PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Account broken into ?

mike475
19-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I havent been on Habbo in about 2 years, so im wondering if anyone could shed some light on what I've just found out.

My mate on MSN said my habbo account had been broken into and all of my furniture was missing. I went to sign on with my account but the password was incorrect. I went on with a different account, to find all of my stuff missing.

My username is Mike475 on the UK hotel, just wondering if those who play Habbo could give me some help please? I've not a clue how they got my password, as I haven't been on Habbo in years. My password is on my computer, but its in the same file as my PayPal details, Internet Banking details etc but thats all fine?

Many thanks :)

100Thrones
19-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Your are very silly keeping files of your details.

If someone hacks your computer, you're screwed!

If you are going to store them, write them down on some paper.

mike475
19-04-2009, 07:19 PM
i guess. but im not silly i dont download stuff or anything like that.
i've done a password reset for my habbo, and im back on, but everything is missing ?

really confused

edit: gothic mafia anyone ?

no waiii
19-04-2009, 07:26 PM
you've been hacked?

mike475
19-04-2009, 07:30 PM
you've been hacked?
im not sure though ?
my password was lowercase and capital letters, numbers to. it consisted of my smashing my hand on the keyboard - so totally random ?
everything else like ebay, hotmail etc is fine.

i havent been on habbo in years ?

100Thrones
19-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, like I said. Do not store passwords in a file on your PC.

You could of had a keylogger and some people are only after Habbo passwords.

Also, what they do is they pretend to be you and say they forgot the password.

If you have msn they could be using Social Engineering to get info from you such as, DoB, other email accounts, clues to secret answers etc etc...

Clowgon
20-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Well, like I said. Do not store passwords in a file on your PC.

You could of had a keylogger and some people are only after Habbo passwords.

Also, what they do is they pretend to be you and say they forgot the password.

If you have msn they could be using Social Engineering to get info from you such as, DoB, other email accounts, clues to secret answers etc etc...

Yeah you may have given someone your Date of birth over msn.

Never give out any personal information over the internet!

Doubt it's Gothic mafias, it could be anyone. Someone you probably know maybe.

mike475
20-04-2009, 04:51 PM
thanks for the replies.

What is it you need details wise to get back "lost passwords" ?
still waiting on my reply from habbo..

and it says in one of room names "hacked by gothic mafia" or something..

100Thrones
20-04-2009, 06:21 PM
You will need:
Your ISP (BT, AOL, Virgin Media etc)
Your account creation date
Any other accounts registered with the email
Any credit purchases. (The way you purchased them. Phone, Card etc)

And any other things you can think of that might help.

mike475
20-04-2009, 06:57 PM
You will need:
Your ISP (BT, AOL, Virgin Media etc)
Your account creation date
Any other accounts registered with the email
Any credit purchases. (The way you purchased them. Phone, Card etc)

And any other things you can think of that might help.
hmm, if habbo has issued a password reset for my account to someone not me, willl they have to reimburse me for everything ?

Kevin
20-04-2009, 08:00 PM
hmm, if habbo has issued a password reset for my account to someone not me, willl they have to reimburse me for everything ?

No they will not have to reimburse you for anything, the sad reality is that it's you're fault that you got hacked in one way or the other, There are various different methods that hackers use and often it is quite hard to pinpoint how you were actually hacked. If you're worried about a keylogger or any other type of spyware, you should use and UPDATE (the most important thing) regularly.

A Good free anti virus - Avast!
A Brilliant Paid Anti-Virus - Eset.

Unfortunate to hear that you got hacked, but please be more carful the next time.

OhLiam
20-04-2009, 09:54 PM
You've been hacked simple as. There is no way of finding out how it happened, although emailing Habbo will help it due to they can track who has had access to your account via IPS.

i guess. but im not silly i dont download stuff or anything like that.

To quote the sentence. You are silly, you do not need to download anything to gain keyloggers these malicious scripts can attach themselves to your computer by you simply going onto a website. It's not hard, so maybe you should think twice before storing details like you do on your computer.

100Thrones
21-04-2009, 10:30 AM
You've been hacked simple as. There is no way of finding out how it happened, although emailing Habbo will help it due to they can track who has had access to your account via IPS.

To quote the sentence. You are silly, you do not need to download anything to gain keyloggers these malicious scripts can attach themselves to your computer by you simply going onto a website. It's not hard, so maybe you should think twice before storing details like you do on your computer.

May I ask what an 'IPS' is? Do you mean ISP or IPs?

Also Habbo cannot find out who has had access to your IP (if you are talking about IP), because they don't use your IP address..?

They can fnd out which IP has accessed the account.

Please think before you type.

Oh and, the person who's account it is, I would suggest that you get a good internet security (Norton, Kaspersky) or take it in to your local computer repair shop. They usually should be able to help

OhLiam
21-04-2009, 10:42 AM

Also Habbo cannot find out who has had access to your IP (if you are talking about IP), because they don't use your IP address..?

Maybe you should read what I actually typed before trying to be a smart arse. I did mean IP'S making it plural.

track who has had access to your account via IP's

Habbo can view all IP's that use there site therefore they can track who accessed his account (this is what I said in the first place) so maybe you should read it more carefully before being such a prat.

Kevin
21-04-2009, 11:43 AM

Oh and, the person who's account it is, I would suggest that you get a good internet security (Norton, Kaspersky) or take it in to your local computer repair shop. They usually should be able to help

Dont even waste your time with Norton, it's dirt.

Kaspersky or Eset (Paid)
Avast (Free)
As I said in an earlyer post.

And no need to be smart, he was only trying to help.

100Thrones
21-04-2009, 01:50 PM
No need to be rude.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!