PDA

View Full Version : World power

-:Undertaker:-
04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Which country do you think is the biggest threat to the west/NATO. In short, who do you think a new cold war/WW3 would be most likely to happen with.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg/125px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg)
People's Republic of China
(nuclear weapons)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Flag_of_Russia.svg/125px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Russia.svg)
Russian Federation
(nuclear weapons)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Flag_of_India.svg/125px-Flag_of_India.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_India.svg)
Republic of India
(nuclear weapons)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Flag_of_Brazil.svg/125px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Brazil.svg)
Federative Republic of Brazil
(nuclear power, not weapons)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Flag_of_Japan.svg/125px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Japan.svg)
Japan
(nuclear power, not weapons)

Ive included these countries because they mainly either have nuclear weapons or nuclear power which means they could make nuclear weapons if they desired. Also due to their emerging world influence I have included them. The question is simple, which of these do you find the biggest threat to the western world?

Minstrels
04-04-2009, 10:49 PM
China.

no waiii
04-04-2009, 10:53 PM
why isnt irelands flag there

http://www.tipp.ie/irish_flag.jpg

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

04-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Ireland relies heavily on the EU for money and support, is not a member of NATO, does not have nuclear power, let alone nuclear weapons and therefore isn't a threat. :8

no waiii
04-04-2009, 11:06 PM
we have wind power mwahwmwham

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks :).

Jordan,
04-04-2009, 11:07 PM
none of them it will be north korea if anyone

Jordy
04-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Iran? Pakistan? North Korea? (just watched Die another day lol) The Vatican?

Maybe China but I don't really see any of them as a threat atm

04-04-2009, 11:10 PM
we have wind power mwahwmwham

:P

none of them it will be north korea if anyone

North Korea only has an estimated 5 warheads and doesn't currently have the technogly to send them to many places, their current missiles can only reach South Korea and some other neighbours, besides 1 - 6 nuclear missiles against NATOs' combined nuclear warheads (over 2,000) wouldn't be much of a war now, would it. I am talking about near-equal strength, not a rogue state like Iran or North Korea.

EDIT: Ahh yes Jordy I missed out Pakistan, damn it. :P

Jordan,
04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I still dont think it will be any of them because we have good relations the us and russia are nogotiating de armoment of warheads

no waiii
04-04-2009, 11:13 PM
You will all want our wind and waves when you oil runs out

Nemo
04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
i personally think russia, but i dont know much about these kinda things

Jordy
04-04-2009, 11:20 PM
:P

North Korea only has an estimated 5 warheads and doesn't currently have the technogly to send them to many places, their current missiles can only reach South Korea and some other neighbours, besides 1 - 6 nuclear missiles against NATOs' combined nuclear warheads (over 2,000) wouldn't be much of a war now, would it. I am talking about near-equal strength, not a rogue state like Iran or North Korea.

EDIT: Ahh yes Jordy I missed out Pakistan, damn it. :PPakistan has the potential to rattle India which could then cause a nuclear war and then all the call centres in Delhi would be gone and then when anyone in the West has a problem with their ISP or bank there won't be anyone on the other end...

May well be true but [North] Vietnam wasn't a particularly strong country either but because they were backed by the USSR it dragged out the war. Iran and North Korea have collaborated together in terms of building Nuclear 'Power' (WEAPONS LULZ). Iran also have been getting away with it far too long and now there's Obama he's just trying to brush it under the carpet, he has no idea what to do as he wants to be a peacemaker but won't accept their 'nuclear' situation either. Iran has also began launching satellites and brings the majority of weapons and rebels into Iraq. Iran also funds rebels in Syria who try to disrupt Israel. And who gives Iran (and also North Korea and Pakistan to a lesser extent) a lot of their power and weapons? Russia.

04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
You will all want our wind and waves when you oil runs out

I don't think so, mainly because wind farms take up stupid amounts of room, also oil will last for another 100 years at least, we have nuclear waiting in the wings and the great thing about nuclear is that not only is it reliable, it lasts for more than 20 years which wind sadly doesn't.

