PDA

View Full Version : changing broadband providers

blanky12!
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
i need to change my service provider.. I've had enught of tiscalis crap.

i need at lest 8mbps, unlimited downloads... etc..

Robbie
06-04-2009, 03:32 PM
BeThere, I sync at 20mb out of 24.

Caution
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/

don't go with bt

blanky12!
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
BeThere, I sync at 20mb out of 24.
I live in a very rurual area... and bethere isn't avliable in my area.

who should I go to? The MAX I can get is 8mbps...

blanky12!
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
oh dam it! Tiscali are pending administation

soruce:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/5071650/Carphone-Warehouse-plotting-Tiscali-bid.html

Flisker
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
www.o2.co.uk/broadband (http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband) go with the Access package it's sort of Be* :) but uses BT Wholesale.

blanky12!
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Going to go with Sky broadband connect.

Madox
06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Hmm i would say go wid virgin media but you shuldnt the put up the bill by 10 quid every month without u knowing

awelsh
06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Hmm i would say go wid virgin media but you shuldnt the put up the bill by 10 quid every month without u knowing

Dunno what crazy package your on but virgin media don't do that :S

Robbie
06-04-2009, 04:43 PM
He probably had a deal like £20 for 4 months then £30 after :P

Kyle!
06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
www.o2.co.uk/broadband (http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband) go with the Access package it's sort of Be* :) but uses BT Wholesale.

They don't use BT Wholesale, O2 bought Be*, they use Be*'s equipment.

Berch
06-04-2009, 04:55 PM

You got KO'd chris. Don't take it!

N!ck
06-04-2009, 05:02 PM

They do use BT Wholesale where their LLU service is unavailable, which is what he was talking about ;).

Recursion
06-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I already told ya i've had no problems with BT, whats wrong with BT? :S

N!ck
06-04-2009, 05:16 PM

BT and BT Wholesale are two different things.

Recursion
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
We moved to BT a few months back and I was talking to him on MSN saying BT was fine etc. but he wouldn't budge, he said they were rubbish but never gave a reason... :S

N!ck
06-04-2009, 05:20 PM
We moved to BT a few months back and I was talking to him on MSN saying BT was fine etc. but he wouldn't budge, he said they were rubbish but never gave a reason... :S

BT as in BT Total Broadband is decent (it was for us anyway) - fast reliable. It's just very overpriced and they cap BitTorrent during peak times. BT Wholesale is on a different network (it used to be anyway, i don't know if it's changed now) and is overcrowded and rubbish.

Recursion
06-04-2009, 05:26 PM
We're with BT Total Broadband. Cheaper for us as our phoneline and all is with them so we got some special package. Decent speeds, no downtime so far, I haven't had much trouble with BitTorrent but I use rapidshare more often.

I think they probably are slightly overpriced and we don't like having a dynamic IP but at least we aren't hitting a 50GB a month download limit anymore!

Caution
06-04-2009, 08:10 PM

We're with BT Total Broadband. Cheaper for us as our phoneline and all is with them so we got some special package. Decent speeds, no downtime so far, I haven't had much trouble with BitTorrent but I use rapidshare more often.

I think they probably are slightly overpriced and we don't like having a dynamic IP but at least we aren't hitting a 50GB a month download limit anymore!
What's right with them? When we first signed up the router was weeks late, they then offered us an upgrade to the Home Hub which was also late, they phoned a few months ago offering us the new black BT Home Hub if we took the new contract. It was not a Home Hub, but a phone for the Hub. Foreign call centres where you can't understand them, billing issues and more. I would never recommend anyone to go with them. The speed is about the only good thing.

Judge Judy
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I recommend Sky Broadband.

blanky12!
07-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I recommend Sky Broadband.
Thats who I am going to.

And aparently, as our exchange is really rubbish and old if we go over that 40GB limit we cannot move up to another plan so making our plan unlimited? or something i didn't understand

Recursion
07-04-2009, 07:35 AM
What's right with them? When we first signed up the router was weeks late, they then offered us an upgrade to the Home Hub which was also late, they phoned a few months ago offering us the new black BT Home Hub if we took the new contract. It was not a Home Hub, but a phone for the Hub. Foreign call centres where you can't understand them, billing issues and more. I would never recommend anyone to go with them. The speed is about the only good thing.

We got the black homehub with a phone to go with it, it came on time but we thought it was pure crap and was gunna carry on using our router as soon as we got out login details anyways.

Judge Judy
07-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Thats who I am going to.

And aparently, as our exchange is really rubbish and old if we go over that 40GB limit we cannot move up to another plan so making our plan unlimited? or something i didn't understand
Eh? I don't understand that :P
Anyway I'm on the one with 40GB limit but I don't go over it so I'm alright.

Sunny.
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Eh? I don't understand that :P
Anyway I'm on the one with 40GB limit but I don't go over it so I'm alright.

He means that with sky you get a 40GB Limit, and if you go over it they change your plan to unlimited automatically however because his area does not cover the unlimited plan he has to stay within the 40GB Limit.

Im with virgin media 10MB. Used to get crap speed but now its relli gd

Judge Judy
07-04-2009, 10:58 AM
He means that with sky you get a 40GB Limit, and if you go over it they change your plan to unlimited automatically however because his area does not cover the unlimited plan he has to stay within the 40GB Limit.

Im with virgin media 10MB. Used to get crap speed but now its relli gd

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up :)

blanky12!
08-04-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/158930d8b4611dbbt.jpg

For the last few nights and days I am seeing this more...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!