View Full Version : Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion

Middlesbrough
22-04-2009, 06:02 PM
What do you guys want to see in it?
Anybody posted on their twitter?
I personally think its going to be amazing, i can't wait :D

Oleh
22-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Im personally looking forward to the interchangeable clothes, which will be sweet, and the new l8a52 coming

Middlesbrough
22-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Im personally looking forward to the interchangeable clothes, which will be sweet, and the new l8a52 coming
Where are you seeing this info?

J0SH
22-04-2009, 06:33 PM
I posted on their twitter, I put:

I reckon you should make MW2 similar to Battlefield, massive maps with 40 per team and vechicles etc, it'd be really fun to play.

Now that would be a sick idea, people could play it tactical with snipers and everything.

Wootzeh
22-04-2009, 06:38 PM
if thats true..

Middlesbrough
22-04-2009, 06:47 PM

I reckon you should make MW2 similar to Battlefield, massive maps with 40 per team and vechicles etc, it'd be really fun to play.

Now that would be a sick idea, people could play it tactical with snipers and everything.

Would be epic, but if they're talking about using Hosts again then there's no chance it will happen.

J0SH
22-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I seriously hope they get servers, I'm fed up of getting a good score in a game then I get "host has ended the game." because people can't buy a decent broadband package and resort to using Tesco broadband.

I also wouldn't mind how on RSV2 you can change your clothes, just make it so your team mates actually have visable signs above their heads so you know who's an enemy and who isn't.

Also able to create your own camo for your guns, the two default camos you get with every gun sucked, and when people actually wants their guns to look good they have to work for it which can take a while or do tideous cage matches.

I hope they remove Juggernaut, Frag x3 & Martydom, worst perks ever, they only give people an advantage - Juggernaut, they should be dead but they have a perk to give them 25% more life, then they kill you. Martydom they get a lucky kill if you run over their corpse if you kill them from a 10 foot distance, and Frag x3 people just spam them over the place and get a lucky kill.

They should also make the system more similar to Call of Duty 4 PC, you put a few bullets in someone (not hardcore) and they die, that's how it should be you shouldn't have to rely on stopping power to kill people in that many hits, because these days you need stopping power to kill Juggernauts etc and perk 2 is always taken up with stopping power because of that, I don't really see people using proper perks such as Slight of Hand these days. Plus, hardcore sucks..

Favourtism
23-04-2009, 12:51 AM

Small maps are good otherwise it will feel like COD5 aka too big + ****

I seriously hope they get servers, I'm fed up of getting a good score in a game then I get "host has ended the game." because people can't buy a decent broadband package and resort to using Tesco broadband.

I also wouldn't mind how on RSV2 you can change your clothes, just make it so your team mates actually have visable signs above their heads so you know who's an enemy and who isn't.

Also able to create your own camo for your guns, the two default camos you get with every gun sucked, and when people actually wants their guns to look good they have to work for it which can take a while or do tideous cage matches.

I hope they remove Juggernaut, Frag x3 & Martydom, worst perks ever, they only give people an advantage - Juggernaut, they should be dead but they have a perk to give them 25% more life, then they kill you. Martydom they get a lucky kill if you run over their corpse if you kill them from a 10 foot distance, and Frag x3 people just spam them over the place and get a lucky kill.

They should also make the system more similar to Call of Duty 4 PC, you put a few bullets in someone (not hardcore) and they die, that's how it should be you shouldn't have to rely on stopping power to kill people in that many hits, because these days you need stopping power to kill Juggernauts etc and perk 2 is always taken up with stopping power because of that, I don't really see people using proper perks such as Slight of Hand these days. Plus, hardcore sucks..
Yeah but they wont. Also they wont do camo as the reason COD5 didnt include it was due to the massive array of memory it used. Having customizable camo would use ******* LOADSSS :(

PaulMacC
23-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Juggernaut - Survive 1 more bullet.
Stopping Power - Kill in 1 less bullet.
They balance each other, if your saying Juggernaut is nooby, Stopping Power is just as bad.

