PDA

View Full Version : http://Jase.in ... +3Rep For Reviewing :)

visa.
31-03-2009, 02:59 AM
this is my personal blog site that i've just started. it doesn't really have *that much* to do with habbo, it's mostly personal.
http://jase.in
in any case, do you like the layout? i just opened it today so there aren't many posts.

comments here please :) if the domain hasn't resolved for you yet (page comes up error) give it a day :)
xo
jase

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): All-caps title fixed.

Blinger1
31-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Layout is supreme :)!! Although some of your content is a bit, weird :S?

visa.
31-03-2009, 05:50 AM
well i'm not so much asking for content reviews, lol
it's a personal blog for personal stuff; i'm not looking to entertain anyone but myself.

i mostly am concerned about layout, and i'm super glad you love it :) +REP

J0SH
31-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Would be a lot better if you used Tumblr (http://www.tumblr.com) for something such as that where you can post videos etc, you can also make it look really good if you do up your own page (www.gnoice.com (http://www.gnoice.com)) that's owned by Awfy or whatever he goes by now on this forum. Althought his layout was better when the icons on the left were on the top! :P

Blinger1
31-03-2009, 07:53 AM
A tip, make the background stay where it is over the whole layout. So it doesn't really move, make sense?

A bit like the 'gnoice' website posted above ;)

visa.
31-03-2009, 08:14 AM
err, i don't want to use tumblr. wordpress is pretty much the standard platform for independent blogging online. as for "making my own page" .. i did make that page, lol. it's not like i used a premade layout. i might consider making the background static - ty for suggestion :)

edit: i made the background static, cool! ty for tip xooxox

Titch
31-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Love the layout and colours used, its in your face but isnt as same time which is good, although as said, u have some weird content.

visa.
31-03-2009, 08:32 AM
lol thank you, thank you

;) +rep

shizzle
31-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Layout is supreme :)!! Although some of your content is a bit, weird :S?
I totally agree with Blinger.

Jordan:A
31-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Oh cool, the colours go well together

Flisker
31-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice site! The content is quite funny as well ;) Good luck with it.

visa.
01-04-2009, 01:16 AM
thank you everyone for the reviews! i'll +REP everyone who posted. anyone else?

PS: what content is so "weird" to you guys?

kuzkasate
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I actually LOVE the layout. It just blends in with everything and looks perfect! Have some rep :D

Invent
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry but that layout is vile, lol.

Awfy
01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Gob smacked that people think that layout is even nice let alone "amazing", it's down right awful.

As for Wordpress being the "standard for blogging", don't just blurt out ******** facts. There are many blogging platforms which have the same if not more market share.

Wordpress is good for news based blogs however your blog isn't news based, it's a life log. Tumblog is made basically for that purpose.

RyanDOT
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Gob smacked that people think that layout is even nice let alone "amazing", it's down right awful.

As for Wordpress being the "standard for blogging", don't just blurt out ******** facts. There are many blogging platforms which have the same if not more market share.

Wordpress is good for news based blogs however your blog isn't news based, it's a life log. Tumblog is made basically for that purpose.

I agree with Awfy about the blogs of life and news-based. Anyways good luck but its about you so i can't change nothing about your life.

no waiii
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
did you make the layout xo?

Joshh
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
"i really gotta pee. like really. holy **** why didn’t i go pee before i typed this oh my ******* god i am going to pee on my bed ok i’m going to pee bye. oh also shaun and ross are quite darling mates as well. ok pee time. ok bye."

mm why would we want to know that?

no waiii
01-04-2009, 09:22 PM
he thinks he is jase spears

visa.
02-04-2009, 01:52 AM
LMAO I THINK MY POSTS ARE GREAT. yeah, i made the layout myself. i think my blog is quite nice and i find tumblog to be the worst thing i've ever tried using.

i don't really take much seriousness from the like 'web design s****' on this forum, anyways. people like awfy think they are the judges of the internet or something LMAO. fyi, awfy, my layout is damn precious!

+repping you all, even awfy (even though he thinks he knows more than he really does~~~~~~)

ps: i am definitely jase spears.. ;)

Awfy
02-04-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't think I know more than I think I do, I know more than I think I do :)

I pride myself in producing gnoicely designed websites time and time again and have created a name for myself on some blogs as a good web designer/developer through websites I've co-created with people. If anyone has the authority to judge your layout with the truth then it should be me, no? Just because I know your layout is awful, which clearly it is as the colours don't match in the slightest and the CSS is disgraceful, doesn't mean I'm a web design snob.

Wait a couple of years till you can actually design a nice layout then open that layout again and you'll hate it. I had designs like that from around 02' and 03', I laugh when I look at them now as they're down right disgusting.

I would gladly say it's gnoice if I was like you and had no clue about web design or the industry.

