PDA

View Full Version : Community Manager - UK Job

Jarkie
19-04-2009, 08:27 AM
I was on the sulake site just now, and I saw that a community manager job is open, so it looks like where going to have a new staff! I would apply, but I'm only 17 xD

Sulake is an online entertainment company focused on virtual worlds and social networking. Sulake's long-term strategic aim is to be a leader in community based entertainment with a portfolio of properties addressing a wide range of target audiences. Currently, these properties include virtual world Habbo and social networking service IRC-Galleria.

We are currently looking for a Community Manager for Habbo UK, working from London.

The Community Manager is responsible for implementing Sulake online
community guidelines and policies locally for Habbo UK, regarding customer care, moderation and online safety. He/she is also responsible for training and managing the moderator and customer care teams.

The Community Manager reports to the Country Manager and works closely with the Site Producer.

The ideal candidate should have:
- high level of computer and internet skills
- 2-3 years of online community experience
- team leading experience
- excellent communication skills
- a diplomatic and patient character (ability to work with teens!)
- fluent written and spoken English

This role would suit someone who has a customer service background, who has experience with online community, who enjoys interacting with people and who values good customer service.

In return you will gain insight into the latest game and community-driven internet products. Flat hierarchy, strong team consciousness and fast decision making enable target-oriented people to enjoy working and having fun.

For further information, please contact Emma Monks: emma.monks (a)
sulake.com

To apply, please fill in our online application form no later than 30 April 2009.http://www.sulake.com/careers/open_positions/view?id=227

Closed by Laurensh1 (Forum Moderator): Already posted here: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=571874

Blinger1
19-04-2009, 08:34 AM
I think it'd be good to work for Sulake. If you think about it, they have a decent looking office, its bright, colourful and isn't overly repeated. Although there are a few downsides, you're on the computer all day everyday, and when you tell someone "i work on a kids chat site..." sounds a bit nerdy, yeah?

Special
19-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I think it'd be good to work for Sulake. If you think about it, they have a decent looking office, its bright, colourful and isn't overly repeated. Although there are a few downsides, you're on the computer all day everyday, and when you tell someone "i work on a kids chat site..." sounds a bit nerdy, yeah?

Your not on it all day though, maybe 4 hours a day, depending on your shift

Imosae
19-04-2009, 11:12 AM

O There you go efive

Immenseman
19-04-2009, 11:12 AM
i don't think it's all that well paid. i guess you'd think it was a "cool" job if you were just an average kid with average grades etc. seeing as the staff members i've asked don't even have degrees or anything it's hardly that impressive. i'm setting my aims a lot higher, sorry x

Laurensh1
19-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Our Dutch Community Manager became one because of her work as Hobba Teamleader in UK. She's the Community Manager for over 5 years now at NL...

Blinger1
19-04-2009, 11:17 AM
That makes it even better!

i don't think it's all that well paid. i guess you'd think it was a "cool" job if you were just an average kid with average grades etc. seeing as the staff members i've asked don't even have degrees or anything it's hardly that impressive. i'm setting my aims a lot higher, sorry x
I hope that wasn't a stab at me :eusa_eh:

And it matters that they don't have degrees why? Also, it'd be better then some other office jobs I have seen.

Immenseman
19-04-2009, 11:20 AM
No, paranoia kicking in? :rolleyes: It doesn't matter I was assuming people would have the intelligence to make the link between degrees and well paid jobs. My point was I don't see why people would want to be Habbo staff because I don't think it's deemed as a "good" job. I assume some of them have degrees anyway, just not the ones I've asked.

e5
19-04-2009, 11:33 AM
This position has been open for ages?

Martin
19-04-2009, 11:39 AM
If only I didn't live like 4 hours away from london :(

I'm an 18 year old college dropout btw and got A* in GCSE ict, and this would be the ideal Job :(

Does anyone know if Mods work from home? or do they go to the office too.

I just want a jobbbbbbb :(((((((

Immenseman
19-04-2009, 11:43 AM
MODs work from home. :)

Jordan:A
19-04-2009, 12:12 PM
No, paranoia kicking in? :rolleyes: It doesn't matter I was assuming people would have the intelligence to make the link between degrees and well paid jobs. My point was I don't see why people would want to be Habbo staff because I don't think it's deemed as a "good" job. I assume some of them have degrees anyway, just not the ones I've asked.
You sould say that to all the people on Losties guestbook "CAN I WORK AT HABBO, IVE BEEN PLAYING FOR A YEAR"

Samishlol
19-04-2009, 12:13 PM
That's way old now.....

VelvetClover
19-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I find it amusing how people always say "I'm going to apply..." or something similar when there's a new job vacancy at Sulake, not because they really need the job but just 'cos they want to work at Habbo and be Habbo staff.

Laurensh1
19-04-2009, 07:43 PM
MODs work from home. :)
Yes, but Community Manager not :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!