PDA

View Full Version : [DEV] Habbo Fansite Panel

Trigs
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm working on a project called the Habbo Fansite Panel.

Yes, I know there are several Habbo CMS' in the works or already released however I believe mine would be easier to use and more user-friendly. The purpose of Habbo Fansite Panel is to allow people with little or no knowledge of PHP to create their own fansites. It pretty much works like a framework. For example, if you wanted to show the latest news, you would be able to look it up in the documentation and call showNews(); to display the news. Of course, you would be able to customize it's output. So lets say you only wanted to show the last 5 news articles. You would call showNews('5');. Maybe you want to show the last 7 articles from the user who's userid is 3. You would call showNews('7','3');. I'll also set up a support forum for the script.

Thoughts?

Fehm
12-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for stealing my idea. Way to go. Lack of uniqueness shows nothing for your project and therefore the only thing i can really put is : :rolleyes:

Lee
12-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Seems a great idea! +Rep and I look forward :)

Invent
12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for stealing my idea. Way to go. Lack of uniqueness shows nothing for your project and therefore the only thing i can really put is : :rolleyes:

Yes, because a Habbo CMS has never been done before.

My only thought on this project atm is why are you passing the arguments to the showNews() function as strings when they are quite obviously just plain integers :P.

Trigs
12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
@invent - Not even sure...lmao. I haven't even worked on the library part yet so no worries :)
@obulus - this cms is more of a build a site with whatever you want. it's quite different from yours if you ask me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!