PDA

View Full Version : WindowsXP Setup

Implement
19-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Right, I've burnt three XP torrents two disc, all include SP3 but all are different releases with different stuff included (I.E up to date WMP11) etc.

But every time I try to setup, I get to the text based setup part (where it says copying setup files) my computer always auto-shuts down.

Then I though it must be a coincidence (all 3 discs not working at computer powering off at all roughly same times) so I used an old legitimate XP disc that only includes SP1 and is fairly out of date, but surprise surprise, that crashes in roughly the same place to.

So I get browsing Google and find this (says my PC is too hot so BIOS power my laptop off);

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305681

How ever, I do not recieve the error it says that I should receive (can be seen on the visited link above)

So i'm pretty stumped, have just tried it after leaving my laptop for an hour and reformatting that way, but when I picked it up it was as cold as the temperature outside, but still... all discs crash in the same area.

I'm currently running Vista and am trying to dualboot.

Help? :(

Agnostic Bear
19-04-2009, 10:19 PM
RESOLUTION (javascript:void(0);)To resolve this issue, update to the latest BIOS revision from your hardware ma...

To resolve this issue, update to the latest BIOS revision from your hardware manufacturer.

Implement
19-04-2009, 10:37 PM
thing is, my fan in my laptop is actually broke... rofl.

guess i might have to stick with vista... =[

Just managed to finish the text based setup, but then it shut down whilst it was installing windows xp... not good. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!