i recon it would bring in people and it's about spreading the word coz habbox isn't big in the USA yet we have some international departments :D

leah
29-03-2009, 02:26 PM
HxL did the international extrav to bring in listeners and habboxers from the USA, it brought in a few but not many, it's hard when we have no resources on the USA hotels.

scottish
29-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Should run a completely dif dept

Like HxHD US, Events US etc so it doesn't tie in with the UK one.

Who uses HxHD atm thats from the US and uses the US hotel? :S i can't think of anyone.

If people use UK hotel they will still come to UK HxHD but if people use US hotel they can use US HxHD...... so its not going to result in less people coming.

Immenseman
29-03-2009, 02:29 PM
It's been tired more than once, never worked. Habbox isn't popular on .com like it is on .co.uk. It's like us seeing a help desk for Zabbo Fansite on UK (just made up the name to give people an idea).

luce
29-03-2009, 02:42 PM
HxL did the international extrav to bring in listeners and habboxers from the USA, it brought in a few but not many, it's hard when we have no resources on the USA hotels.

Fav donated 500 HC didn't he

It's been tired more than once, never worked. Habbox isn't popular on .com like it is on .co.uk. It's like us seeing a help desk for Zabbo Fansite on UK (just made up the name to give people an idea).

And i thought it was a typo.. *headbuts*

has it reli been tried before :o

leah
29-03-2009, 02:58 PM
The point im trying to make is that its been tried before and hasn't worked. Hiring and moderating staff would also be hard.

Laggings
29-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I think staying mostly Uk is better, because atm there were NO int events for april, which basically means we don't have alot atm to offer other hotels.

Immenseman
30-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Fav donated 500 HC didn't he

And i thought it was a typo.. *headbuts*

has it reli been tried before :o
Yeah has been tried when HxF US was about then they tried again with HxW then I think the international department tried again. Neither of these attempts have been successful primarily because people don't use Habbox on .com and have no real reason to do so.

leah
30-03-2009, 08:41 AM
It took years of work to make habbox popular in the UK, and thats with staff using the UK hotel and having credit on that hotel. It would take longer to develop a fanbase on the USA hotel as we would need to find staff and people to actually use habbox.

scottish
30-03-2009, 02:04 PM
It took years of work to make habbox popular in the UK, and thats with staff using the UK hotel and having credit on that hotel. It would take longer to develop a fanbase on the USA hotel as we would need to find staff and people to actually use habbox.

No offence, but you've used habbox for 2 years lol...

If you want to make habbox popular on USA hotel, doing nothing isn't going to help....

if someone has donated 500hc on usa hotel why isn't it being used? :S surely there is enough to fund a what, 5hc development for hxhd or something, hardly breaking the budget.

imho there should be a new "International Staff" staff group, where there would be 3 managers and an international AGM or existing AGM who looks after Int section. 3 Managers for each department (HxHD, HabboxLive and Habbox Events) it'd probably be better if HxL and HxE managers managed both that way no conflicts would exist in booking events/slots to DJ, however HxHD doesn't need same manager as nothings going to interfere really..

I'm sure plenty of people that use habbox will use other hotels not uk alone.

i think its worth a try as there is no attraction to habbox from US and its one of biggest hotels.

Sammeth.
30-03-2009, 02:19 PM
The number of HCs that was donated was 50, not 500, though its still a generous donation. Before community departments start going "international" the content that Habbox provides needs to be expanded to appeal to international guests. If we hold events and everything that's all good and well, but if they come to Habbox and see limited content geared towards their hotel they aren't going to want to choose Habbox over a USA based fansite or whatever. If anything, the first community department to be going international should be Rare Values, however I would rather concentrate on getting the departments stable and smooth before anything like this would be considered.

joshuar
30-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah we already tried with HabboxWorld, and Habbox USA before that, both of them failed in their attempts to get a successful international version of Habbox going, with it mainly being used by UK users, while I tried to recruit USA and International staff my attempts failed.

