PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Obama

BeanEgg
31-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Obama has arrived in London for tomorrow's G20 summit. Central London!

I think I'm going have trouble going to school tomorrow. ;D

Laggings
31-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Thank you for taking him. I have to live in USA with him :D

BeanEgg
31-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Thank you for taking him. I have to live in USA with him :D

Love to take him! Hate that other guy. :rolleyes:

RedStratocas
31-03-2009, 05:59 PM
oh is that where the special olympics are held this year?

Recursion
31-03-2009, 06:12 PM
OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Hes bloody brilliant he is.

kk.
31-03-2009, 06:18 PM

i have no diea what youre on about.. care to elaborate?

J0SH
31-03-2009, 06:20 PM

No the olympics are in London during the 2012 period. And no one is even going to get a glimpse of Obama that's how good his security is according to yesterdays news.

Jord
Cool why would you have trouble going too school

BeanEgg
Cool why would you have trouble going too school

Road blocks etc.

colourpot
31-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Just what i was thinking.

buttons
31-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Just what i was thinking.
he's welcome here :)

J0SH
31-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Oh and the population of down's syndrome etc is very high in America and like a .1% in England, so why are you blabbing on about special olympics?

VelvetClover
31-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh and the population of down's syndrome etc is very high in America and like a .1% in England, so why are you blabbing on about special olympics?

I think he said it because Obama said something jokey about the special olympics on an American chatshow and had to apologise.

He's great though, Obama woo

Jordy
31-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I think he said it because Obama said something jokey about the special olympics on an American chatshow and had to apologise.

he's welcome here :)

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Hes bloody brilliant he is.

Just what i was thinking.Okay and can each of you give me an explanation as to why he is 'Welcome here', 'Bloody brilliant' and 'Great'. Your explanation must not include anything such as 'Better than' George W Bush, Gordon Brown or Tony Blair. What has Obama done to improve America? What will he do to change America?

The thing you don't realise is that he's bad news for Britain and is just a symbol of change who's an excellent speaker but yet to do much good.

GommeInc
31-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah, forgot Brown is our PM! For some reason I thought we were PM-less :P Wanna play swapsees? Even though Obama is still to prove his true potential.

The thing you don't realise is that he's bad news for Britain and is just a symbol of change who's an excellent speaker but yet to do much good.
Indeed, people are still being a bit OTT about the whole Obama sitatuion, he hasn't really done anything yet. He still has one up on Brown, and that is because he's a good speaker :P

J0SH
31-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Atleast Obama won't be stealing tax payers money, he would actually build more GPs etc..

buttons
31-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Okay and can each of you give me an explanation as to why he is 'Welcome here', 'Bloody brilliant' and 'Great'. Your explanation must not include anything such as 'Better than' George W Bush, Gordon Brown or Tony Blair. What has Obama done to improve America? What will he do to change America?

if you read which quotes i quoted you will see i said "the other one" is welcome here so yah i wasn't talking bout obama :)
& in answer to your question he's done nothing yet so i can't really say but I know he's gonna try improve health care over there which is their main target, he probably doesn't care for Britain and only America so why would he care if he's bad news for Britain? & give the guy a chance he's been in power how long...?

Jordy
31-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Atleast Obama won't be stealing tax payers money, he would actually build more GPs etc..Lmao what government in the world doesn't steal tax payers money?! OH WAIT........

Yeah because you really know what you're on about when it comes to Obama's views on Healthcare, it's as simple as this, congress has little control over Healthcare in America as it's privatised and it costs money/insurance, in the UK though everyone is entitled to free healthcare on the NHS.

Edit to Buttons: I know he hasn't had much chance to do much yet, so why's everyone love him if he hasn't done anything? Because they're political idiots who know nothing about him just that he can speak well and that he's black which you'd think unusual for an American President.

I realised yeah that Obama doesn't care about Britain so I don't see why we all love him, he's attempting to ruin free trade.

Dentafrice
31-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Atleast Obama won't be stealing tax payers money, he would actually build more GPs etc..
Stealing tax payers money?! What? Look at our federal spending! Where do you think that money comes from? Taxpayers!

buttons
31-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Edit to Buttons: I know he hasn't had much chance to do much yet, so why's everyone love him if he hasn't done anything? Because they're political idiots who know nothing about him just that he can speak well and that's he's black which you'd think unusual for an American President.

I realised yeah that Obama doesn't care about Britain so I don't see why we all love him, he's attempting to ruin free trade.
yeah i agree with u stop biting my head off lol i don't love him, i didn't even want him to win!! Bush was liked because he was a good speaker and other things but after a while he was hated for making crappy decisions so it'll happen to Obama next, even though I agree with what he's trying to do for health care not that it's even going to effect/bother me.

Stefy09
31-03-2009, 09:24 PM

I see you'll be competing :)

Sammeth.
31-03-2009, 09:43 PM

Innit on Jay Leno he compared his bowling skills to something you would see in the special olympics or something.

