PDA

View Full Version : New Layout

Blob
08-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, everyone here is making good layouts at the moment, so I thought I would put an end to the streak.

Sorry for the timetable quality, I copied it off my browser on off a little script I'm making.

Rate, CC, etc...
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/39471996b99ae51Froobe.png
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/39471996b99ae51Froobe.png

Thanks

By the way, anyone got some good ideas for the nav please :(

Wouter
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
It's all really bland, apart from the logo. Could try to fix it up with some nice gradients, but sorry to say some bits look like a paint job. For the nav use some simple rectangle buttons, or plain text?

Blob
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
It's all really bland, apart from the logo. Could try to fix it up with some nice gradients, but sorry to say some bits look like a paint job. For the nav use some simple rectangle buttons, or plain text?

Thanks for posting,

do you like the logo?

and thanks for your idea :)

Wouter
08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I like the logo, maybe ease back the reflection a bit and np. I haven't spoke to you since Yebmag lol.

Blob
08-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I like the logo, maybe ease back the reflection a bit and np. I haven't spoke to you since Yebmag lol.

:O

Thats you :O

WOW

Talk to me on msn :)

And thanks.

hamheyelliot
08-04-2009, 06:04 PM
See if you can set this up in a navigation: http://www.phatfusion.net/imagemenu/

l3etrayed
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Tis alright, just the colours all seem to be harsh against each other. Try softer shades of outlines until you get a contrast which is easy on the eye. Try vertically centering the text in the top right to make everything more even. Text in the navigation is too big and rotated text is never good for usability. I also think the tabs are too rounded... again with the colour, don't use black outlines instead try a lighter shade.

Just a few thoughts! Looking forward to seeing an updated attempt

Wouter
08-04-2009, 06:55 PM
:O

Thats you :O

WOW

Talk to me on msn :)

And thanks.

Lol! Sort of lost it.
PM me with it <3.

Kipp
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
It looks all right.

Blob
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Tis alright, just the colours all seem to be harsh against each other. Try softer shades of outlines until you get a contrast which is easy on the eye. Try vertically centering the text in the top right to make everything more even. Text in the navigation is too big and rotated text is never good for usability. I also think the tabs are too rounded... again with the colour, don't use black outlines instead try a lighter shade.

Just a few thoughts! Looking forward to seeing an updated attempt

It was inspired by your template, but no where as good! I actually love your template, are you selling? :P

l3etrayed
08-04-2009, 07:15 PM

It was inspired by your template, but no where as good! I actually love your template, are you selling? :P

If you are refering to my APPsquared layout then sadly I am not. I'm using it for that project... However I'm working on another "admin panel UI" and am about to post what I have so far into the design section of this forum so you can check that out in a moment!

Meti
08-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't like it alot. The logo is nice though.

Blob
09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't like it alot. The logo is nice though.

Thanks

Looking back at it i dont like it either
lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!