PDA

View Full Version : FFX Help? [oldskool, I know but hey!]

Rinsed
09-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Yeah, so.
Stuck on FFX, once again. And this time there's no way out, not that I can see anyway.

So, finally get to Zanarkand. Only I've got Lady Yunalesca hating on me and zombieing me every 10minutes. What do I do?? I've tried going back and filling the sphere grid a bit more but that's not helped. I've got none of the stupid Ultimate weapons coz I didn't know about them til I got here [lol, noob that I am.] Basically I'm thinking of burning the game and going back to Spyro -_-;

So yeah, what I'd really like are some skills/spells that might help kill this.. lovely lady.

Cheers.

Chaos
09-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Try using that game faq site i think thats the site with walkthroughs

Rinsed
09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Tried that but wasn't much help. They're more general, was hoping for.. i dunno, personal tips? Based around my characters rather than what skills/magic they should have by now.

Rinsed
10-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Anyone? =[

Angel-Light
10-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Try getting/making equipment that has anti-zombie ability on it. I know some people have managed to defeat her using Rikku but I don't know how :S

FlyingJesus
10-04-2009, 05:46 PM
If you haven't got the skills to beat her easily just by force and have no anti-zombie armours (ribbon is obviously the best but extremely hard to get) then you really really really need at least one person who can cast auto-life, because you will have no chance to heal under zombie. I found her quite easy to beat myself, so it may just be that you haven't trained up nearly enough - either that or you're sorely lacking in a "break damage limit" weapon.

The 2nd form is the one that uses zombie if I recall right, and has about double the HP of the 1st, so shouldn't be too tricky as long as you can hit high and hit fast. If you can't beat this form then it really does look like you just need to train up more.

Word of warning though, keep an eye on the 2nd form's HP. As soon as you kill it she comes back in the final form and casts "mega death", which as the name implies kills everything. If you get close to killing her, summon an aeon to take the damage instead. 3rd form goes down quite quickly to an aeon so just keep summoning if she does manage to kill the one you set out already.

Of course, you could just keep using holy water...

Rinsed
10-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok, I have no anti-zombie armour/weapons so I'm guessing I'm gonna have to go back a few areas and keep training myself up..snore! Unless, are there any spells that could get rid of zombie? Auto-whatever? If not.. What spells are good against her? I know Cure/Cura/Curaga are good against zombies, but they just seem to heal Yunalesca which annoys me. Anything else I can use?

Auto-Life is a strong possiblility, only got a few more levels left til I reach that.. What about double-cast? I can't get that, got all the lvl4 keyspheres, but have no lvl3s.. Is double-cast any good? I'm guessing by the name that it allows me to cast spells twice, but as I said, thats just a guess.

Thanks for the warning about Mega-Death btw, if I'd gotten that far and died I would be seriously annoyed lol.. +rep for you :)

Rinsed
11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
No one else have any tips? :(

Suck
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Hit faster? ;)

FlyingJesus
12-04-2009, 03:32 AM
ok am LITTLE gone here so bare with me lol.... auto life is a genius move if you can afford the mp ok and you can use holy water (item)) to cure zombie if not and stuff i find double cast useless because my strengthi s much higher than magic so quick hit is more useful and yeah if you dont have auto phoenix armours definitely get auto life before the fight and use plenty of aeons!

FlyingJesus
12-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow I made sort of half sense there, not quite sure how I pulled that one off :P

One thing to note when training, do you know the massive AP trick? You can get slvl 99 in one battle with it so it's fairly useful really. Basically you need a weapon with "overdrive > AP" on it for each character you want to train (having "triple overdrive" and "triple AP" also boost it massively of course) and set someone's overdrive status to stoic (best to use Tidus at your point probably, but whoever you think has killed the most monsters), and everyone elses to comrade. Then at the Calm Lands arena call up a tonberry and hit it with the stoic guy, forcing it to use karma on you for potentially inhuman damage if you spend some time killing a load of weak creatures first, which will give you a hell of a lot of AP if you have the right weapon.

Of note, when you do beat Yunalesca check all the chests and stuff around the area because there's one part of Tidus' ultimate weapon there and if you miss it the first time you will have a VERY hard time getting to it later in the game ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!