Marucho
23-04-2009, 06:41 AM
I keep saying it, no vehicles. There's no point in making a wide open map which would be amazing for sniping then throwing 3 tanks into it. Just ruins the game.

The best map would be like trenches, 2 on either side and you just had to do whatever to get across. Although that would never happen, i like the sound of it :D

Theres no point in customising your character. 1. You can't even see it 2. Its hard enough to not shoot your own teammate because theres no name above the head nevermind running around in a multi coloured uniform.

I hope they sort the host ended game. Rather than saying that a person ended it just say that it was due to bad connection. It stops everyone from arguing.

Having 40 per team is ridiculous. That would ruin the COD franchise.

Oleh
23-04-2009, 06:45 AM
They could just implement a ingame host swap?

Jord
23-04-2009, 07:12 AM

Noone with a tesco host could get chosen its who has the best internet

And you wont be able to choose your own colour stuff like t-shirt vest etc because how would be know whos who?

J0SH
23-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I keep saying it, no vehicles. There's no point in making a wide open map which would be amazing for sniping then throwing 3 tanks into it. Just ruins the game.

The best map would be like trenches, 2 on either side and you just had to do whatever to get across. Although that would never happen, i like the sound of it :D

Theres no point in customising your character. 1. You can't even see it 2. Its hard enough to not shoot your own teammate because theres no name above the head nevermind running around in a multi coloured uniform.

I hope they sort the host ended game. Rather than saying that a person ended it just say that it was due to bad connection. It stops everyone from arguing.

Are you mad? If you've ever gamed on PC there's always large teams and it's a way better and funner experience that playing on 360, I'm either considering getting a wireless reciever so I can use my 360 controller on the PC version, people die in like a few bullets the system is so much better.

Blinger1
23-04-2009, 10:45 AM
If that would happen, i hope my ISP (which has a dedicated Gaming network, and its free :O!) sets up a few game server things :D

Jord
23-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Played cod on pc? Theres 50 per team..

PaulMacC
23-04-2009, 03:23 PM
It's called ProMod for PC.
It's basically in between hardcore and normal mode, snipers have less sway and you can only use premade classes which all have Bandolier, Stopping Power, Steady Aim.
The guns are AK47, AK74u, R700, RPD, W1200, M40A3, MP44. All come with a Deagle.

cocaine
23-04-2009, 03:36 PM

i use sleight of hand (: its saved my ass lots.

and i dont think they should copy battlefield at all.

Jord
23-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I like slight of hand, but I need stopping power :P

J0SH
23-04-2009, 05:44 PM
It's called ProMod for PC.
It's basically in between hardcore and normal mode, snipers have less sway and you can only use premade classes which all have Bandolier, Stopping Power, Steady Aim.
The guns are AK47, AK74u, R700, RPD, W1200, M40A3, MP44. All come with a Deagle.

Yes, there's ProMod and I've been playing that, but there's also regular TDM servers, that people buy slots for, where it's like 30 vs 30 S+D too, and not all of them come with a deagle, you get to choose a pistol, you also get to choose what camo per gun, and not everyone can get a sniper etc because there's a limit to how many per team. ;)

I'm going to record some ProMod later, I downloaded a registered Fraps version, I'm a sniper baest.

PaulMacC
23-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Thats custom server, I've watched alot of LAN tournys live they use ProMod with custom settings. Thing is in Custom Servers you can set them to public so you can have 100 man free for all on shipment.
Also it isnt hard to be a good sniper with ProMod, the sway and recoil are totally gone.

J0SH
23-04-2009, 08:25 PM
It is really because if you're trying to line it up to kill someone if they're a decent ProMod sniper they'd have killed you before you could kill them.

Antallica
23-04-2009, 08:58 PM
AK47 OR G36C w/grenade launcher ROFLL.
with
Sleight of hand
deep impact
brilliant class for cod4. :P

J0SH
23-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Get Sonic Boom the rockets will cause more damage to the surrounded area, so instead of picking up 1 kill you could pick up two if there's someone close etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!