PDA

View Full Version : Hurt my ankle somehow..

Japan
24-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I woke up yesterday and my ankle hurt (Really badly- I couldn't even stand up). I don't know why it happened, but I went to Trampolining practice yesterday- maybe that has something to do with it?
I tried googling it and asking my friends, but they have no idea.
I can walk now, but I can't run and it hurts to move my ankle.
Has anyone else has this?

Catzsy
24-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a bad sprain. You need to get a bandage support and rest it as much as possible. If it is swollen as well you may need to get it checked out.
What do your parents say?

Japan
24-04-2009, 06:20 PM
But the thing is, I just woke up and my ankle was messed up.
If it is a sprain (which I thoroughly doubt) it isn't a major one, because it isn't swollen and I can walk and stand up.
I told my parents and they say I should go see a doctor if it still hurts in a few days time.

Catzsy
24-04-2009, 10:10 PM
But the thing is, I just woke up and my ankle was messed up.
If it is a sprain (which I thoroughly doubt) it isn't a major one, because it isn't swollen and I can walk and stand up.
I told my parents and they say I should go see a doctor if it still hurts in a few days time.

If you pulled the muscles a bit you wouldn't probably notice until the morning when you wake up as they have stiffened up over night like people who have been to the gym for the first time. What your Parents say sounds about right - just take it a bit easier. :)

Grig
25-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Heya kandy great to see you, sad to hear the news ;[!

What I think it may be, is it could be internal brusing inside the ankle. I have seen this happen a couple of times to a few people I know on the ankle and various other places, you usally notice the pain in a 24 hour period not initially.

However, I wouldn't go on just that as there could be a possibility of a sprain. However, I would be suprised as I haven't heard a sprain affect anyone for such a long time since the incident.

Anyway I would say put some anti- bruising cream, and see how it is in another 24 hours. If there's no improvment I would see the doctor.

Japan
25-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the replies =)
I'm going to the GP on Monday if it hasn't got any better.

Catzsy
25-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the replies =)
I'm going to the GP on Monday if it hasn't got any better.

Good idea and take care of it. :)

leah
25-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Put ice on it :)

Swinkid
26-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Take care.. I've hert mine too aswell somehow, and i dno how. :S gonig to go to GP sometime next week if it continues.. Its been herting for two days now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!