PDA

View Full Version : [LN] Values - 07/04/2009

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Blue Pillow
3.00 - Seen Six Times (Personal)

Valentines Cauldron
2.50 - Seen Twice
On a steady decline. Popularity is dropped, and as its PDP, more are entering the hotel all the time.

Directors Chair
2T - Seen Once (Shauns Trade)

Purple Dragon
8T - Seen Once
Dont expect the value to change anytime soon.

Purple Sci-fi Gate
7.50 - Seen Twice

Childline Teleporters
6.00 - Seen Once
7.00 - Seen Once
Some people hate them... Some people love them. The ones that like them, are willing to pay above its value on occassion.

Cherry ICM
Im not going to put down all the trades I've seen, because there are loads.
Current Value is approximately 20CS.

BUT... Habbox is to blame for this. They were being traded for 12-14CS, on a regular basis. For some reason, Habbox incorrectly made them 15CS. Then, everyone thought they would continue to rise, so they became desperate to get hold of them. The people that had them, also thought they would increase, so only sold for 16CS+... In a few days, this has lead to them being traded at about 20CS, and sometimes higher.

The problem is... they werent being traded at 15CS! Sometimes there would be a trade of 15-17CS, but it was extremely rare. The huge majority were being traded at 12-14CS. Sometimes as low as 10CS. There was no reason to make them 15CS, which lead to people expecting them to rise further. Which then meant the value continued to increase.

The value now is about 20CS... But if Habbox didnt make the mistake in the first place, they would still be traded for around 12-14CS, as they were. And if you want proof, I have an exact record of 38 Cherry ICM trades in the last week.

Edited by BlackSpoons (Forum Moderator): Thread closed on request of Rare Values Department.

culturist
07-04-2009, 01:11 PM
i couldn't agree more lee ;)

-:Undertaker:-
07-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the report. :)

I have seen a massive surge for them and I haven't seen them traded for 10.0 CS in a long time. If they were easy to get for 10.0 CS then people wouldn't pay over it even if Habbox is stating that. Habbox doesn't and can't influence the values much.

Just take the two super bird baths for example which Habbox had listed at 1T + 20 CS each yet they were going for 1T + 45 CS upto 2T. If people followed Habbox to the line then values would never change. If Cherry Ice Cream Machine's were easily going for 10.0 CS then people wouldn't pay an extra 5 to 10 CS for them.

They were being traded for 12-14CS, on a regular basis. For some reason, Habbox incorrectly made them 15CS.

This doesn't make any sense at all, I know for a fact values are hardly ever this sensitive to change, it's only really ever happend with the Green Wooly Pillow, Russian Samovar and Yellow Solarium which Habbox didn't set but had to keep up with because they were rising so fast. A rise of 1 CS makes hardly any difference and did not cause a gold rush for the rare.

Before I rejoined the Department I was providing Jake with updated reports on the Yellow Solarium which was something like 5.0 CS, I saw it gradually being traded for more and more which Jake updated and now it stands at 15.0 CS, if a rise of 10 CS didn't start a massive witch hunt for these then why would a rise of 1 CS for a PDP+ rare start a massive boom for them - it didn't.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
You're wrong. Its as simple as that.

A small increase, of only on 1CS can have a huge effect on the value. Its called the domino effect. The Cherry ICM was being traded for 12-14CS. Not 14! 12 to 14. Thats a maximum of 14CS.
Somehow, the value on Habbox became 15CS BEFORE it was being traded for 15CS. It was still be traded for 12-14CS, with no sign of change. But because Habbox valued it at 15CS, people refused to sell for anything less. Everyone knows that so many people use Habbox as a rare values bible. But then the people that bought for 15CS, wanted profit, and sold for slightly more. This continued, the value gradually rose to about 20CS. People were willing to pay above its value, because they expected it to increase further.

