PDA

View Full Version : I hate Bank Holidays

William93
11-04-2009, 02:32 PM
On Tuesday I ordered a new hard drive for my laptop off eBay and paid 2nd class post for it. I had hoped it would turn up yesterday, but it was then I didn't realise Good Friday is considered a bank holiday. So I was like "Ok, tomorrow then." Still hasn't turned up. I believe this was because nothing was moving in the post office yesterday. Now I won't get the dam thing until at least Tuesday because everyone is having Monday off as well. What the *Removed*

There's people out there who would LOVE to work because they're now unemployed due to the bad economy and whatnot, and here we are having days off because of some religion which I bet most of us don't even go by. I admit, I do celebrate Easter and Christmas, but I'm certainetly not as religious as some.

I'm a student, so maybe when I am in full time work, I'll happily want to kill Jesus again so there's another Easter weekend sometime later in the year. But not right now, as I've been wanting this stupid thing since earlier this week. What a rubbish system.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

VelvetClover
11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
There's people out there who would LOVE to work because they're now unemployed due to the bad economy and whatnot, and here we are having days off because of some religion which I bet most of us don't even go by. I admit, I do celebrate Easter and Christmas, but I'm certainetly not as religious as some.

If you hate bank holidays so much and think they should be abolished and don't beleive we should have this religious holiday, why do you celebrate Easter and Christmas?
Besides it's only a hard drive, you'll get it on Tuesday. Chill out.

William93
11-04-2009, 03:09 PM
If you hate bank holidays so much and think they should be abolished and don't beleive we should have this religious holiday, why do you celebrate Easter and Christmas?
Besides it's only a hard drive, you'll get it on Tuesday. Chill out.

Oh come on, try and apply that to yourself. I bet you're hardly religious, but you still celebrate both Easter and Christmas.

VelvetClover
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh come on, try and apply that to yourself. I bet you're hardly religious, but you still celebrate both Easter and Christmas.

I'm actually a Christian.

William93
11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm actually a Christian.

Even so, my point about non religious people celebrating the holidays still stands.

Pazza
11-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree, i ordered godfather 2 saturday, and payed extra fiver for next day delivery. Didnt turn up thursday, yester bank holiday, weekend not business days then monday bank holiday. Going to get it on tuesday, 5 days late ;l

jameslarden
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
The seller may have not posted it yet? Or they may have posted it late?

Pazza
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM

It was from game :S

William93
11-04-2009, 04:52 PM

The seller has posted it. I'm not blaming him or anything.

:S

Corporal
11-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Yer your right there is alot of unemployed people at the moement.
So now that all commercial places are shut and schools. Those people are now more likely to go out and spend on retail. So shops will get more cash thus meaning the shop will stay open. So there will be more jobs.

Your theory has a slight flaw

Virgin Mary
11-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe when you actually have a job and aren't sitting around playing video games all day you'll realise people actually enjoy having time off.

J0SH
11-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I know how you feel, I ordered Turtle Beach x1's (Xbox gaming headset) on Thursday, payed next working day delivery so it was past 5 so I thought fair enough they'd bring it post office on Friday but Friday was bank holiday, so they probably done it today to get sent with FedEx but I won't get it till Tuesday :@

Jord
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM

hes talking to the thread maker not you lol

William93
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Maybe when you actually have a job and aren't sitting around playing video games all day you'll realise people actually enjoy having time off.

What the hell, what kind of assumption is that? I think you'll find I don't "sit around playing video games all day", I actually... you know... have a life?

Rarelime
12-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Teaches you to order on a Bank Holiday weekend then.

PriceTags
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I think I'm expecting something, but I can't remember what... Oh well, I'm sure it'll arrive on Tuesday.

You
12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
On Tuesday I ordered a new hard drive for my laptop off eBay and paid 2nd class post for it. I had hoped it would turn up yesterday, but it was then I didn't realise Good Friday is considered a bank holiday. So I was like "Ok, tomorrow then." Still hasn't turned up. I believe this was because nothing was moving in the post office yesterday. Now I won't get the dam thing until at least Tuesday because everyone is having Monday off as well. What the f**k.

I'm a student, so maybe when I am in full time work, I'll happily want to kill Jesus again so there's another Easter weekend sometime later in the year. But not right now, as I've been wanting this stupid thing since earlier this week. What a rubbish system.
shouldn't have been stingy, should have paid 1st class postage.

Pazza
12-04-2009, 03:46 PM
hes talking to the thread maker not you lol

Lmao, I had my godfather 2 thread open and this one in different tabs, got em mixed up :P

Hushie
12-04-2009, 05:34 PM
What the hell, what kind of assumption is that? I think you'll find I don't "sit around playing video games all day", I actually... you know... have a life?

Stop moaning about a hard drive then.

PoizZoNxX
12-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I ordered a hdmi cable on friday night, got dispatched saturday morning woooo

paul4wolves
12-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah I hate them too, nothing's open and everywhere is dead.

William93
12-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Teaches you to order on a Bank Holiday weekend then.

I didn't order on a bank holiday weekend? I ordered last Tuesday which, as far as I'm aware, is not part of a bank holiday weekend.

shouldn't have been stingy, should have paid 1st class postage.

I would've if I had the option, but didn't.

Stop moaning about a hard drive then.

I'm not moaning about a hard drive, I'm moaning about how bank holidays really get in the way, so please, be quiet :)

Firehorse
12-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree, i ordered godfather 2 saturday, and payed extra fiver for next day delivery. Didnt turn up thursday, yester bank holiday, weekend not business days then monday bank holiday. Going to get it on tuesday, 5 days late ;l

You know you can complain to them about that and ask for compensation wheather its a bank holiday or not. If you don't get anything then sue them. You paid for the service then its what you should get.

I do agree bank holidays can really be nasty if you're waiting for a delivery, however if you pay for next day delivery then whatever day it is it should arrive.

William93
13-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I also lol at whoever gave me minus rep with a comment saying "god you're such an idiot"

I say: **** you :)

Caution
13-04-2009, 01:01 PM
You know you can complain to them about that and ask for compensation wheather its a bank holiday or not. If you don't get anything then sue them. You paid for the service then its what you should get.

I do agree bank holidays can really be nasty if you're waiting for a delivery, however if you pay for next day delivery then whatever day it is it should arrive.
you are joking? :/

Bef
13-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Seriously? Alot of people work full time jobs and only get a few weeks holiday a year, this is a 4 day weekend. Its not that big a deal. The kids have had like 2 weeks off or something so dont u think its only fair that people in jobs should get atleast 4 days off? You cant just let the christians off, thats discrimination. And people who dont want the 4 days off can often work overtime :/ Oh yeh and i ordered a delivery from newlook on wednesday, next day delivery, and i got it thursday. If u wanted it before friday u should have offered the seller to pay more for 1st class postage!

lew!
13-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I hate it because it feels like a sunday, i hate sundays. Also, nothings open on sunday :(

Firehorse
13-04-2009, 10:19 PM
you are joking? :/

Yes I am

Hushie
13-04-2009, 11:47 PM
OH by the way. Bank holidays are paid holidays, so people wouldn't 'LOVE' to work when they get money for nothing.

Angel-Light
14-04-2009, 11:24 AM
OH by the way. Bank holidays are paid holidays, so people wouldn't 'LOVE' to work when they get money for nothing.

Especially when you work in retail you get paid much higher rate when working bank holidays sometimes :D

Dragkid
16-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Bank holidays are nice and relaxing. Plus you'll appreciate them when you're an adult and you get the days off :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!