Blinger1
02-04-2009, 07:50 AM
But he isn't try to hit it big, obviously.
So the design isn't that bad, if it was for a professional fancy ass website, then it'd suck.

visa.
02-04-2009, 08:13 AM
awfy, let's suffice it to say that what is fashionable in web design is no less fickle than popular fashion in real life. some of the most successful websites in the world have less than perfect designs.

to be honest, no, your really don't have the "authority" to judge the layout. to begin, as far as aesthetics go, that's completely subjective. i think the colours match just fine (and evidently, so do others - i.e. comments on this thread "everything matches/blends"). what about your website? oh, wait ... you only used two colours. to simplify, i've had a lot of positive feedback about the layout - what you say seems awfully unfounded in contrast to the majority giving positive reviews.

don't tell me that design like this is "disgusting" ... LOL. do you not think that in two years time you will consider the design you have now as disgusting? like i said, what is 'fashionable' is also very fickle. in any case, i am sure you only have so much of an attitude because you're grasping to be some respected webdesign god on habbox forum web section. well, go ahead, i won't stop you ;)

ty for reviews everyone ~

EDIT
oh god, this just gets better. the self-proclaimed webdesign genuis' website (gnoice.com) brings up 35 ERRORS at http://validator.w3.org/ ... jase.in only brings up 17. double the errors, eh? love it...

Awfy
02-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm not grasping to be a web design god on Habbox LMAO. No point replying to you anymore as you clearly only listen to people with no design skill or history, once you have some talent and stop playing Habbo then you might get a decent design. Until then listen to what people with the skills and actually work in the industry tell you otherwise you'll get nowhere.

visa.
02-04-2009, 11:33 AM
err, what is this? habbox's next top web designer? buddy, i don't give a ____ if my design is considered 'decent' by the 'industry'. it's a sodding blog, mate. personal. i'm not looking to sell you anything here. i don't care how revolutionary or fresh my design is so long as it looks pretty. heyyy, guess what? i think it looks pretty and so do a damn lot of others. imagine that!

love how you completely ignored the 35 errors / 17 errors thing. ha ha, mr. awfy can't live up to his own standards. well whatevs, thank you for your thoughtful reviews!

camera
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I like it. its simple and cute unlike most blogs which have wayyy too much graphics ALL over the page. its well-organised too.

to above; its a blog. noone expects too much from blogs :S. cute, neat and easy to read is all that really counts

visa.
02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
wonderfully put, rancour! +rep

and thank you :)

Awfy
02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
err, what is this? habbox's next top web designer? buddy, i don't give a ____ if my design is considered 'decent' by the 'industry'. it's a sodding blog, mate. personal. i'm not looking to sell you anything here. i don't care how revolutionary or fresh my design is so long as it looks pretty. heyyy, guess what? i think it looks pretty and so do a damn lot of others. imagine that!

love how you completely ignored the 35 errors / 17 errors thing. ha ha, mr. awfy can't live up to his own standards. well whatevs, thank you for your thoughtful reviews!
Most of the errors found on mine are predefined code which Tumblr puts on the output. I think two of them are from me or a plugin which is made by someone else that I have enabled on my Tumblr.

For example most of them are from the YouTube embed code which is generated by Tumblr/YouTube, I have no way of editing them. I simply input the link to the YouTube page and it generates the embed code for me, part of Tumblr's video posting options.

Don't jump onto HTML coding invalidility when it's about your design, I didn't mention HTML at a single point however to find you have errors made by you is infact funny :P Also by "CSS" I meant the padding and colours on the content text you're using. It's ugly.

buttons
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
it is a nice layout!!! what defines a nice layout then? cause the colours look good and there's nothing that bad bout it. & yeah i was hoping it'd be like Callie is a Victim but it's still alright, i don't find it intersting just reading 'bout peoples life but it's nice for a blog, if you were to make it into a specific thing (cough callie is a victim) you'd get more people looking probably but don't wanna get it deleted again :P
also he doesn't even care about layout it's the content so whatever lol still looks gd

visa.
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
both callieisavictim and heardonhabbo got me in potential legal trouble with habbo ...

this isn't for habbo users, just some close habbo mates and my irl mates. just figured i'd post it here to see how people liked the look. i'm glad everyone but the ginger thinks the layout is nice :) ty buttons, +rep

no waiii
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
lol wot legal trouble?? you wasnt useing any habbo pics

J0SH
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
You honestly think people wanna know that you and your boyfriend were having sex then he had to stop and talk to his gaming mates, okay then..

no waiii
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
its from FML lol not from him

visa.
04-04-2009, 02:26 AM
i don't wanna get in to the legal issues but trust me when i say that they were there. plus i don't wanna get permed.

also lol@skepta; can't you read? you must be thick LOL

J0SH
04-04-2009, 04:14 AM
What's FML? And after I skim read the first line I stopped reading before I threw up, hence why I didn't know it wasn't from the Habbo addicted person himself :D

visa.
04-04-2009, 04:31 AM
What's FML? And after I skim read the first line I stopped reading before I threw up, hence why I didn't know it wasn't from the Habbo addicted person himself :D
and that's the kind of thing that makes you look like an idiot.

J0SH
04-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Coming from you? Well thank you for the compliment.

visa.
04-04-2009, 05:19 AM
hahaha, someone isn't a fan of me :)

J0SH
04-04-2009, 05:24 AM
Don't put words in my mouth I love you

visa.
04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
oh, that's lovely to know :) keep visiting my site etc. xo

Lucas0123
04-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow thats a nice layout, good work.

visa.
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
thank you, my dollie! +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!