BUT... why was it ever valued at 15CS!? When it was trading for a lower value, regularly. There was no justification for this value. The value should be based on the trades that are happening, which were 12-14CS. Not 15. So how did that value come about? Maybe someone plucked it out of the air. But there is definately NO justification for valueing it at 15CS, when it wasnt trading at that price.

Say Im wrong if you like. But after speaking to most of the Habbox RV dept. and many super rare traders... Everyone seems to agree.

If you hadnt wrongly made it 15CS, the value would still be as it was. About 12-14CS. But you incorrectly gave it a little nudge, which caused the domino effect. If you didnt give it a nudge, it would all be standing still, as it should be.

Now the current value is about 20CS... But thats ONLY due to a mistake made by Habbox.

i couldn't agree more lee ;)

Someone clearly agrees with me!

07-04-2009, 06:23 PM
What is this, I don't think in all my time of rare values have I had someone complain over a 1 CS rise in a rare.

A valuation of an extra 1.0 CS does not effect the value so that it surges in price, maybe with something like the Throne it would as it's a rare which is traded a lot, however not with a Cherry Ice Cream Machine which most people have no ambitions to attain one.

Your hyping this up, rares rise and fall. Should we all complain because the Elephant Statues have risen by 1 to 2 CS over the past few days? - No because we know they are being traded for this, just like the Cherry Ice Cream Machines were, if they were easy to attain and buy at 12.0 CS then why did I see 19.0 CS and why did I see my friends list constantly offering more, along with other reporters also reporting the rare rising.

If you hadnt wrongly made it 15CS, the value would still be as it was. About 12-14CS. But you incorrectly gave it a little nudge, which caused the domino effect. If you didnt give it a nudge, it would all be standing still, as it should be.

I hope your not accusing me there, I think the real reason for all this is either because your bitter over something or that you were planning to buy a few of the Ice Cream Machines for 12 CS and your now annoyed that they've risen so your now using Habbox as a scapegoat? - I reported one trade at 19.0 CS which I saw, I also saw people offering more on my friends list which I stated, then other rare values staff also started reporting more and so management took the decision to increase it's value by 1 CS.

The Grey Share Bear recently rose from about 29 CS to 40 CS, why are you not complaining about this?, I and others were seeing and reporting 14.0 CS - 19.0 CS and the general picture was that the rare was in growing demand, I had many on my friends list asking for them because they just couldn't get for 14.0 CS or below.

It is called supply and demand, what are you going to attack next? The fact that the Idea Agency Lava Lamp decreased by 1 CS last night?

Your obviously upset by someone or something and that is maybe why you resigned, but to cause a bitter fuss over an Ice Cream Machine rising by 1 CS, its just sad really.

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 06:34 PM
sorry but i disagree, i saw them going for 15/16hcs so it was the right move to make. This may have caused a domino effect but not because of anything the rare values department did wrong.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Not accusing you of anything, outright.
The other values changed, because they had actually changed in value. The Cherry ICM WAS being traded below 15CS regularly. You are the only person Ive spoken to, who saw it traded for more. Until it was increased to 15CS. So then the value started to rise. But there is absolutely no justification for increasing the value to 15CS. I was in the RV threads, and nobody reported seeing it traded for more, except you! And you reported seeing it once!

How can that possibly warrant increasing the value! When everyone else posted seeing trades around the its current value. Which was about 12CS atm.
I dont care that the value changed. But I care that there was no reason to change it. And that it has caused a huge change, because a small increase manages to change peoples mindset. And atm, it is in HUGE demand, like the throne. Because people think it will continue to rise. Which it wont, because its PDP, and more will enter the hotel.

As for my reason for this. I actually sold one for 5CS profit. But Ive always had a passion for rare values. And I hate to see them wrongly tampered with. There was no reason to change the value, but it happened. I want to know why! Coz you saw one trade!? Or your friends saw trades!? But no-one else in the RV dept. did.
And being bitter about leaving? LMAO! I chose to leave, because of this exact situation. Something is seriously wrong with some values. This one in particular. And WHEN people work it out, which they will. I dont want to be associated with it.

