PDA

View Full Version : Habbo "world's biggest virtual world"?

FiiR3
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I Haven't been on habbo for a while and came on today to notice their new front page which states "Join us in Habbo, world's biggest virtual world".

Surely they are either living in the past or deluded, the amount of users that are active daily on all of their websites joined together fail big time in comparison to websites like SecondLife, WoW and GaiaOnline which still rapidly increase by every quarter.

Habbo was the second most popular virtual world around 2 years ago, just behind WoW but you never hear of Habbo winning awards anymore (Unlike VW's such as SecondLife who are constantly picking up awards) and the range of VW/MMOs out right now is massive, all of which boast a big amount of users.

GaiaOnline had the world's largest forum on the internet up untill very recently when '2chan(nel)' topped it and now hold one of the most popular MMO Games on it's website among it's existing forum and the actual virtual world clients.

I'm not talking about how many people have registered to the websites, i mean active regular users/subscribers who actually continue to use the website.

btw - i'm not "having a go" at Habbo for stating it, because it's just common for a brand to state they are the biggest/best etc even if it most likely false advertisement.

I've always tried to support Habbo as an 01'er but i doubt Habbo keeps up with all the new stuff their rivals bring out, nevermind beating them.

- Does anyone think Habbo are way behind on the battle of Virtual Worlds/MMOs and lost the war a long time ago?

- Does anyone agree with them on their statement?

This is just a light debate, so don't cry or see this is an opportunity to rant about Habbo.

Jordy
08-04-2009, 03:18 PM
This statement baffled me as well however I expect it just comes down to the sheer amount of Habbo's. Combine all the Habbo's from every hotel and I reckon you could probably beat the likes of WoW and SecondLife in terms of members but yeah active members is a completely different story, and not to mention Habbo has been running far longer.

Ardemax
08-04-2009, 03:32 PM
combine all da habbos togeva and it makes a lot of people

and yes habbo does pick up awards
and its more popular than wow i think

FiiR3
09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
It Seriously isn't more popular than WoW, combine all the active members on all the hotels and you still don't get as many.. let's face it, most of the hotels hardly have enough active members to boast about.

Virgin Mary
09-04-2009, 09:09 AM
http://gigaom.com/2008/06/26/warcraft-no-longer-worlds-biggest-mmo/
That was back in 2008 so habbo probably surpassed it since.

Accipiter
09-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Habbo has i think 40 million register accounts over all hotels, Which means about 80 million rooms, gaia online is boring and is barely a socialable world when everyone wants to **** each other on their.

By virtual world they most probaly mean either largest ammount of users, largest ammount of objects or largest ammount of rooms.

Blinger1
09-04-2009, 11:03 AM
It would easily be the largest, imagine how many clones and stuff have been made..

BeanEgg
09-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Habbo has i think 40 million register accounts over all hotels, Which means about 80 million rooms, gaia online is boring and is barely a socialable world when everyone wants to **** each other on their.

By virtual world they most probaly mean either largest ammount of users, largest ammount of objects or largest ammount of rooms.
I thought there was 120+ million user accounts?

But yes, in terms of users Habbo has the most.

FiiR3
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
This isn't about the most created accounts, created accounts count for next to nothing due to the majority of them aren't used or are clones. It's about people who continue to use the websites daily.

So unsociable that it holds the second (previously the largest) largest forum in the world?

I Laughed at you stating the following: "gaia online is boring and is barely a sociable world when everyone wants to **** each other on their" Because Habbo isn't like that at all? amirite? :eusa_clap

Accipiter
09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Its less like that than gaia online.

FiiR3
09-04-2009, 01:06 PM
I Would say it's pretty much the same as far as cyber is concerned on both Gaia's "town/home" feature and Habbo, cyber is a big issue on every virtual world and chatroom on the net.

Frisky
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought SecondLife was like.... mahoosive... is it not?

Ardemax
09-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I thought SecondLife was like.... mahoosive... is it not?

not in comparison with other things

Virgin Mary
10-04-2009, 09:54 AM
This isn't about the most created accounts, created accounts count for next to nothing due to the majority of them aren't used or are clones. It's about people who continue to use the websites daily.

So unsociable that it holds the second (previously the largest) largest forum in the world?

I Laughed at you stating the following: "gaia online is boring and is barely a sociable world when everyone wants to **** each other on their" Because Habbo isn't like that at all? amirite? :eusa_clap
It said habbo had 9.5 million active users making it second to WOW's 10 million but they expected to overtake them within a month.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!