PDA

View Full Version : Project Management - APPsquared

l3etrayed
30-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Quick link to WIP interface demo. (http://zoidec.com/projects/appsquared/website/)

I just wanted to let you all know about a project I am working on, mainly as a system for my own use but will eventually be released to the public for use. I am designing a user panel (which at the moment is aimed towards web designers and developers) which allows designers and developers to keep track of a specific projects progress and communicate easily what needs to be done. Usually the main problem when working on a project with many people is lack of communication and understanding of what needs to be done. With this system people will easily be able to create to-do lists, log their recent activities and communicate and create plans for future development.

Another idea is for a client side of the panel. This would be useful for people doing design/development work for clients. With this the client would be able to log in and watch the progress of their project as well as give instant feedback and keep updating their brief. This way clients will not ever be left in the dark and can watch their project grow.

At the moment I have made a demo page of the interface, however it is only half complete. This can be found here (http://zoidec.com/projects/appsquared/website/).

Any feedback/ideas etc. will be much appreciated!

(PS. I understand it looks a bit dodgy in IE7 downwards, have only tested in latest FF and IE8)

kk.
30-03-2009, 07:01 PM
you can add chrome to the list.
Looks very nice. Well done.

Nli.
30-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I really like this.

Excellent2
30-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I absolutely love that design, well done. When will you be near completion?

Joshh
30-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh wow, that is a nice design - only basic yet very affective. Can't wait to see this...

Jaysun
30-03-2009, 08:26 PM
That UI is beautiful. Keep up the good work.

l3etrayed
30-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I am not sure really when it will be completed. I am going to start on the backend tonight though and just going to work solidly (minus school) through the next few days to try and get as much as I can done. I will post regular updates on the progress however and will post a date when I can see a possibility.

Blob
01-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Works on iPod touch

If you need any help, give me a pm or add me to msn I'm [email protected]

This took ages to write on the iPod

ReviewDude
01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I am incredibly impressed - good work, can't wait to see the finished product :D What are you planning to do with it? Sell it, or use it for your own projects?

Mr-Trainor
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
nice layout!

l3etrayed
01-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I know if you have a wide screen the navigation bar can look quite big, I've shortened the default and am planning on having an optiional "hide" feature where it will slide in when your mouse enters the left hand side of the screen.

What are you planning to do with it? Sell it, or use it for your own projects?

At first it is just a panel which I will use for my own use, however it will be developed further for release publicly. Details surrounding a public release have not yet been discussed so I will not go into it any further. All I can tell you is that it will eventually be made available for download and use by others...

ReviewDude
01-04-2009, 10:47 PM
At first it is just a panel which I will use for my own use, however it will be developed further for release publicly. Details surrounding a public release have not yet been discussed so I will not go into it any further. All I can tell you is that it will eventually be made available for download and use by others...

That's excellent - I look forward to its eventual release!

October
02-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Your concept is similar to PGMR, you do know, right?

l3etrayed
03-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Who/what is PGMR?

Protege
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
I actually ****ed, it was that hot. Well done +re[

l3etrayed
04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I will try and get some more of the interface design done today and post later... If anyone has any ideas or suggestions head over to http://appsquared.net

Dentafrice
04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
The design is simply amazing, I don't know how good of a coder you are.. so we'll see if the coding is a landslide compared to the amazing interface.

l3etrayed
04-04-2009, 06:38 PM
The design is simply amazing, I don't know how good of a coder you are.. so we'll see if the coding is a landslide compared to the amazing interface.

Tyvm! I'm not so much a coder myself and I want this project to be done securely and efficiently so I'm working with my co-worker from Zoidec to code it. So the backend PHP coding won't be mine really providing he comes online. Seems to have dissapeared atm...

Meti
13-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Looks awesome x13 :P

Anticimex
13-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow that is actually really really nice.
good luck with it!

iTwist
13-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Looks ace. Good luck with everything,

l3etrayed
13-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Just an update...

Looking at how things are going I may be looking for a PHP developer to join me and help code this project up to good standards. If you're interested send me a PM.

Dentafrice
13-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Just an update...

Looking at how things are going I may be looking for a PHP developer to join me and help code this project up to good standards. If you're interested send me a PM.
I might be interested, not sure yet :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!