PDA

View Full Version : Would you save a stranger?

Ladygaga
02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
It was a TV show on today; so what's your views?

Would you save someone who was being mugged by a gang of lads?

Would you risk your life to save a child?

Immenseman
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
hmm, i don't think i could make that decision until i was placed in the situation. it's easy for me to sit here at my computer and say "of course i would" when in reality there could be a number of extraneous variable that would alter my decision making.

J0SH
02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow they're getting mugged, they hand whatever over and then they get to walk free, if I was to jump in I'd get stabbed or something, **** that.

Laggings
03-04-2009, 02:58 AM
I always carry a pocketknife with me, so yes to the first question.

And yes to the second question, no matter what the situation was.

camera
03-04-2009, 03:50 AM
no. whats the point of trying when you know you cant do it? why make it worse?
id walk away but ill be worried

ihatehash
03-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Its hard to answer that question, I could call the police, but the damge would have already have been done, and if I tried to stop them, well I'm small and puny so what would I actually do?

Virgin Mary
03-04-2009, 04:15 AM
Its hard to answer that question, I could call the police, but the damge would have already have been done, and if I tried to stop them, well I'm small and puny so what would I actually do?
Kick them as hard as you can in the balls.

buttons
03-04-2009, 06:53 AM
yeah especially a child, their life is more valuable than mine but only if they were actual in danger

redtom
03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
If theres a gang I proberly wouldn't just in and help, ring the cops but thats about it because I wouldn't be able to help on my own, but if it was just one or two people then I'll proberly try and help out, but yeah you can't really say now.

And yes to the second question, no matter what the situation was.

Yes because you and pocketknife is going to take on a gang of lands, you'll get the **** kicked out of you and then get done for attacking them with a knife :rolleyes:

IceNineKills
03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
hmm, i don't think i could make that decision until i was placed in the situation. it's easy for me to sit here at my computer and say "of course i would" when in reality there could be a number of extraneous variable that would alter my decision making.

i'd have to agree with immenseman.

drama
03-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Depends on the situation, if it was like 20 teens beating up another teen then i'd leave it, if it was one or two people trying to mug somone then i'd probably step in

Favourtism
03-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow they're getting mugged, they hand whatever over and then they get to walk free, if I was to jump in I'd get stabbed or something, **** that.
good, youre a ******

Caution
03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, unless it's by like a huge gang or anything. It's easier said than done, but I don't think I could walk past without doing anything.

Nli.
03-04-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure.
If someone was getting mugged, probably. If it was an old woman or something like that.

And yeah I would risk my life to save a child, but I didn't know what you meant by that - if it was like a child needed first aid but they were in danger, yeah seeing as I know first aid.

Laggings
03-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes because you and pocketknife is going to take on a gang of lands, you'll get the **** kicked out of you and then get done for attacking them with a knife :rolleyes:

Like I care? If they turned to me at least the other person would have a chance to get away. Worst comes to worst they beat the **** out of me but leave the other guy. Just because you wouldn't save anyone doesn't mean I wouldn't.

MJJ
03-04-2009, 01:58 PM
I think I would just call the police, but I have no idea what I would really do until I was actually put into that situation, like Immenseman said.

Dinosaurawrr
03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
tbh i dno.
to the first question. i coulkd but id b scared
and 2 the second one deffinatly.
you see..
i may be put into tht place alot due to the fact im studying childcare i got to placement and children are in my care and will be when i get a job therefor im responsible for them and have no choice but to save them children.
:]
but i would anyway lol

Laggings
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Just get a liscense to carry :D

FlyingJesus
03-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Prob just ignore it or join in or something idk as if I'm gonna put myself at risk though I'm worth too much

Laggings
03-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Prob just ignore it or join in or something idk as if I'm gonna put myself at risk though I'm worth too much

Or join in huh? That's so mean :(

GoldenMerc
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
if i knew who was mugging them i would stop it
but on the other hand if i didnt i woulnt.

AlexOC
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Hard to make a accurate decision untill your placed in the situation.

I probably would.

Tintinnabulate
03-04-2009, 04:45 PM

I agree. Psychological research has shown that people say they will do something but usually don't when they are actually put in that situation.

[DC]eption
03-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Your a mug. Carrying a knife is for pussys, its no wonder there is so much knife crime.

I don't know never been put in the situation. I'd probably give it a miss if there was a large group of them, would most likely ring the police although it would be a bit late.

brandon
03-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I think I would, whether I would in the situation, with the shock and everything I'm not sure but I'd like to think I'd risk my life for them.

Laggings
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM
eption;5716710']Your a mug. Carrying a knife is for pussys, its no wonder there is so much knife crime.

I don't know never been put in the situation. I'd probably give it a miss if there was a large group of them, would most likely ring the police although it would be a bit late.

Maybe if you read more than just the first page you wouldn't have given me mindless -rep :D

[DC]eption
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe if you read more than just the first page you wouldn't have given me mindless -rep :D

I haven't given you mindless -rep babe.

and i did read the 2nd page, and i still think your a mug for carrying a knife. x

Marucho
03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
carrying knives doesnt make you look cool.

i would like to say yes, but probably not. depends on a number of circumstances; how many people were involved etc. ive been attacked before and even my friends didnt step in because they were so scared. So, i don't know. Probably not

FlyingJesus
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM

I don't get it, the 2nd page doesn't make you look any better :S I was expecting to go back and see "I have it for my art course" or something justified, but instead you just stated how you were willing to stab someone, nice.

Fez
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
eption;5716758']I haven't given you mindless -rep babe.

and i did read the 2nd page, and i still think your a mug for carrying a knife. x
Well maybe he's just scared? A lot of people are.

Neversoft
03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't risk my life to save a stranger, but I'd save them if my life wasn't in any danger.

lew!
03-04-2009, 08:45 PM
To be honest, It would completely depend on the situation, there's no point trying to save someone when you know for a fact you're gonna get battered and not save the person! Whereas if you actually have an influence on the situation there's every point.

leah
03-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't know, I've never been in that situation before. It's easy to say yes or no but you don't know how you would react when you go into that state of shock.

Twist
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
It was a TV show on today; so what's your views?

Would you save someone who was being mugged by a gang of lads?

Would you risk your life to save a child?
Lmao no who would.

Berch
04-04-2009, 05:34 PM
If it was some random ass guy I wouldn't I'd just call the police let them take his stuff and let the police take it from their if it was a kid I probably would do something about it depending on how many their where and how old they looked etc.

Dragkid
16-04-2009, 07:25 PM
to be honest, there is no way i could live with myself if i just left someone to die

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!