PDA

View Full Version : Rock band for the psp :/

muckytears
01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
http://kotaku.com/5159408/littlebigplanet-rock-band-assassins-creed-coming-to-psp
http://twitter.com/deliciousbees/status/1245613785
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/24/rock-band-unplugged-announced-for-psp/
http://www.primotechnology.com/2009/02/23/primotech-exclusive-ea-publishing-rock-band-unplugged-for-the-psp/

hmm this should be weird

Stitch
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah I heard about this a month or two ago. It sounds weird but I might buy it depending on what the final song list is like.

muckytears
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
update, apparantly these songs are meant to be on it

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
AFI - Miss Murder
Alice In Chains - Would?
Billy Idol - White Wedding, Part 1
Blink 182 - What's My Age Again?
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Boston - More Than a Feeling
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Jackson 5 - ABC
Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
Modest Mouse - Float On
Nirvana - Drain You
Pearl Jam - Alive
The Police - Message in a Bottle
The Presidents Of The USA - Lump
System of a Down - Chop Suey
Weezer - Buddy Holly
The Who - Pinball Wizard

ABC :/

J0SH
02-04-2009, 04:25 AM

AFI - Miss Murder
Alice In Chains - Would?
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Jackson 5 - ABC
Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
Modest Mouse - Float On
Nirvana - Drain You
Pearl Jam - Alive
Weezer - Buddy Holly
The Who - Pinball Wizard

DEFGHIJKLMNOPQ :/

It'll be weird on PSP, and they get LittleBigPlanet too, so much for PS3 exclusive.

Jord
02-04-2009, 05:29 AM
:S hows this going to work out :

Stitch
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM

AFI - Miss Murder
Alice In Chains - Would?
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Jackson 5 - ABC
Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
Modest Mouse - Float On
Nirvana - Drain You
Pearl Jam - Alive
Weezer - Buddy Holly
The Who - Pinball Wizard

I hope the full track list has way more than 5 songs which are not already avaliable for RB on consoles.

dbgtz
04-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Sony exclusive. Other ps3 games going on PDP like resistance

Stitch
08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Here is the press release:

“ROCK BAND UNPLUGGED” FOR THE
PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) SYSTEM:
THE AWARD-WINNING MUSIC VIDEO GAME IS GOING
ON THE ROAD ON JUNE 9, 2009

Rock Band Unplugged to utilize the first fully-featured in-game store for downloadable content on the PSP system

Sony Computer Entertainment America Celebrates the Power of Rock with a Limited Edition Rock Band PSP Entertainment Pack

Cambridge, Mass. – April 8, 2009 - Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games, MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced plans today to release Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. Rock Band Unplugged, developed by Harmonix in partnership with Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio, and based on the award-winning Rock Band series of games, will launch simultaneously in both North America and Europe June 9, 2009. The game will launch exclusively on the PSP system with software retailing for $39.99 in North America.
“Rock Band Unplugged reinvents band gameplay while staying true to the authentic feel of the Rock Band console games,” said Bob Picunko, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games for MTV Games. “Harmonix delivers innovation with every game they develop and we are excited to continue our long-list of industry firsts with the Rock Band in-gamewireless music store on the PSP system.”
Rock Band Unplugged creates a full band experience in the palm of your hand by combining traditional beat match gameplay with key elements from both Rock Band and Rock Band 2, such as overdrive and chords. Your hands are the “peripherals” in Rock Band Unplugged allowing you to take direct control of the lead/bass guitars, drums and vocals. In addition, players can expect a rich Rock Band experience with fully functional modes like World Tour, Band Survival and Warm Up and a robust character creator for full customization!

Rock Band Unplugged will feature over 40 master-recordings including nine brand new, exclusive songs for the PSP system for a limited time! Plus, Rock Band Unplugged will include the first fully-featured in-game store for downloadable content on the PSP system in the North American and European markets, leveraging the PSP system’s wireless capabilities. The in-game store will be powered by PlayStation®Network, and players will be able to use their existing PlayStation Network account to purchase tracks, similar to the Rock Band console experience. PSP system owners will also have the option of purchasing tracks via PlayStation®Store on the PC.

The following tracks will launch exclusively through Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP system for a limited time before becoming downloadable content for the other platforms:

3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"
AFI - "Miss Murder"
Alice in Chains - "Would?"
Audioslave - "Gasoline"
Black Tide - "Show Me the Way"
Blink 182 - "What's My Age Again"
Freezepop - "Less Talk More Rokk"
Jackson 5 - "ABC"
Tenacious D - "Rock Your Socks"

To commemorate the debut of the Rock Band franchise on the PSP system, Sony Computer Entertainment America plans to release a limited edition Rock Band branded PSP Entertainment Pack at the launch of Rock Band Unplugged. The bundle will include the game, a voucher to download Paramount Pictures’ School of Rock from PlayStation®Store, a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™, and a “Piano Black” PSP system. The Rock Band Entertainment Pack will be available in North America for $199.99 (MSRP).

Rock Band is the ultimate platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. The game challenges players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune – all while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals. Featuring the most master recordings of any music game ever by the world’s biggest rock artists, Rock Band includes tracks that span every genre of rock ranging from alternative and classic rock, to heavy metal and punk.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2230649#post2230649

I think they should make them songs exportable if you have the game instead of buying them again for the console version.

Stitch
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I found a trailer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/08/new-limited-edition-rock-band-unplugged-entertainment-pack/

Reminds me of Frequency.

CJW93
14-04-2009, 07:09 PM
So no instruments. might aswel buy Guitar hero for your ipod or something

Stitch
15-04-2009, 11:40 AM
It's supposed to be a sequel to Amplitude but they called it Rock Band: Unplugged.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!