PDA

View Full Version : Buying a online business game.

Ladygaga
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Hello,

I want to open a new site - a business themed one.

I want it to be ran online, i was thinking of a client like Habbo but running costs will be too high. So i was thinking of a webpage based one. Hopefully you're following me here.

Like http://www.tagoria.net/index

Anyone got any rough prices?

redtom
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
You could use a free script to base the game upon, but it wouldn't really be that good as 100s of other sites will properly be using the same script you would so your best bet of having a game what’s any good would be to hire someone to create you a custom script, which would cost $300 at least.

Graphics wise if you wanted graphics to the level on the site you showed us then I can't really put a price on that as every graphics designer is different depending on their portfolio, if they have work on, how many images you need and the size and detail or the images.

Fehm
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Yh i agree with redtom. The developement costs for such a big project will be huge! If your looking for a client based game, then i'd multiply the costs of a browser based game by at least 5. Using a client would mean coding Java/C#/Flash and the rest (I have no knowledge, just my idea's) and therefore more staff will be needed.

Maintaining the site and updating would again add to the costs, your looking at, at least 5-6 figures for a client based one! Browser based, probably around the £300-£500 custom built...

Good luck all the same though, maybe you should look into learning yourself! :)

Theres user log in tutorials on the forum, and i used that to develope on and build around, added security and the likes, So good luck!

Jordan,
12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Those figures above oroutragous you can proberly buy a client and server for £500-£1000 but running it wouldent be a 5-6 number figure maby 3 all you need is a server and staff

MrPinkPanther
12-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Those figures above oroutragous you can proberly buy a client and server for £500-£1000 but running it wouldent be a 5-6 number figure maby 3 all you need is a server and staff
Agreed. £300 I would say to get a full 2D top down client and maybe £500 for an isometric one.

RichardKnox
12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
For a proper browser based game like he's talking about you'd be looking at at least low £xxxx

MrPinkPanther
12-04-2009, 05:55 PM
For a proper browser based game like he's talking about you'd be looking at at least low £xxxx
I'm on about by Habbox's prices rather than going with professionals which she/he obviously couldnt afford.

Ladygaga
12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm on about by Habbox's prices rather than going with professionals which she/he obviously couldnt afford.

How can you be so sure?
I can afford all the prices given to me in this thread.

I'm looking at a game like the bebo game - Be a tycoon.

link ;http://apps.bebo.com/beatycoon/

MrPinkPanther
12-04-2009, 07:35 PM
How can you be so sure?
I can afford all the prices given to me in this thread.

I'm looking at a game like the bebo game - Be a tycoon.

link ;http://apps.bebo.com/beatycoon/
Ok, Sorry. I just assumed since most people cant :). I'd be interested in producing it anyway.

Ladygaga
12-04-2009, 08:13 PM
DW Flyduo.

I'm speaking to Calon regarding this project as ive seen his work, and liked it.

thanks.

MrPinkPanther
12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
DW Flyduo.

I'm speaking to Calon regarding this project as ive seen his work, and liked it.

thanks.
Ok, thanks anyway. Thats cool.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!