PDA

View Full Version : Kid Cudi ft. Kanye West & Common - I Poke Her Face

Ras
05-04-2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5822820770ffb2af/
kinda like a parody of Lady Gagas poker face.. (I think it does great justice, as I really dont like what Lady Gaga makes - but thats not relevant)
Its brand new - theres no youtube vid yet.. So you'll have to download..
Its great!

TopManTim
05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
seriously wth.

It sounds like they just put a beat and some vocals over GaGa?

This is AWFUL if it's official, are you sure this isn't fan made?

Edit: and how can GaGa not be credited in this? I really think this is fan made tbh.

Edit 2: Oh it's on kanyes blog.

bo$$
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
That's a pretty sick song.

Kipp
05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Awesome song.

Jord
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ9pl4sKC3c

Utube link

Its quite good :P

Hazza
05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Its rubbish.

Slowpoke
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't really like it but it will most likely do well in the charts because of the GaGa hook. If GaGa has condoned this then it's a very clever...

Ras
06-04-2009, 02:00 AM
I don't really like it but it will most likely do well in the charts because of the GaGa hook.
not at all.. a mix of the 3 greatest artists in g.o.o.d music will alone give it ALOT popularity. I know that most people impressed by what kid cudi has made in his short time in the business, hates what lady gaga makes.
I see this as a parody of gagas (******) work..
cudder taking over!

Slowpoke
06-04-2009, 11:29 AM
not at all.. a mix of the 3 greatest artists in g.o.o.d music will alone give it ALOT popularity

Oh yeah, because Lady Gaga is obviously crap which is why she's had the two biggest, best-selling singles of the year thus far and one of the biggest, best-selling albums.

I know that most people impressed by what kid cudi has made in his short time in the business, hates what lady gaga makes

I'm sure.

I see this as a parody of gagas (******) work.

They pay GaGa for the rites to use her "****** work" in order to grab themselves a chart topper which is what it will probably become, but only because of the 'poker face' hook. Evidently not a parody.

Ras
06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
They didnt pay her ****.. This isnt a official single release - if it was kanye wouldnt post a download link himself.. It wont even be on Cudis album droppin this summer.
and that first line with g.o.o.d music, its a music label.. theyre the 3 best in getting out our dreams (good)..

no offence to anyone, but i think its only kid between 8-14 that likes lady gaga.. atleast here..

TopManTim
06-04-2009, 11:58 AM
not at all.. a mix of the 3 greatest artists in g.o.o.d music will alone give it ALOT popularity.

Why don't you see that without GaGa this track would be nothing?

I know that most people impressed by what kid cudi has made in his short time in the business, hates what lady gaga makes.

How can you say most people when clearly GaGa has had more success.

I see this as a parody of gagas (******) work..

and?

They didnt pay her ****..

a) I doubt you'd know
b) then that's illegal...

Ras
06-04-2009, 12:01 PM
b) then that's illegal...
you just proved you know nothing about this.. im not even going to argue with you, when you dont know what you are talking about.

TopManTim
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Unless Lady GaGa/Management gave them the creative license to do what they want to with their original composition then laws are being bent/broken.

No matter how much you mangle an existing song, the original writers own the copyright.

Ras
06-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Unless Lady GaGa/Management gave them the creative license to do what they want to with their original composition then laws are being bent/broken.

No matter how much you mangle an existing song, the original writers own the copyright.
Have you ever heard of this thing called a mixtape? Its something many artists make.. They take beats/samples from songs, without paying, and then uses their own lyrics.. like in this song.
Its a cheap way of showing what youre made of, instead of paying loads of cash, to get a real cd published.

TopManTim
06-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Have you ever heard of this thing called a mixtape? Its something many artists make.. They take beats/samples from songs, without paying, and then uses their own lyrics.. like in this song.
Its a cheap way of showing what youre made of, instead of paying loads of cash, to get a real cd published.

You originally made this out to be a new single not just some random shiz.

anyway...

im not even going to argue with you

Slowpoke
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM

They still must get permission to use the sample, especially since it was posted on his official website. I guarantee they had to pay some royalties to GaGa and this probably will get released and probably will achieve moderate chart success due to the hook.

no offence to anyone, but i think its only kid between 8-14 that likes lady gaga.. atleast here..

What a narrow-minded view; "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" have sold over ten million copies between them (making them the best selling singles of the year thus far) and I'll bet my life that the majority of buyers aren't eight to fourteen year olds. Fair enough, you don't like her, but stop throwing your toys out of the pram and face facts. She has a massive fan base.

stickwitu
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
it's alright. nothing special really. fed up of that kid cudi though. kanye needs a better protege. or none at all.

don't see why everyone has to ***** fight over a song though..

Art
06-04-2009, 02:29 PM
As far as I know, Kanye is making no money from this song and it is being offered for free download from his blog. That doesnt break copyright does it? I thought it was only if you made profit from it :x

Laurensh1
06-04-2009, 02:56 PM
nominated for worst piece of music in 2009.

Liz♥
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
nominated for worst piece of music in 2009.

I second that.

This is shockingly bad.

Ras
06-04-2009, 05:22 PM
They still must get permission to use the sample, especially since it was posted on his official website. I guarantee they had to pay some royalties to GaGa and this probably will get released and probably will achieve moderate chart success due to the hook.
She aint getting NO money for this.
And it aint getting released as a single, or on any albums..
First its Cudis song - why would he let Kanye post one of his songs on Kanyes blog, if Cudi was going to make money on it? Kanye is just featuring, and looking at Kanye posting it on his blog, means it proberably wont be released.
Trust me, lady gaga wont get anything, but more popularity..

TopManTim
06-04-2009, 06:03 PM
She aint getting NO money for this.

Kanye ring you up and tell you that did he?

Ras
06-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Kanye ring you up and tell you that did he?
Youre just making a fool of yourself now.. I told you why she aint getting paid..
Why would they pay her loads of cash, when theyre not going to make any themselves? It wouldnt make sence..

TopManTim
07-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm not making a fool of myself I'm just saying how the hell would you know if they paid royalties or not.

The reason why they'd pay her has already been adressed by slowpoke.

They still must get permission to use the sample, especially since it was posted on his official website. I guarantee they had to pay some royalties to GaGa

Juelz
07-04-2009, 11:16 AM
thats proper horrible ;l

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!