PDA

View Full Version : PC Backup

Implement
17-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Right I want to start regularly backing up my PC in case it ever ***** up, I've done previous backups of my iPhone and stuff like that but never anything like my laptop. The backup would be saved onto my HDD.

So I really haven't got a clue where to start, but I would like it so it backs up my whole system (if that's even possible) as a .iso that can then be restored (if I ever need to reformat) by using something like UltraISO/DaemonTools, etc (i don't even know if that's possible but hey it's worth asking)

If anyone has any suggestions/help then please don't hesitate to give me them!!

Hope you understand... rofl.

omgDAN!
17-04-2009, 12:53 PM
There's an Acronis product that can backup your whole system to a file, you then put the Acronis software on a bootable CD-R, then when you want to restore just boot up from the disc and point it to the location of the backup file.

:)

Implement
17-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Could you get me a direct torrent link with a crack? (or if it's freeware then could you just give me a link please bud?) i'm very lazy :P

Implement
17-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Sorry for double post.

Now i've just downloaded what the above person suggested. And now I am creating my backup file now on my HDD, but earlier you mentioned burning something to a CD-R which I have waiting here right now, but haven't got a clue with what I have to burn to it, did you mean burn the actual program to the CD-R or what?

Thanks in advance.

no waiii
17-04-2009, 03:29 PM
i think he ment back up the file to the cd lol also you might need more thean one cd

paul4wolves
17-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Why not get an external hard drive and use the back up tool in windows?
Well easy.

Implement
17-04-2009, 05:27 PM
did u read what I said? that's exactly what i'm trying to do.

omgDAN!
17-04-2009, 05:47 PM
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4746030/Acronis_True_Image_Home_v12_2009___Crack

There is an option somewhere in the program to create a bootable disc, but I can't give instructions as I don't have it installed on the computer I'm currently using.

Basically:
- Create a backup and save it to your HDD / external HDD.
- Create a bootable Acronis disc (this makes a bootable version of the Acronis software).
- Boot up from the Acronis disc, and click restore.
- Then point Acronis to the backup file you created earlier on your HDD / external HDD.

All going well this will then restore your whole computer to how it was when you created the backup.

Implement
17-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok thank you for that, this program is awsome ! ;)
+REP.

The Professor
19-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Why not get an external hard drive and use the back up tool in windows?
Well easy.

Windows has a backup tool?! Wow I didn't know that, how do you get to it?

Recursion
19-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Only in some versions of Vista like Ultimate (surprise surprise!)

The Professor
19-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh right, I'm officially not interested then :P

Recursion
19-04-2009, 07:13 PM
You could do what I did, get an old computer, stick a Windows or Linux OS on it, share the folder, map the folder on your laptop or whatever then copy files to it or let a free program called "Cobian Backup" do it for you.

I have it so an old server I got hold of that runs Windows Server 2003 is sharing some folders for me, I mapped the folders on my computer and then used that Cobian program to periodically copy files to it over our LAN.

Blob
19-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Vista Home Premium has it.

Implement
19-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Neither did I, pretty basic! but then again, it's pretty cool!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!