07-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Not accusing you of anything, outright.
The other values changed, because they had actually changed in value. The Cherry ICM WAS being traded below 15CS regularly. You are the only person Ive spoken to, who saw it traded for more. Until it was increased to 15CS. So then the value started to rise. But there is absolutely no justification for increasing the value to 15CS. I was in the RV threads, and nobody reported seeing it traded for more, except you! And you reported seeing it once!

How can that possibly warrant increasing the value! When everyone else posted seeing trades around the its current value. Which was about 12CS atm.
I dont care that the value changed. But I care that there was no reason to change it. And that it has caused a huge change, because a small increase manages to change peoples mindset. And atm, it is in HUGE demand, like the throne. Because people think it will continue to rise. Which it wont, because its PDP, and more will enter the hotel.

As for my reason for this. I actually sold one for 5CS profit. But Ive always had a passion for rare values. And I hate to see them wrongly tampered with. There was no reason to change the value, but it happened. I want to know why! Coz you saw one trade!? Or your friends saw trades!? But no-one else in the RV dept. did.
And being bitter about leaving? LMAO! I chose to leave, because of this exact situation. Something is seriously wrong with some values. This one in particular. And WHEN people work it out, which they will. I dont want to be associated with it.

Jack has just jumped in and said he saw them going for over 15.0 CS aswell, your arguement is already crumbling. May I ask whom you think is tampering with the values? - I can usually tell when rare values staff are in it for their own means as I have had to investigate reporters who were in my department and as far as I can see no one in this present department is up to no good.

Could you reveal who you think is tampering with the values please?

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Nope. I cant. And its nothing to do with you, who it is. You're not manager. If I feel the need to take it further, I will. But with Jake.

And then Jacks the only one. Ive spoken to most of the RV dept. And they all agree with me. But Im not revealing their names.

Also Jack... I checked all the rare value reports in the RV threads. You did post seeing them at that value. But it was after it was updated on Habbox, and made 15CS. Everything Habbox does has a huge impact on trading, and it didnt take long for the update to fire around the hotel, and cause the trading values to change.

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I did see it being traded regularly for huge amounts such as 30/32hcs (this was one person buying lots and im unsure why he was paying so much) this was just after the rise to 15hcs. I have seen them traded for 14/15hcs before the increase to 15hcs but not regularly at all. I do think it was the right decision to increase the value but maybe not in one big jump from 12hc to 15 hcs, maybe it should have increased slower because they were still being sold at the lower prices aswell. Maybe it was the wrong decision to make it increase such a big amount in one go. The reason it increased like this was because of someone mentioning it in the 'Inaccurate values thread' and several other members of the rare values department backing it up.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 07:14 PM
And several were saying it shouldnt be increased.
It started high. Dropped, and dropped until it hit about 9 to 12CS. And ended up levelling out at 12-14CS. And it was valued at 12CS, based on peoples reports.
It then got reported that one person (you i think), who saw it for about 14/15. And Undertaker saw it at 19, with two others offering 18 for it. But you even said, that you thought that was a one off, and it isnt really that high. And its about right as it is.

But BAM! Up it goes, from 12 to 15. And now its caused a chain reaction, which has increased it further.

Like I said originally. I have 38 trades, all recorded. Over a week. From two days before it went to 15CS. And I saw not one trade of over 15CS. I only saw two trades that were 14. So how could it possible justify an increase of 3HC!?

Unless someone is gaining from it personally. Or thinks that it WILL be worth that much, and therefore increased it on a prediction. Not a fact. Which is wrong!

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 07:18 PM
yeah i've just looked back and i didnt see them being traded for the higher amounts until just after the increase to 15hcs, (appart from the odd one) I still think it should have increase slightly, maybe to 13hc and then see where it went from there because they were selling for slightly more sometimes. I dont think it should have been increased by 3hcs in one go, as i said in my last post.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Exactly what Im getting at. There was the extremely rare occassion, when someone would pay a stupid amount for it. Maybe they just didnt know its value. MAYBE someone crazy person, doesnt use Habbox values like I dont :P

It just seems that it came from nowhere, and despite what anyone says. It has lead to this huge increase. It does make people think different, and they pay more, expecting it to increase and sell for even more. And some people might now lose out, hugely, because they arent experienced traders.

