PDA

View Full Version : BTEC For subjects.

Smarteh.
07-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok last year i chose

BTEC Business
BTEC Science

Now i regret taking these as BTEC is all coursework and no exams. I was thinking did i pick the wrong thing or am i correct. I'd like to hear what you think. Ta Jord

N!ck
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, you picked the wrong things.

Zak
07-04-2009, 05:35 PM
yeah i did the BTEC National Diploma in Computing at A level, best thing I ever did.

All A level courses are not too hard..

AlexOC
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm not doing BTEC, the single GCSE is more valuable to colleges than BTEC.

I'm taking the IT Diploma though, 7GCSEs A*-C

DMan1
09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I did the BEC ICT for GCSE and we have finished the course and I got the highest grade which is equivalent to 4 A* GCSES so I only need a C to get into Sixth Form. BTEC ICT is the easiest however I have heard BTEC Business is really harrd.

Grig
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Problem with BTEC is that it is viewed as a 'lower alternative' to A level and thus are not that recognised by tertiary institutions. Some people by nature can't do exams, that's what it was created for, an alternate path. However, as echoed earlier it just doesn't live up to the recognition status.

:oRach
13-04-2009, 03:43 PM
The problem was for me i didnt know what BTEC was. I got advised to take it i was like hmm must be the higher form of science. Then the year im studying it (this year) im in a group full of people that are like :eusa_wall
Then i started regretting.

omgDAN!
15-04-2009, 11:01 PM
If you do a Level 3 (higher) BTEC, then it should be viewed as 3 A-Levels. Some Higher Education institutions prefer them because it shows you have expertise in a certain field (and you get your results before A-Level ;D), but some don't because you've only studied one thing.

Dan2nd
16-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Well I took a BETEC in IT for exactly the reason said above because I suck in exams, I am really good when doing practical work but when it comes to revising or sitting in an exam I just can't do it lol.. obviously I wouldn't suggest taking a BTEC if you get really good GCSE grades and am capable of doing well in A-Level

paul4wolves
16-04-2009, 11:28 AM
A levels look better on your CV that BTEC's

PaperFruits
27-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Yea i picked BTEC science and i dont regret it as im working at my ability not higher.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!