PDA

View Full Version : chaos theory

Annihillating
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Can sum1 plzzzzzzzzzzzz explain to me wot the the chaos theory iz iv looked on google asked the smartest kid in ma skl evrythin but i cant find out so now i'v resorted to the dumbest ppl i no.............u guys (no offence) hu eva can actually xplain to me wot it iz i will give a bit ov furni 2

RedStratocas
12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I think its a video game. No need to be all mad :s

Mentor
12-07-2005, 07:53 PM
You mean as in the scintific theary? I think its been discredited since its basis was on the appearnce of the univerce in a quantom level, chaos just meaning its complty random even thogh, it only appears to use do the the amasing amount of stuff going on, and the staticics envolved in it, as near immposoble things become 50/50 chances on that scale etc.

8Freak8
12-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I think Mentor is right. Although technically quantum physics is random, so I dont know how that can discredit it.

What Mentor mentioned though is kinda strange, but it is true. Basically, you might think that the chance of an elephant jumping from Africa to your house, tip toeing up your stairs, and sneezing in your face is almost impossible, but given an inifitive amount of time it will definately happen atleast once.

But that is nothing to do with the chaos theory, so dont write it down.

xJoeYx
12-07-2005, 09:59 PM
sounds like a band.

Mentor
12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I think Mentor is right. Although technically quantum physics is random, so I dont know how that can discredit it.

What Mentor mentioned though is kinda strange, but it is true. Basically, you might think that the chance of an elephant jumping from Africa to your house, tip toeing up your stairs, and sneezing in your face is almost impossible, but given an inifitive amount of time it will definately happen atleast once.

But that is nothing to do with the chaos theory, so dont write it down.
correct since athogh at quantom level the appeance of ranomness is given sligt statical problity, to the exsten it may not be noticeable at there level, means by the time it reaches the level of even an atom, the statsical probbltys that certain things will happen are so huge, its more aless immposible for them not to (baring the infaite time scale and intainte stuff to try one)

Chaos theory, in mathematics and physics, deals with the behavior of certain nonlinear dynamical systems that (under certain conditions) exhibit the phenomenon known as chaos, most famously characterised by sensitivity to initial conditions (see butterfly effect). Examples of such systems include the atmosphere, the solar system, plate tectonics, turbulent fluids, economies, and population growth.

Systems that exhibit mathematical chaos are deterministic and thus orderly in some sense; this technical use of the word chaos is at odds with common parlance, which suggests complete disorder. See the article on chaos for a discussion of the origin of the word in mythology, and other uses. When we say that chaos theory studies deterministic systems, it is necessary to mention a related field of physics called quantum chaos theory that studies non-deterministic systems following the laws of quantum mechanics.

Evrything youd ever need to know on chaos theary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!