PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store [Please Help]

Berch
13-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey,

Well I'm a bit of a moo and love Apple products and well I was on their store using my iTunes account I've had for ages as I was logged in anyway and I decided to see how much per month an iPod would cost on their Finance thing to try and get me mum to order me the 2nd Gen one and I kept clicking next expecting it to come up with the quote of how much i'd have to pay but instead it went through and the order is now under review and im **** scared because I'm only 17 and your suppose to be 18 to use that method I tried to cancel but it wouldn't let me.

If the worse came to the worse what could apple do for me doing this?
Or wont they even know cause I have the money just say it cleared would they not know the difference and just send it and the money will come of the card connecting to my account like normal?
Cause I think they send you documents in the post you have to sign I dunno what to do.

or am I in trouble? :(

Really appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Thai-Man-Land
13-04-2009, 07:50 PM
yo gunna get da baliffs round.

tbh, I don't think they would really care as long as they have the money.

Sixiz
13-04-2009, 07:59 PM
OK whens you're birthday?

If your 18 soon it shouldnt matter, Maybe tell them you're mother was on your account.

Kyle!
13-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Don't worry, if all goes good they'll send it to you, but the worst thing that can happen is them canceling it, that's all they'll do.

Berch
13-04-2009, 08:02 PM
yo gunna get da baliffs round.

tbh, I don't think they would really care as long as they have the money.

I hope not we dont have the whole £200 for it we was going to pay monthly in the first place I was just checked how much it was going to cost and would of done mum an account.

OK whens you're birthday?

If your 18 soon it shouldnt matter, Maybe tell them you're mother was on your account.

My birthday is in August so a while away.

Don't worry, if all goes good they'll send it to you, but the worst thing that can happen is them canceling it, that's all they'll do.

I hope so I'm currently growing kittens out of my ear atm in fear cause my dad will kill me if he finds out hopefully they will just send it and I will be able to pay monthly what im worried about is the documents they send and what it will ask and so on and if they find out I hope they just send it and I pay monthly cause im doomed I think otherwise unless I ring them and explain if they send documents.

kk.
13-04-2009, 08:09 PM
it doesnt matter. Its mainly so they can be sure that they dont have kids messing around and ordering things they cant pay for.
but if you dont want it just tell them that you dont, through email or through phone

Berch
13-04-2009, 08:11 PM
it doesnt matter. Its mainly so they can be sure that they dont have kids messing around and ordering things they cant pay for.
but if you dont want it just tell them that you dont, through email or through phone

Yeah I defently want it and have the money to pay for it each month I just didn't want them to find out and sue my ass.

kk.
13-04-2009, 08:30 PM
they cant sue you lol. Another reason is just so they know they are not underage selling. i had a play.com account which you need to be 18 for in 2005 and im only just 18. Its fineeee dont worry about it

Tim.
13-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah I defently want it and have the money to pay for it each month I just didn't want them to find out and sue my ass.

They wont sue you. Its a finance option so usually they'll send out documents for you to sign saying you need to pay so much or they have the right to reclaim it.

Fehm
13-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Im 15, ive brought from their shop, they dont care so long as they get the cash :L :) Dont worry dude!

Berch
13-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Ye I think you can order from them if your under 18 if you pay in full but if you select the finance option to pay in installments they say you have to be 18. I will just have to hope.

GommeInc
14-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Umm, nothing? You've not taken out the finance plan. If you did, you may be in trouble. They can't do anything to you. Though like most companies, they won't care. More money for them. If it didn't come up with a warning or ask for any details then it is most likely an error on their part. It should come up with a quote anyway before taking your details, so in your defense I'd imagine you could get Apple in trouble for charging you with finance, when you weren't given a quote nor did you sign for anything to legally bind you to that finance agreement. If it gave you a quote when you were blindly clicking "Next" then they really should put a function on there that has to have you "Tick here to agree" before letting you pass on.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!