Also on the PROC issue, it may seem friendly now but do remember, over the past few years China have intimidated NATO forces even coming right up in submarines next to US ships. They also say they will take back Taiwan which the US supports.

no waiii
04-04-2009, 11:31 PM
sorry but we have raidoactive potatoes

Virgin Mary
04-04-2009, 11:42 PM
America isn't NATO/the west. The only reason we'd get started on is because countries like Russia and Korea are mardy and America try and act world police on them.

Jordy
04-04-2009, 11:55 PM
America isn't NATO/the west. The only reason we'd get started on is because countries like Russia and Korea are mardy and America try and act world police on them.Nobody says they were? America is part of NATO and 'The West' though.

'Mardy' is local dialect so there's no point expressing the term on the internet and 'Mardy' basically means they get pissed off then they either runaway or become irritating. Yeah because countries can really act like that... Korea isn't even a country... Countries don't 'Start on' each other, wars aren't playground scraps... 'World Police' is a stupid term used by Kennedy which isn't true anymore, America hardly police the world, they try to police bits of it but not all of it.

05-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Pakistan has the potential to rattle India which could then cause a nuclear war and then all the call centres in Delhi would be gone and then when anyone in the West has a problem with their ISP or bank there won't be anyone on the other end...

May well be true but [North] Vietnam wasn't a particularly strong country either but because they were backed by the USSR it dragged out the war. Iran and North Korea have collaborated together in terms of building Nuclear 'Power' (WEAPONS LULZ). Iran also have been getting away with it far too long and now there's Obama he's just trying to brush it under the carpet, he has no idea what to do as he wants to be a peacemaker but won't accept their 'nuclear' situation either. Iran has also began launching satellites and brings the majority of weapons and rebels into Iraq. Iran also funds rebels in Syria who try to disrupt Israel. And who gives Iran (and also North Korea and Pakistan to a lesser extent) a lot of their power and weapons? Russia.

I thought of including rogue states which I know can easily lead to WW3 but I think if I did that the poll would go on forever. :P - I wanted to know who out of the major emerging powers people consider the 'rival' so to speak to the US/NATO.

Virgin Mary
05-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Nobody says they were? America is part of NATO and 'The West' though.

'Mardy' is local dialect so there's no point expressing the term on the internet and 'Mardy' basically means they get pissed off then they either runaway or become irritating. Yeah because countries can really act like that... Korea isn't even a country... Countries don't 'Start on' each other, wars aren't playground scraps... 'World Police' is a stupid term used by Kennedy which isn't true anymore, America hardly police the world, they try to police bits of it but not all of it.
It's true, it's like this:
North Korea or w.e. puts some bomb on a launch pad and makes smoke come out of it
Kim Jong: hey look we can make bombs lol!!
America: we'll intercept it ;l
Kim Jong: nO!!!!!! I'LL NUKE U IF U DO
America: Britain? we have a special relationship ;> you must fight with us

And they do start on each other, especially in the east they taunt each other by blowing stuff up and when Poland was gonna install American shields Russia was like we're gonna kill you.

Loser
05-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Are Liechenstein not considerred a threat? Because I think they'd take issue with that.

06-04-2009, 12:49 AM
If world war 3 begins, the entire world will be gone within hours because all the countries that can will shoot off theyre nuclear missiles.
But china for sure, in a cold war situation.

Myth
06-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I think China.

Jordy
06-04-2009, 01:00 AM
If world war 3 begins, the entire world will be gone within hours because all the countries that can will shoot off theyre nuclear missiles.
But china for sure, in a cold war situation.Not really, since World War II there's been various opportunities to launch nuclear weapons yet all sides have always refrained, I really don't think any country wants to use nuclear weapons until they're attacked by them. What makes you think that all nuclear countries would use them if the chance arises?

