PDA

View Full Version : Vista Booting Help +17 rep

le harry
22-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Hiya,

Last night my computer was working perfectly fine. Turned it back on tonight and the Windows Vista logo thingo will load up but after that the screen goes blank and nothing more happens. I've searched around and people say "boot into safe mode blah blah" but I can't. I can't select F11, the keyboard keys are unresponsive so trying to navigate to Start in safe mode doesn't work however the keyboard is connected (lights are on). I cannot hear of any indication that Windows has loads cos the sound doesn't appear (actually I can't even remember if you only hear the sound once you've logged in or before...)

So basically, computer was working fine, turned it back on, screen goes blank after Windows loads, can't boot to safe mode cos keyboard is unresponsive.

What could this be? A simple resolution problem? All the motherboard startup stuff comes up before and that displays fine so idk why login wont come up. Or is it something to do with my video card... Is it worth sending my computer in? Any help is appreciated.

Ta, Harry.

Chaos
22-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Dont you have another keyboard you can try it with to see if that becomes unresponsive to?

Before you send it in shouldnt you reboot comp with all cds and dvds with os on so your not taking it into the shop for something you could have done at home.

le harry
22-04-2009, 11:46 AM
I'll try another keyboard I guess. What do you mean? I've rebooted my comp plenty of times, what do you mean with cds?

Chaos
22-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Install os with recovery cds. Unless you need the stuff on your comp.

But the shop may do it anyway so its up to you.

le harry
22-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Might just leave it and let them do it. Don't want to **** anything up lol. Just tried connecting up my other computer but that also failed miserably. Bleh. Technology blows.

Chaos
22-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Lol ok ;p

Implement
22-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Insert your Vista disc, reboot and click "repair computer" ?

le harry
24-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Hard-drive was physically damaged, it's under warranty thank god but i've lost everything. Fan-*******-tastic.

Describe
24-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Hard-drive was physically damaged, it's under warranty thank god but i've lost everything. Fan-*******-tastic.

How did it manage to get physically damaged? Unlucky though Harry.

le harry
25-04-2009, 08:09 AM
No clue. It hasn't been moved once since I got it so i'm puzzled as to how it's been damaged. Probably something on their end though.

BeanEgg
25-04-2009, 10:26 AM
It could be just from dust, open it and use a fan, or a vacuum, but don't touch anything. (I take it, you ran repair my pc thing and it says the HD was physically damaged?

I'm not too sure, but I don't think USB Keyboards work at start-up, so that could be a problem?

Also, if you have a HP/ Packard Bell and a few other PCs you might be able to run a full recovery via the HD if it's not damaged.

le harry
25-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah USB keyboards don't work at startup I just found out. It's sent in now, it was cleaned and everything so it couldn't of been the dust.

& no, the PC guy told me it was the harddrive when I took it in, however he did some sort of thing in safe mode which told him that. :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!