PDA

View Full Version : argh i hate asda

Urnuph
13-04-2009, 12:21 AM
i pre-ordered godfather 2 like a month ago, and it didn't come thurs (when i expected), friday (which is understandable because of good friday) or yesterday. it annoys me as they said i'd have it for release date, obviously not. order status is still awaiting stock pick and the cheeky thing is they haven't even replied to my queries. IDIOTS. never ordering from them again

Fifteen
13-04-2009, 12:23 AM
demand a refund

Stitch
13-04-2009, 12:49 AM
That happened to my brother so he just bought the game on saturday and is going to send the other one back when it finally comes.

Urnuph
13-04-2009, 01:13 AM
they haven't even took the money yet and i have the option to cancel it so im thinking of doing that

Jordy
13-04-2009, 01:25 AM
You'll have to wait till Tuesday if you don't cancel, I see why you're annoyed but it's nobodies fault, though ASDA could of at least told you and not promised it to be on the release date.

Neil
13-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Do ASDA actually deliever on weekends? o.O

Urnuph
13-04-2009, 05:57 PM
yes i have had stuff from them before at weekends

Jackk
13-04-2009, 06:01 PM
why didnt you just buy it when it came out? or did you want the pre-order code to unlock tommy cipolla?

Urnuph
13-04-2009, 06:19 PM
i wanted to pre-order it anyway, just incase it did run out - very unlikely but it could have. the tommy was a bonus

Skajo
13-04-2009, 06:24 PM
The game was released on Friday so you should get it Friday, but considering it was Good Friday then you won't, not Saturday either and why would they deliver on a Sunday anyway? Not today either because it's Easter Monday. You might get it tomorrow, if you're lucky. It's your fault for a) expecting it a day early and b) expecting it to be delivered on time around bank holidays.

Urnuph
13-04-2009, 06:43 PM
they said i would get it on thursday, they had it in the shops on thurs so why couldn't they dispatch it on thursday?

Skajo
13-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Probably because it was released on Friday.

It's your own fault for being 'want want want' and wanting it early.

AlexOC
13-04-2009, 10:17 PM
they said i would get it on thursday, they had it in the shops on thurs so why couldn't they dispatch it on thursday?

Why didn't you go to the shops and buy it then?

Jackk
13-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Why didn't you go to the shops and buy it then?

because its release date was friday and he thought that he might not be able to get if it was sold out, so he pre-ordered it expecting it to come on the thursday when they had it in store.

AlexOC
13-04-2009, 11:09 PM
because its release date was friday and he thought that he might not be able to get if it was sold out, so he pre-ordered it expecting it to come on the thursday when they had it in store.

You can pick up a preorder
He should of just picked it up on thursday

staace
13-04-2009, 11:18 PM
well it is the bank holiday weekend they won't reply to you until tommorow, patience is a vertue.

Urnuph
14-04-2009, 12:30 PM
i cancelled it, got my dads mate to pick it up for me in town because he was going there and coming round anyway so i've got it now, and it's a great game.

Pazza
16-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Same happened to me with Game, so i'm asking for a refund for delivery.

Dan2nd
16-04-2009, 03:50 PM
That happened to my brother so he just bought the game on saturday and is going to send the other one back when it finally comes.

Adding to what my brother said here this game still hasn't arrived for me lol...

I ordered back in Febuary as that was when it was supposed to be released (or so gameplay.co.uk said) however when the date was pushed back I decided not to cancel and just wait thinking as I would have ordered it like months in advance I'd get it on release day... well erm it didn't come so I checked their website and it says it has been sent on the 7th of April .. well I waited... and waited and waited and nothing came I contacted Gameplay who said that even though I paid for first class delivary I can't make a claim until five working days have gone by... as it was a bank holiday week end as well Friday and Monday did not count... to add insult to the injury I ordered another game from the same site after the Godfather was apprently dispatched with the standard delivary option meaning this would be WITHOUT first class and it arrived the next day lol!!... so here I am more than a week after it had been sent and have to wait for Gameplay.co.uk to make a claim on my behalf with the Royal Mail.. and as it had already been sent I will not be getting any sort of refund on paying for first class delivary (I want that 99p back now!!! :P) and what makes it worse I don't even want it anymore I'm just waiting for it to come now so I can just send it back!!!

Catchy
16-04-2009, 06:17 PM
that's what you get from asda lol.

mangle
16-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Same happened to me with Game, so i'm asking for a refund for delivery.
They say somewhere they "Try their best" to get it to you on release day or earlier.
I don't think they say they WILL, but please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Pazza
16-04-2009, 07:49 PM
They say somewhere they "Try their best" to get it to you on release day or earlier.
I don't think they say they WILL, but please correct me if i'm wrong :)

"Despatched in time for delivery on release day" is what it says, which in my eyes, including an extra fiver for next day delivery seems like release date to me :P

I'm hijacking thread here haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!