Laggings
31-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Secret Service with machine guns. pop pop if you get too close to obama :(

scottish
31-03-2009, 09:54 PM
dno if anyone has corrected you, but G20 is on Thursday (2nd) not tomorrow (Wed 1st)

RedStratocas
31-03-2009, 11:08 PM
i have no diea what youre on about.. care to elaborate?

No the olympics are in London during the 2012 period. And no one is even going to get a glimpse of Obama that's how good his security is according to yesterdays news.

woah calm down peeps, lolololol. i guess this didnt get much play in england: obama was on Leno (a popular late night comedy/talk show) about 2 weeks ago, and they started talking and somehow it got on the subject of his bowling skills (during the campaign there was footage of him getting lots of gutterballs) and obama made the remark that it was "like the special olympics or something." for those who don't know, the special olympics are various sporting events held in all sorts of places in the country for children with mental or physical disabilities. so even though it was kind of a self-insult, it was poking fun of the handicapped in a way. the comment has been getting a fair amount of press.

i was just making a joke lol.

and yeah, obama's cool.

J0SH
31-03-2009, 11:17 PM
woah calm down peeps, lolololol. i guess this didnt get much play in england: obama was on Leno (a popular late night comedy/talk show) about 2 weeks ago, and they started talking and somehow it got on the subject of his bowling skills (during the campaign there was footage of him getting lots of gutterballs) and obama made the remark that it was "like the special olympics or something." for those who don't know, the special olympics are various sporting events held in all sorts of places in the country for children with mental or physical disabilities. so even though it was kind of a self-insult, it was poking fun of the handicapped in a way. the comment has been getting a fair amount of press.

i was just making a joke lol.

and yeah, obama's cool.

We don't get them shows here so it's easy to make a slip.

I see you'll be competing :)

I'll do a reconstruction of the film The Ringer and fix the special olympics to make Stefy the microwave win.

Stefy09
01-04-2009, 12:03 AM
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/8194cf349d31b52microwave1.gif

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/093135b0097d0e4microwave2.gif

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

BeanEgg
01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
dno if anyone has corrected you, but G20 is on Thursday (2nd) not tomorrow (Wed 1st)

I am aware of that, there is also meetings before hand aswell a lunch, and a visit to Buckingham Palace which is central London. In London, they usually do things before hand aswell. ;)

AM was fine, PM had to get the Tube.

scottish
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Yep but G20 isn't until tmoorrow and you posted saying today ;) Today some PM/Presidents are coming to meet and queens hosting a lunch, and obama and GB at 10DS from what i remember. :P

cocaine
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it the taxpayers money that helps you get your education and enables you to free medical support on the NHS? Now consider your opinion on how 'the government steals tax money'.

buttons
01-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it the taxpayers money that helps you get your education and enables you to free medical support on the NHS? Now consider your opinion on how 'the government steals tax money'.
then it isn't free

scottish
01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Nothing in life is free (obviously other than fresh air, etc)

cocaine
01-04-2009, 04:48 PM
then it isn't free

He doesn't pay taxes as far as I'm concerned.

buttons
01-04-2009, 04:54 PM
his mum does, everyone that's employed pay taxes do they not. higher the income the higher you pay..

scottish
01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Yh if you earn up to like 2.4k you get 10% tax up to 37.4k its 20% and over that its 40%

cocaine
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
his mum does, everyone that's employed pay taxes do they not. higher the income the higher you pay..

Yeah well I wasn't referring to his mum was I?

buttons
01-04-2009, 06:00 PM
well she's still paying for his "free" health care

Jordy
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
well she's still paying for his "free" health careIt is free though, as long as she's a British Citizen she's entitled to Free Health Care whether she works or not. Being taxed is not 'paying', taxing is different to 'paying'. Tax is made in several more ways than just income tax, when you buy most things you usually pay VAT and if you don't have to pay VAT, the state still get some of your money as the business's profits will be taxed at the end of the year.

Virgin Mary
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
It's true though, like how our government taxes us if we have a nice view from a window and if you get inheritance they take a certain amount.

J0SH
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Do you not read the papers at all? A MP is using 1k of tax payers money to buy a bath for her home, if only 1k went torwards something else.

Neversoft
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
No the olympics are in London during the 2012 period.

He said Special Olympics, not Olympic Games. The GB Special Olympics are being held in in Leicester between the 25th and 31st July this year.

J0SH
02-04-2009, 11:19 PM
He said Special Olympics, not Olympic Games. The GB Special Olympics are being held in in Leicester between the 25th and 31st July this year.

I'm aware of that ;)

Havoline
02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm aware of that ;)
'cause your competin?

J0SH
03-04-2009, 01:48 AM
'cause your competin?

No I'm aware he said special olympics, what would I be competing in? I'm not disabled.

Blinger1
03-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Guess what, the Veronicas share a hotel room next to him :|?

Neversoft
03-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm aware of that ;)

Obviously not if you thought RedStratocas meant the Olympic Games.

leah
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I'd love to live in London and see all the famous people haa.
The Queen drove past my house when she came to Cornwall though.

Dragkid
16-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Cool :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!