PDA

View Full Version : Stomach

VelvetClover
20-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm generally happy with my figure which is quite slim but the problem I have is my tummy - I seem to be constantly battling with it. It tends to get quite bloated and sticks out and compared with the rest of my figure it looks out of place most of the time, so I avoid wearing tight fitting tops/dresses. It's really starting to get on my nerves.
I've been told to avoid fizzy drinks which I do, and not eat too many carbs but nothing seems to work.
I'm not going to deny that there is a bit of fat there too - (I tend to put weight on in my middle) which could be got rid of. I used to have a lovely flat stomach when I was about 16-17 and now it's just dissapeared. I've attempted sit ups but I'm rubbish at them. I'm thinking of taking up swimming or something to ditch the excess fat there, but as I said, I'm always bloated as well.
Any suggestions would be welcome :)

cocaine
20-04-2009, 10:23 AM
sit ups would take a good few weeks/possibly even months to show any effect. just do a light amount, decent amount of excersise and eat sensibly - thats all the advice anyone could give you really.

LoveToStack
20-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Leg raises are really good for getting rid of that tiny bit of tummy that sticks out. Just lay flat on your back, lay down a mat or a towel or something so it's more comfortable, then raise your legs a couple of centimetres off the floor and hold them there for as long as you can. Over time you'll be able to hold them there for longer and longer and you'll get a more toned stomach but not neccessarily a 6-pack.

Japan
20-04-2009, 04:32 PM
If you've had a bloated stomach for a while then you should see a doctor about it, just in case it's an infection.

It's probably just a food intolerance. Go for a few days without eating a certain type of food (I.e Wheat); you will find out very quickly what foods you are intolerant towards.

l Don't worry too much about- lots of women have this problem, and the fact that Activia Yoghurt sells so well is proof of this =D

VelvetClover
20-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Leg raises are really good for getting rid of that tiny bit of tummy that sticks out. Just lay flat on your back, lay down a mat or a towel or something so it's more comfortable, then raise your legs a couple of centimetres off the floor and hold them there for as long as you can. Over time you'll be able to hold them there for longer and longer and you'll get a more toned stomach but not neccessarily a 6-pack.

Thanks for the advice I'll try those leg raises you mentioned

If you've had a bloated stomach for a while then you should see a doctor about it, just in case it's an infection.

It's probably just a food intolerance. Go for a few days without eating a certain type of food (I.e Wheat); you will find out very quickly what foods you are intolerant towards.

l Don't worry too much about- lots of women have this problem, and the fact that Activia Yoghurt sells so well is proof of this =D

Good advice, thanks. :D I might try the yogurts too - my mum buys them for herself I may steal a few lol

leah
21-04-2009, 02:20 PM
usually with intollerances you experience extreme pain, I had one to cheese and it took me a while to figure out what was causing the pain so I doubt it would be that.
Try activia and crunches are always more effective than sit ups.

Jord
21-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Sit ups would help try do

50 then 60 then 70 A Day and more and more it will tune you up

VelvetClover
21-04-2009, 09:22 PM
usually with intollerances you experience extreme pain, I had one to cheese and it took me a while to figure out what was causing the pain so I doubt it would be that.
Try activia and crunches are always more effective than sit ups.

What type of excercise are crunches?

J0SH
21-04-2009, 09:54 PM

Basically it's a sit up but only lift your head about 5 inches off of the ground so it's working your stomach.

leah
22-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Basically it's a sit up but only lift your head about 5 inches off of the ground so it's working your stomach.
Yeah, sit ups can damage your back and crunches are more effective too.

Soy
22-04-2009, 04:50 PM
You could be bloated because you don't drink enough water as your body usually stores water around your stomach.

If you have a high body fat then it's simple, burn more than your taking in. No need to complicate it or even call it a diet.

VelvetClover
22-04-2009, 11:10 PM
You could be bloated because you don't drink enough water as your body usually stores water around your stomach.

If you have a high body fat then it's simple, burn more than your taking in. No need to complicate it or even call it a diet.

Yeah it could be. I've always got some Ribena next to me though.

I don't have high body fat, my BMI is just right. It's basically just my tummy it's so annoying.

I've started swimming now :D

vicious
07-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I'd say if your stomach has always been bloated, you naturally have a 'popped-belly', because I know people that have always had that kind of figure, and they're in good shape. But you could always talk to your doctor just to check it isn't anything like an infection.

If you're eating healthily and drinking enough water then I doubt it's anything to do with your diet. But when you've drank alot of water in the day, it can bloat you up if you've not had alot to eat, so make sure it's not down to that.

I would try exercises like crunches because they're awesome for your stomach/abs, and swimming is really good for obviously the whole body, so just try any exercise you feel like doing and not only will it make you feel fitter it also might take away your bit of 'stomach'. But I'm not guaranteeing it will take away the 'bloated' look, because you could just naturally have that kind of shape.

lew!
07-05-2009, 05:01 PM
This may sound odd, but go to the toilet more often.. You'll me amazed about how much thinner you look after LOL!
Also, swimming is one of the best exercises you could do. Whilst its relaxing, you are also working out. You could even go in the jacuzzi etc after!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!