PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Plus [GUIDE]

Jordy
12-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Here's a little guide telling you about iTunes Plus, how to tell if tracks are iTunes Plus, upgrading your library to iTunes Plus and converting purchased tracks to MP3s.

iTunes Plus is a service by iTunes which only offers songs which are DRM-Free meaning that they're not protected so you can convert them to popular formats and play them with out restrictions unlike normal iTunes songs.

Since March virtually all iTunes songs are now iTunes Plus, I've so far struggled to find a song which isn't iTunes Plus. You can tell if it's iTunes Plus cause of the little '+' sign next to it in the iTunes Store.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/0292775dd1ce69a1.png

If you've purchased iTunes Songs in the past you can get nearly all of them DRM Free now, if the upgrade to DRM was free then they'll of already made the songs in your library DRM Free. Some songs however it costs to upgrade them to iTunes Plus, you can view the songs/albums which you've bought and you can pay to upgrade them by going here:

http://my.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZPersonalizer.woa/wa/upgradeMyLibraryPage

Simply pay for the upgrades if you want them and it'll quickly download them and update the songs in your library.

Despite them being DRM Free they're still in AAC format which can't be played easily outside iTunes and iPods, however it is worth noting AAC has excellent audio quality. You may want to convert them to a much more easily accessible format such as MP3.

If you wish to convert them to MP3, make sure in your preferences you rip your CDs in MP3, to do this go to Edit > Preferences > Import Settings > MP3 Encoder.

Right click the song(s) you wish to convert to MP3s and then click 'Convert to MP3', it'll take a few seconds to convert the song to MP3...
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/873775dd1ce69a92.png

It makes a duplicate of the song so remember once you've converted it you need to delete the old version of the song.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/2907475dd1ce69a3.png

Nick.
12-04-2009, 06:42 PM
All songs are now iTunes Plus so there is no need to tell people how to tell if tracks are iTunes plus. Nice guide however it does seem it but pointless :S

Jordy
12-04-2009, 06:59 PM
All songs are now iTunes Plus so there is no need to tell people how to tell if tracks are iTunes plus. Nice guide however it does seem it but pointless :SHmm it must be recent that all tracks are iTunes Plus, I bought tracks last weekend that are only just iTunes Plus but yes it's virtually.

People still need to upgrade though and can convert if they want.

Nick.
12-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Hmm it must be recent that all tracks are iTunes Plus, I bought tracks last weekend that are only just iTunes Plus but yes it's virtually.

People still need to upgrade though and can convert if they want.
7th of April they all got changed to plus, along with the new pricing that came and went, it's back to 79p for every song now.

Laurensh1
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
It's not really a Guide, since, every song is iTunes Plus... But well, some info about it is never unwanted ;)

Sixiz
12-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Whats the difference between Itunes PLus and a normal Itunes song song

Agnostic Bear
12-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Why does anyone buy songs online, it's just lining CEO's pockets, if you want to buy music that badly, order some CDs from Amazon for your collection, else just pirate it and stick it to the man.

Sixiz
12-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Why does anyone buy songs online, it's just lining CEO's pockets, if you want to buy music that badly, order some CDs from Amazon for your collection, else just pirate it and stick it to the man.

The music you buy from itunes is better quality for you're iphone, Ipod ect ( So they say..)

Agnostic Bear
12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
The music you buy from itunes is better quality for you're iphone, Ipod ect ( So they say..)

Depends where you get it from / what quality iTunes mp3 files are.

Tomm
12-04-2009, 08:09 PM
CDs are alot better quality than anything you would download from the iTunes store. The music on the CD is lossless while the stuff you download from places like iTunes is lossy. When it comes to illegal downloads you can find lossless CD rips (Normally in FLAC). As far as I am aware you can't legally buy lossless downloads (Although i'm sure someone may prove me wrong).

Nick.
12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
because it's fast and easy. i torrent most songs but independent artists/newcomers and songs which are hard to find i buy.

Greig,
13-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks very much for the guide mate. Now i can play my Itunes Plus music on my Xbox 360...I was very angry that i paid for DRM free music and it didn't work before....now i know you can convert it using Itunes i can play music on my surround sound :D

+REP

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!