My point was, and still is. It wasnt being traded at 15CS regularly. Only on a rare occassion. So how can it possible warrant increasing the value to 15CS! It cant. Values are, and always will be based on trades that have happened. So somewhere along the line, something went wrong. Maybe wires got crossed. Maybe someone influenced this change for their personal benefit. I dont know. But it definately shouldnt have happened, and has now affected the trading of this rare, which is irreversible.

07-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I myself had seen people desperate for them when habbox had them valued at around 12.0 CS, so whoever you are aiming the blame at I can back up as I have seen a steady increase in demand for them before they were updated on Habbox and then I saw the 19.0 CS auction, which I then proceeded to raise concern over and it was discussed and updated.

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah i think it should have increased slowly, which would have meant this wouldnt have happened. It was only after one person said that it needed changing then another saying 15hc MAX that Jake 'updated' the rare.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeh 15HC MAX! coz thats what it was trading for at a maximum, excluding the rare occassion.

And Undertaker, so like i said. YOU see a few trades. They go up! Hmm. No-one else actually backed this up. Most people said it was very slightly higher than what it was already valued at. Yet you claim to see several trades about 6 or 7 HCs higher. Funny that.

07-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh so it is aimed at me!, well no worries as I have just PM'd management. I raised alert over the rare being possibly underpriced and so it was discussed, Jake took the decision to update it with consultation with other staff members in that thread.

I do claim to of seen 6/7 CS higher because I saw it in a full room in which an auction took place. The past few days before that I had noticed increased demand for them, so when I saw the 19 CS trade I took the decision to let it be discussed in the inaccurate valueas thread, which is the point of the thread.

Rare Values Management have been notified so don't worry, but i'm not going to reply to this any futher as I know where it has led in the past.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Lol. I know RV management have been notified. Shame several people got in their before you did.

elcarz
07-04-2009, 07:52 PM
People need to start understand, habbox rare value isn't a GURU TRADER HANDBOOK

Cherry icm is a very accepted super rare, probably all habbo want to have 1.

In my personal opinion cherry icm is undervalued in habbox.

Today screen:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4913/cherrytoday.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cherrytoday.jpg)

*That isnt a report*

On that super people is paying 25-30-35-37 hc now

Just an opinion & sorry 4 my bad english :)

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I know it isnt. But people do treat it as like the trading bible. And some people know that, and use it to their advantage.

And I am now well aware that the value has increased hugely. But it wasnt that high before. It changed AFTER Habbox adjusted the value. It was trading very regularly at 12-14CS. Habbox changed it to 15CS, and everyone goes nuts. Coz people trust Habbox and are now expecting it to increase a lot. So they wont sell them. Which means people offer more. BUT, as I said. It wasnt trading anywhere near this high, before Habbox altered the value. Its now irreversible. But Habbox were the cause of the huge increase in value. Like it or not.

They didnt record its value. They caused it.

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 08:09 PM
ive seen it go for loads in the last half an hour...
Naffa is the same person as above, saw someone offering 45hcs per earlier, someone else offering 38hcs. and now this guy offering the new habbox value of 20hcs
http://uploadpicz.com/images/GCJNWEC.jpg

07-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Naffa I personally don't believe is offering that, or is so she can influence the value. She/he seems to know me and Mr-Trainor so I would not take much notice at the moment.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Like I said. I know its going for a very high value know. But I also said...

