PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] New layout

Excellent2
24-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey guys.

This layout is more e-commerence than anything but can be changed.

Just want to get your opinions on it :) Obviously it isn't fully designed yet!

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/5d8e04d52d69458126f7f2c8cc1678e1.png?direct

Trinity
24-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't like that shade of green, see what it looks like with a slightly brighter shade.
I don't like the username and password inputs either, I prefer them to look set into the page, not sticking out. And in my opinion, the 'forgot password?' link should be inside the box, not outside.
I'm not too sure about using that font size on the nav if it's going to be used for e-commerce, should probably be a bit bigger.
Oh, and the search box should stand out more if it's going to be an e-commerce website.
If it's just going to be a blog layout or something, the font size and search box look great :)

Edit: I almost forgot. Is the layout meant to be that small, or have you just reduced it to make it fit the forum better or something?

Now get me some cake then get back to work on it.

Excellent2
24-04-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't like that shade of green, see what it looks like with a slightly brighter shade.
I don't like the username and password inputs either, I prefer them to look set into the page, not sticking out. And in my opinion, the 'forgot password?' link should be inside the box, not outside.
I'm not too sure about using that font size on the nav if it's going to be used for e-commerce, should probably be a bit bigger.
Oh, and the search box should stand out more if it's going to be an e-commerce website.
If it's just going to be a blog layout or something, the font size and search box look great :)

Edit: I almost forgot. Is the layout meant to be that small, or have you just reduced it to make it fit the forum better or something?

Now get me some cake then get back to work on it.I do actually agree with all of your comments. I think I should move it away from an e-commerence layout and onto something else.. hmm. The input boxes were going to be just like the search box but being me I had to mix them up a bit.

Yeah its small because I'm only on a crappy 15" screen so my design res is always 800x600 :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments :)!

Joshh
24-04-2009, 09:48 AM
That's looking hot, I like the colour but IMO that's really nice!

Excellent2
24-04-2009, 10:26 AM
That's looking hot, I like the colour but IMO that's really nice!Thankyou very much :)

Source
24-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Its really too early to ask for feedback, imo. I think you should add some dummy content, product images etc... and how they would be displayed.

I will forward on the point about the colour, its a bit too in your face for a e-commerce site that is normally meant to fit the majority of users tastes.

Chaos
24-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I like it +repz

Excellent2
24-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Its really too early to ask for feedback, imo. I think you should add some dummy content, product images etc... and how they would be displayed.

I will forward on the point about the colour, its a bit too in your face for a e-commerce site that is normally meant to fit the majority of users tastes.Thanks :) I'll probably move away from an e-commerence style but continue to do it until I finish :)

Excellent2
24-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Updates:

Sorted out the left hand side and made everything nicer.

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/6933783328e6b80c1564c6edcdc0a50d.png

Meti
24-04-2009, 06:39 PM
You have different paddings on each box :P
I really don't know if I like it.
It looks allright though.

I'll wait saying anything else until I see finished product.

Good luck though.

Kipp
24-04-2009, 06:41 PM
It looks allright.

Blob
24-04-2009, 06:42 PM
i think the box on the navigation on the "Link" "link" "link" should be the for the page their on.

alv4
24-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I like it... :)
for me is cool!

Excellent2
24-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I like it... :)
for me is cool!Thanks a lot guys :D!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!