PDA

View Full Version : MSN Plus ~ CiD ads! (+rep)

Mr-Trainor
04-04-2009, 12:43 PM
After downloading MSN plus about 2 weeks ago, I get these CiD ads which open in internet explorer. Norton internet explorer has detected adware.LOP or something and I've removed it twice but I still get the ads.. help? :)

Kevin
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
When you install MSN Plus, you get a choice to install a sponsor program, you must have said yes to it.

here is instructions on how to remove it:

To uninstall the sponsor, simply go in "Add/Remove Programs" (Windows XP) or "Programs and Features" (Windows Vista), select "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" and follow the instructions. You will be given the choice of uninstalling the sponsor only (if you still want to keep Messenger Plus! without the ads) or everything altogether. Note that if the software is listed as "Messenger Plus! Live" only or if the uninstaller informs you that the sponsor is indeed not installed, it means that the sponsor is indeed not currently running on your computer and that the advertisements you may be seeing are coming from something else installed in your system.
If the sponsor was installed but damaged by a third party program, the uninstaller will inform you of the problem. In that case, the easiest procedure is generally to disable your anti-adware/spyware, reinstall Messenger Plus! Live with its sponsor and launch the uninstaller again, this will ensure that nothing interferes with the proper uninstallation of the program. When launched, the sponsor's uninstaller will simply ask you to confirm the number displayed on screen and will then proceed with the uninstallation. You can then re-enable your anti-adware/spyware and contact its distributor about the problem you experienced caused by its improper removal of the Messenger Plus!'s files.

Always read what you're installing from now on, and not to say 'Yes' to everything,

Kevin.

Mr-Trainor
04-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I didn't notice the thing before where it has the sponsor, then I uninstalled and downloaded without sponsor but still had it. I'll try installing it again with the sponsor and then uninstalling :)

Mr-Trainor
04-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Done it 5 minutes ago and it appears to have worked!
+rep :D

Kevin
04-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Done it 5 minutes ago and it appears to have worked!
+rep :D

Thanks for the rep, and glad it worked for you.
If you need anything else, just give me a shout :)

Mr-Trainor
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
will do :P

Laggings
04-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Even though this has been fixed...
You might want to download a program called 'Ad-Aware'. It works by scanning your entire computer for Adware, which are those nasty little pop's and banner ad's you normally don't get but are getting.

Just a suggestion :D Glad everything is fixed!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!