Somebody who is dedicated completley to the USA site and lives in the states may have a chance of it, but somebody capable of running a site which has such high expectations can be hard to find.

GoldenMerc
30-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Me and catszy / rosie tried this on .ca or .com a while ago for HabboxWorld and god its far harder, Habbox isnt known at all over there

leah
30-03-2009, 03:49 PM
No offence, but you've used habbox for 2 years lol...

If you want to make habbox popular on USA hotel, doing nothing isn't going to help....

if someone has donated 500hc on usa hotel why isn't it being used? :S surely there is enough to fund a what, 5hc development for hxhd or something, hardly breaking the budget.

imho there should be a new "International Staff" staff group, where there would be 3 managers and an international AGM or existing AGM who looks after Int section. 3 Managers for each department (HxHD, HabboxLive and Habbox Events) it'd probably be better if HxL and HxE managers managed both that way no conflicts would exist in booking events/slots to DJ, however HxHD doesn't need same manager as nothings going to interfere really..

I'm sure plenty of people that use habbox will use other hotels not uk alone.

i think its worth a try as there is no attraction to habbox from US and its one of biggest hotels.
Firstly habboxlive already have international DJs to keep the radio up through the night to appeal to a more international audience. We tried international events and it didn't work, same with other international ventures. We have hardly "done nothing". Over the time I have spent here I have seen many efforts to try and get habbox more popular across the globe but we've only been able to maintain a strong UK fanbase. Like Sam said, I think we need to concentrate on the departments we already have before we go making new ones, it would be nice to expand one day though.

Hecktix
30-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I remember all the attempts to get HxHD on Habbo USA, one of them came about when I was HxHD Manager for UK, and HabboxWorld was around. I didn't have much to do with the US Help Desk but I did help them out quite a bit and it wasn't dead, but it wasn't popular. I think Habbox does have a fanbase on the USA desk but I think Josh highlighted the main point, that it was always UK users attempting to run it, and this clearly isn't going to work.

Sammeth is right though, there is nothing at Habbox for Habbo USA players, and until there is there is no point in trying :)

Immenseman
30-03-2009, 04:24 PM
If an international department was to be tried again then I think it should only be after all of the current departments are running at their full potential. I can just speak for myself here and say Rare Values definitely aren't. There are many changes that could be implemented to make things better. Just my vision to make things better doesn't seem to match anyone elses :P That's just speaking for myself I'm sure other departments needs to make improvements also.

scottish
30-03-2009, 04:29 PM
If an international department was to be tried again then I think it should only be after all of the current departments are running at their full potential. I can just speak for myself here and say Rare Values definitely aren't. There are many changes that could be implemented to make things better. Just my vision to make things better doesn't seem to match anyone elses :P That's just speaking for myself I'm sure other departments needs to make improvements also.

Yeh like uploading images? :P

Immenseman
30-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Woop, just sent the first batch to Jin ;) :P love it!

scottish
30-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Did Hx US website (not forum) have values on it? :S

nvrspk4
31-03-2009, 05:50 AM
We simply didn't have the fanbase and because of that didn't have the staff base that we do here.

If we decided to go back international, it would be in the third quarter because we're really focusing on UK stuff, both new things and improvements.

HotelUser
31-03-2009, 10:27 AM
The UK one isn't massive but i recon it would bring in people and it's about spreading the word coz habbox isn't big in the USA yet we have some international departments :D

We had a .CA HxHD (and there are popular desks on CA) and we couldn't find staff, and we couldn't get it popular. People were like, "what's Habbox?":P

Alkaz
01-04-2009, 04:32 PM
The fan base for habbox on international hotels barely exists. All the international habbox sites (habboxworld etc) were closed due to not enough people using them. I think that a help desk on an international site will be pretty pointless, resorting back to old ways which were tried and failed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!