PDA

View Full Version : (APP^2) A few updates.

l3etrayed
17-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Hello! As many of you are aware a few of us are working on a project called APPsquared. I'm glad I can finally say the backend development is well under way by Caleb (Dentafrice) as well as Matt (source).

I just wanted to give you all an update and recieve some feedback as well as find out if there are any cross-browser issues we need to address. So here's the latest update for the templates http://zoidec.com/projects/appsquared/website/template.htm. (http://zoidec.com/projects/appsquared/website/template.htm)The backend we are keeping hidden now until BETA testing. Off the top of my head we've added, to that template version above, the ability to add pages to your "quick links", real-time updates which are demonstrated by clicking "Click to pretend someone is sending you a message?" at the top of the main first paragraph. We have also started work on the dashboard display for clients as well as designing the structure for "chat modules" and notifications such as when you click logout (cross in the top right corner). You can drag the popup notification boxes by using the titlebar as a handle.

Before I was planning to make this as a simple script for my own use and release it publicly. However we have changed these plans now and are going to build and host the system entirely on our websites. So now you will be able to simply visit the appsquared website, register and register your client/s and login to use the services. There will also probably be premium services but no specifics have been decided yet!

We hope to make this a useful and secure tool for all developers/designers/clients etc. so all your feedback and ideas will be much apreciated!

(PS: Only current cross-browser problem I know of is the "add page to quick links" button under the rest of the layout in Chrome, this will hopefully be fixed soon)

redtom
17-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Everything looks really good so far, but not too sure on having it based at your site I think it would work better if you could download and install the software on your own site.

Good luck with the rest of the project :D

Wouter
17-04-2009, 11:43 PM
I agree with Tom. Would work smoother on someones own website.

Great work Chris & Zoidec Developers! Good luck!

Source
17-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I think it's best to have it as a hosted solution. There will be options for people to pay the one time fee (very small amount) and then they can brand it to there own company.

Who know's, it may still be available for download sometime.

Kieran
18-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Chris, there is one error in Safari I can find. The Add button stars off in between the line break as opposed to where it should be.

Edit, just saw you noticed that already! :P

Trinity
18-04-2009, 01:56 AM
I think having it hosted on your site could work great, there's plenty of big sites that use external solutions for support systems etc. So as long as you have a decent uptime, I see no problems.
Apart from the one with the nav - http://beta.tehupload.com/uploads/app-453326208209617160.png

l3etrayed
18-04-2009, 02:00 AM
I think having it hosted on your site could work great, there's plenty of big sites that use external solutions for support systems etc. So as long as you have a decent uptime, I see no problems.
Apart from the one with the nav - http://beta.tehupload.com/uploads/app-453326208209617160.png

What browser and version are you running? =] Thanks.

Trinity
18-04-2009, 03:18 AM
What browser and version are you running? =] Thanks.

Firefox 2.0.0.20.

l3etrayed
18-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Firefox 2.0.0.20.

I'll see what we can do. The templates which are currently coded are only a rough version at the moment. We are planning on building a structured cross-browser compatible version in the near future. Basically just going to have a good tidy up and re-code all the html and css. Thanks for the head's up though!

Dentafrice
18-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Been a bit busy the past two days. Going to start work again in a sec.

Meti
19-04-2009, 08:28 AM
I hate it. Nah, just joking. It looks awesome!!
However, some errors on IE.
Open IE and check.

l3etrayed
19-04-2009, 06:41 PM
I hate it. Nah, just joking. It looks awesome!!
However, some errors on IE.
Open IE and check.

Pfft noob =] Upgrade to IE8! But yeah, We're going to re-build everything from the bottom up soon and make sure everything is cross-browser compatible.

Thanks for feedback!

Excellent2
19-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Looks great but remember to not over compensate the design :P

l3etrayed
20-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Looks great but remember to not over compensate the design :P

What do you mean? :P

Meti
20-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I have IE8 on other computer, but not on this, because I can't user OneCare with IE8. Only IE7 :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!