PDA

View Full Version : Morons Reunite

Jordy
09-04-2009, 12:35 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7990927.stm

Four ecstasy pills have been found inside a computer game bought at a High Street store.
Richard Thornhill, 34, found the drugs under the front cover of X-Box game Grand Theft Auto IV, which he bought from Gamestation in Cheltenham.
Mr Thornhill said: "What made me feel the most distraught was the fact we let our 12-year-old play the game."
A spokesman for Gamestation said the company has launched an investigation and was assisting a police inquiry.
But the Thornhills claim Gamestation's initial response was to tell them to "flush the drugs down the toilet".
Mr Thornhill said he bought a second hand, or pre-owned, copy of the 18-certificate game before making the discovery last Sunday.
'Felt sick'
He said: "I was going to put it away and I felt a lump on the front cover.
"Inside the instruction booklet was a ball of Shrinkwrap, or Clingfilm. I thought it was just a ball of clingfilm, but then I realised there were tablets inside. I instantly felt sick.
"They had Mitsubishi signs on them, which I recalled meant they were ecstasy pills. I wasn't 100% sure though, so I checked online and sure enough I was right - it was ecstasy."
His wife, Lesley, contacted Gamestation's area manager whom she claimed invited her to hand the drugs over to the company so they could destroy them.
But the couple contacted Gloucestershire Police and officers collected the pills.
A Gamestation spokesman said: "We have rigorous procedures for accepting pre-owned titles and checking them before they are put back on sale.
"We have launched an investigation and will work closely with Cheltenham police to find out what happened."Okay where do I get started on this news article, I'm afraid this piece of news is worth a bit of ranting.

He's bought an 18 game (Grand Theft Auto IV) and then gave it to his 12 year old son, which you don't admit to the news, there's the first problem. He then complains that the ecstasy found in the pre-owned game is awful as he gave it to his 12 year old son, in the eyes of the law he shouldn't of done that in the first place. He has the cheek to report gamestation to the media for this yet the hypocrite is giving it to a 12 year old son which obviously doesn't look good, most 12 year old boys wouldn't eat a random white tablet anyway, it's common sense so there's not much need to fuss over him.

He also bought the pre-owned game for £25, why? You can buy it brand new for £20 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-Xbox-360/dp/B000FNDYWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239237147&sr=8-1), buying it brand new and saving a fiver could of stopped the whole ecstasy situation...

And it also amazes me that Gamestation didn't even check the game, must be pretty obvious to see something like that in the case. Really makes you wonder what you're buying when you're buying pre-owned if they haven't even spotted ecstasy in it.

PaulMacC
09-04-2009, 12:52 AM
This was on ScrewAttack's hard news. They were saying how he was buying the game for his 12 year old son and it was GTA IV which was 18, my mum always buys 18 games for me. Dont see whats the fuss.

lew!
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah. You shouldn't tell it to the news though although everybody does it tbh. Also, previously when I have traded games in etc they check to make sure the CD works and if there is a booklet in the case but they didn't actually check mine to see what's in it. I could of put a note between the pages or something, however a 'lump' should stick out.

Minstrels
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
The ratings are a guideline for the parents, they're in place to give a parent an idea on what the ratings company believe your child should be allowed to play. Shops wont sell you 18 rated games unless you're 18 however nothing is stopping the parent to buy it for the child.

Anyway...

he bought from Gamestation in Cheltenham.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45647000/jpg/_45647783_007147519-1.jpg

lolol United kit.

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2009, 01:11 AM
They both look like druggies lool

Bun
09-04-2009, 07:38 AM
lol if it was his son's stash.

Jahova
09-04-2009, 08:10 AM
They both look like druggies lool
Lol, plus the man looks like the GTA guy when he's like 50. No joke.

Robbie
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Ugh, they said 'X-box' :@

Jord
09-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Lol hes just getting gta now

GoldenMerc
11-04-2009, 10:05 PM
what a rip of £25 for 4 e tablets when there £2 wot a skam

Yoshimitsui
11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Lots of children play games that are stated to have content too old for them. It is the companies covering themselves by law that it has to be bought by an adult.

He was giving the game for his son to play... so what? How many others do it do you think? The fact it had drugs in it in the first place is disturbing despite who has bought the game and who is going to play it.

Caution
11-04-2009, 10:21 PM
The ratings are a guideline for the parents, they're in place to give a parent an idea on what the ratings company believe your child should be allowed to play. Shops wont sell you 18 rated games unless you're 18 however nothing is stopping the parent to buy it for the child.

Anyway...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45647000/jpg/_45647783_007147519-1.jpg

lolol United kit.

lol gormless junkies.

Roboevil
12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
[URL]
He also bought the pre-owned game for £25, why? You can buy it brand new for £20 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-Xbox-360/dp/B000FNDYWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239237147&sr=8-1), buying it brand new and saving a fiver could of stopped the whole ecstasy situation...

You're absolutely right, why should GameStation take the blame when he could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else?!

Ardemax
12-04-2009, 07:42 PM
"Attention shoppers, for every GTA game you buy within the next hour, you will receive some of the good stuff inside the instruction manual, happy shopping"

I'm not suprised they're angry, you could get like 5x the amount for the price.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!