Corporal
06-04-2009, 08:38 AM
The best thing about nukes is the scare factor. Alot of treatys stop countries from using them

Laggings
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
But china for sure, in a cold war situation.

But now we have that laser that can protect us :D

06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
If a nuclear war did start then it would be 'MAD' which is MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION which basically means all of countries involved in the war would not exist within 30 minutes of the first country firing their nuclear arsenal. No country wants to use them and they are indeed a deterrent which I believe we must keep.

There have been points in the cold war where they have nearly been fired or the other side thought the other side had fired which are the closest times we have ever come to total destruction.

I just hope the Peoples Republic of China doesn't make any stupid moves considering Taiwan and so on, a very dangerous situation will arise if it does.

no waiii
06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
North Korea should be on that list

06-04-2009, 02:21 PM
North Korea should be on that list

North Korea only have an estimated 1 to 6 nuclear warheads, all of which they are uncapable of delievering any place futher than to neighbouring countries. The only country missing from the list which should be on it is Pakistan.

no waiii
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
North Korea only have an estimated 1 to 6 nuclear warheads, all of which they are uncapable of delievering any place futher than to neighbouring countries. The only country missing from the list which should be on it is Pakistan.

they lied about there rocket going into space when it didn't, they could be lieing about the number of warheads they have :P

Technologic
06-04-2009, 04:30 PM
none, North Korea is the largest threat atm.

06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
they lied about there rocket going into space when it didn't, they could be lieing about the number of warheads they have :P

They didn't tell us how many they have, the CIA and other services have made an educated estimate of how many warheads they have, by looking at the type of reactor North Korea have, what its output is, what quality the materials coming from it are - and with all that they came to 1 to 6.

As to above, the only threat from the North Korea crisis to us is the fact that if North Korea used nuclear weapons on the south/declared war on the south then we would get involved, and the threat from that is what the Peoples Republic of China would react like in them circumstances, would they allow NATO forces & South Korean forces to eliminate the buffer which is North Korea and allow western forces on the border with PROC, or would they send troops in like they did in the Korean War? - it would result in a very tense stand off between NATO and the PROC.

North Korea itself is not a threat the us/the west, the threat is what would arise from a possible conflict in Korea.

Rixion
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I think China.

Laggings
06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I think Japan. I mean look what happened, they poisoned out food and killed our pets in America.

Virgin Mary
06-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I think Japan. I mean look what happened, they poisoned out food and killed our pets in America.
Probably because an atom bomb got dropped on them.

ToxicPaddy
06-04-2009, 07:13 PM
North Korea. Simply because they're undemocratic, and do provoking actions such as their recent rocket launch. If not them, then I reckon Russia.

no waiii
06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
They didn't tell us how many they have, the CIA and other services have made an educated estimate of how many warheads they have, by looking at the type of reactor North Korea have, what its output is, what quality the materials coming from it are - and with all that they came to 1 to 6.

As to above, the only threat from the North Korea crisis to us is the fact that if North Korea used nuclear weapons on the south/declared war on the south then we would get involved, and the threat from that is what the Peoples Republic of China would react like in them circumstances, would they allow NATO forces & South Korean forces to eliminate the buffer which is North Korea and allow western forces on the border with PROC, or would they send troops in like they did in the Korean War? - it would result in a very tense stand off between NATO and the PROC.

North Korea itself is not a threat the us/the west, the threat is what would arise from a possible conflict in Korea.

They why os USA/Other Countrys worying about them with there "rocket testing" if they cant do much harm?

Loser
06-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Why is this still being argued? Everyone knows that the sheep-human (shuman) cross breeds of Wales are the most powerful race known to man.
Edited by PaulMacC (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
They why os USA/Other Countrys worying about them with there "rocket testing" if they cant do much harm?

Due to important US allies such as Japan and South Korea being in range and due to the fact that practice makes perfect, and we don't want North Korea to be able to make perfect nuclear missiles.

So on short they are a threat to US allies but not to our actual country/s.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!