PDA

View Full Version : PC World - Bad Experience.. Again.

Tim.
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok

I rescently received a grant/commision for work im undertaking for my local Forest & Walkway, And with this, I bought a new laptop, HP Printer, And office Home & Student edition 2007.

Issue number 1. I payed £249 for the printer (NOTE: This is full price) To get home and discover it has been pre-owned, so we had to traul all the way into teeside to get them to change it (1 hour round trip). Then we were told we would have to collect it on monday as they had none in stock, and delivery was out of the question, even though the sales person had forgotten to tell us it had been pre-owned, even when a warning should have appeared on the screen when at checkout the customer rep told us. So i bared this, and now i've got the printer.

Issue number 2. I get the printer, then i begin to install the Office 2007 CD - Half way through i receive error message

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/109159f83421251install.jpg

I've rang up, and no they wont deliver a new copy, I HAVE To go and collect another! I turned up at the store AFTER Pre-reserving a copy, to find out they have none in stock, and no such reserve had been made. Now i'm looking forwards to ANOTHER trip to pc world.

They've lost my custom as im returning the laptop, printer & office 2007 and getting them elsewhere.

Anyone else had such **** customer service from these guys?

Recursion
01-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Office 2007, I think that is a common problem, you could have just downloaded a file (did you Google the error? ;)) and used your key to activate it, but fair enough, if I had bought Office 07 I would want a working disk too!

The printer is rediculous! I've had that problem with PC World too, reserved a Logitech keyboard and mouse online with them and when I got there they had put out a preowned one on the trolly, I had to argue with him saying that I wanted a new one, he then said they have none in stock and I was adamant he went and checked, sure enough, five minutes later he came back saying he had "found" a brand new one in stock :rolleyes:.

For reservations your meant to wait until the next day, I don't know if you did this but their site doesn't make it very clear!

I only go to PC World for essentials now, you can usually get a far better deal online with far better customer service (Yay for Novatech replacing my motherboard and getting a new one to me in around 3 days!)

hamheyelliot
01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I went into PC World, and I was at the checkout counter for 10 minutes straight, while 4 workers there were just casually having a chat to each other. Then someone finally notices and waddles over to a counter...

Tim.
04-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Lol laptop screes stopped working now lmao xD We're back to PC World again today. Jesus Christ. (We hoped to return it, but they wouldnt budge, even though its their fault ;S)

However, they seem to have released that the 10 Hours it has so far taken to get the PC world in the last few visits deserves some compensation, we're getting a voucher of £100 to spend on the new laptop, cause we're just gona get a new one

redtom
04-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Just say right I want a refund or you can deal with trading standards, easy, you’re in the right as by law if you buy something it should last for a reasonable amount of time for its price (apart from food and stuff you use up) so say you buy a TV for 3K and it breaks in 3 months through no fault of your own then they must give you a new one, as it should last a reasonable amount of time and 3 months is in no way worth it.

Angel-Light
04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Parents laptop broke (BSOD, looked up everything couldn't figure out why it kept coming up. Took it to PC World they wiped it clean and said they fixed it. Got it hom and I loaded it up yet again BSOD appears. Took it back again - they say they fixed it. Took it home and YET AGAIN BSOD appears.

Once again we toddled back to PC World to find out they decided to send the laptop down to England for testing. Memory needed replacing and now the screen has broken but I think my parents are just thinking of getting a new laptop.

My advice - NEVER GO TO PC WORLD :P Useless bunch of monkeys imo

myke
04-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I hate PC world, their customer service is crap.

Luke
04-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I live near teeside, except i go to the Teen Valley PC world, and i, so far, have had no problems what so ever with them. Although, I've stopped buying my computers from outlets, and generally, use Dell for laptops, and build my own PC. Last time i bought a computer, from pc world, was JAN 07.

Service was fine, HP "Slim" Computer, with 19" Widescreen, and free printer. I'cve only ever been back once, and that was to buy some thermal paste. They must've gone downhill since :(

xxMATTGxx
04-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of PC World and try and get people who I know and family to stay away from there. Because of bad services and most of the time "rip off" prices. When you can easily get a better deal from the net. Although, my Dell monitor has been amazingly fine and that was bought from PC World, so no real worries at the moment for myself. Hope you can get it all sorted soon :(

Jordan,
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Simple answer Get a Mac or dell

awelsh
05-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Ive had problems with them, took laptop in and it needed a full re-install of OS and software. Paid them £30 to do it as apparently my warranty didnt cover it, ******s.

When it was "fixed" I took it home and found out they didnt even test it themselves as helf of the buttons still didnt work, took another trip there to get it done and they tried charging me again, had none of it and got it free in the end. Still **** though

The Professor
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
PC world need some sort of big company to sue them for being rip-off cowboys. They don't do what they say and overcharge for what they don't do, there must be some sort of law against that somewhere.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!