Habbox didnt report the correct value. They caused a new one. Which is wrong. If it wasnt WRONGLY increased to 15CS, it wouldnt be traded for 20-35CS now. Simple as that. But I bet someone is over the moon, and make a fortune off of this.

culturist
07-04-2009, 08:18 PM
i have seen many people offering that today, and actually confirming the deal :P
and undertaker, everyone is entitled to an opinion, the past is the past, let's get over it!

if you had an opinion, you wouldn't expecting people to be flaming you, would you? :S

07-04-2009, 08:25 PM
No, but the way this is being worded seems to be that I have some secret stash of these rares and i'm making a bomb off them which is total nonsense. I never would dream of paying more than 5.0 CS for a Cherry Ice Cream Machine and I agree even at 12.0 CS they are overpriced, but as a rare values reporter its not my job to not report values of rares which I don't believe are correct, I report what I see.

The fact is, on my friends list I had seen many people wanting these, and a few days later I saw one trade of 19.0 CS which was reported and was up to management and the rest of the department to discuss, which management later concluded a value of 15.0 CS on advice from Mr-Trainor aswell.

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I know he IS offering that, he did it with someone else and they were really happy, he went up to that price because there were a few other people selling for that amount in that same room. Mr-Trainer was also in that room earlier on but unsure if he was there to see the trade. I thnk the icm is NOW underpriced but wasnt before. I dont particularly like this rare but its going mad at the moment and i think is going to keep rising for a while until everyone comes back to reality and it plumits to a very low value

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I could say something in response. But it aint necessary. Like I said... I saw lots of trades before the value went up. And I also saw WHO bought them.

I also never said anything about you in particular. I just said, that this value was WRONGLY increased. But you beg to differ, even though you just said 12CS was too high. Make up your mind.

Something is hugely suspicious about this rare value. And Im going to find out what and why.

culturist
07-04-2009, 08:36 PM
right anyway, let's get over this now! :)

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 08:38 PM
atm i dont know who to agree with, the team is split - well the people who have chosen to get involved anyway. Ill find out the name of the person who's being buying them for 30-40hcs per, he is always sending out invites. Personally, i think we should just stop having this big debate because, as lee said, its irreversible and we cant change it back. Something went wrong somewhere and it doesnt normally happen but life goes on...

Some people will make a loss and some people will make a profit, the risks work out for some and arent so great for others. This is what happens with every trade

EDIT: WHAT SHAUN SAID!!

07-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I could say something in response. But it aint necessary. Like I said... I saw lots of trades before the value went up. And I also saw WHO bought them.

I also never said anything about you in particular. I just said, that this value was WRONGLY increased. But you beg to differ, even though you just said 12CS was too high. Make up your mind.

Something is hugely suspicious about this rare value. And Im going to find out what and why.

Well if you are not blaming me then I apoligise. :)

I said for a PDP+ rare it is too high in my opinion for what it is, but that is different from what I was witnessing which was an increased demand and offers of people to pay more than 12.0 CS. I then did my job when I saw 19.0 CS and alerted management who a HRVR then agreed with them generally going for more and advised 15.0 CS, management then took the decision to make them 15.0 CS.

I believe the crucial point was the rise from 15.0 CS up to 20.0 CS, but as said above management will surely look into all of this. :)

JACKTARD
07-04-2009, 08:47 PM
netaxes wants our opinions in the rare values only subforum.

Lee.Norman
07-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I disagree. The crucial point was wen it went from 12 to 15. Because that lead to everyone believing they will continue to rise, which has now happenned. If it went from 12 to 12.5... no-one would have really noticed. It is trading high now, so 20CS is spot on. Im sure it will drop again soon, as its PDP. We know that, because we have the experience and knowledge. But some people dont, and they use Habbox to guide them. And we have mislead them, and WE (inc. me) caused it to increase rapidly. Even though I said it shouldnt have... I probably could have done more to stop it.

It is now irreversible. But it needs to be looked at. If anything, just to ensure it never happens again. Because Ive actually been spoken to by 7 ppl, accusing Habbox of rigging. Simply because I made 5CS on my Cherry ICM. Which is why I left. I dont want that reputation. And I didnt want it to increase. Because it wasnt needed. Now, I can make it clear that its nothing to do with me, as Ive left.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!