PDA

View Full Version : Paypal + eBay, reversal.

Coldplay
26-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I recently sold 2T on Habbo for 29.99 each, the buyer paid, I dropped the thrones, he left positive feedback, now he's chargedback saying "unauthorised transaction".

I have correspondence from the buyer, confirming payment, positive feedback, and a video of me dropping the thrones.

How likely is it that the claim will be settled in my favour?

Kieran
26-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Not very cause Paypal are *******s :)
I had the same problem a few years ago. Lost about £100 cause of some ****

iUnknown
26-04-2009, 08:16 PM
It's not good news. You can pretty much say goodbye to your thrones and your money. You should trade with people you know and trust rather than over ebay.

Titch
26-04-2009, 08:32 PM
i had same thing and my dispute came back today and i won, they said i provided anothe proove to product being recieved and my money was given back (78 quid)

Recursion
26-04-2009, 09:18 PM
No hope because thats illegal.

Stephen!
26-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Unfortunatly, the buyer is always right. Only in very rare cases the seller will win the dispute.

:Technical
26-04-2009, 09:31 PM
You are liable to take this to court.

Robbie
26-04-2009, 09:33 PM
PayPal seller protection will not cover non-physical goods, as I recently found out after 6 phone calls to PayPal due to similar problems.

Coldplay
26-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Heh, even though I have proof?

26-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Perhaps Paypal wont cover it - but its still an illegal action by the user in which paypal cannot act on due to policy, therefor it is a Police matter - ColdPlay has been scammed. If he feels that he has been scammed or ripped off in any way he can contact the Police and file a report.

EDIT; the video evidence does not meet the criteria of a suitable evidence cover. This is due to a number of reasons such as you could have created a room exactly like the buyers on a retro that you perhaps own and placed a Throne down in a retro copy-room. As for the url bar saying " www.habbo.co.uk/client (http://www.habbo.co.uk/client) " you could have just typed that in without pressing the "enter/return" button.

Coldplay
26-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm sure the police would just laugh it off? I'm partly sceptical that it's a stolen paypal, as the paypal name and the ebay name are different.

Chaos
26-04-2009, 09:40 PM
You are liable to take this to court.

He wouldnt have a leg to stand on in court

1 he sold virtual furni
2 it DOESNT belong to him it belongs to sulake.
3 its AGAINST ebay policy

Coldplay
26-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes, Thats what I thought at above.

Doesn't really bother me all that much, as I was selling the T's for a freind, and I dont lose anything, except the time it takes to talk to paypal etc.

26-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Chaos - Perhaps Paypal wont cover it - but its still an illegal action by the user in which paypal cannot act on due to policy, therefor it is a Police matter - ColdPlay has been scammed. If he feels that he has been scammed or ripped off in any way he can contact the Police and file a report.

EDIT; the video evidence does not meet the criteria of a suitable evidence cover. This is due to a number of reasons such as you could have created a room exactly like the buyers on a retro that you perhaps own and placed a Throne down in a retro copy-room. As for the url bar saying " www.habbo.co.uk/client (http://www.habbo.co.uk/client) " you could have just typed that in without pressing the "enter/return" button.

as I posted before.

Also, Chaos - you say the furniture is Sulakes? No it isn't, he bought it so its considered his. Either that or his money back.

As for the eBay policy - I do not know what the policy says.

Coldplay
26-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I also have positive feedback in addition to the video, where the user confirms he recieved it, as well as emails saying he's interested in buying more because "i'm safe".

etc etc.

N!ck
26-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't get the non-physical goods part. Ok, the buyer may not have direct access to the goods, but they do exist in a magnetic state on some atoms.

Chaos
26-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Chaos - Perhaps Paypal wont cover it - but its still an illegal action by the user in which paypal cannot act on due to policy, therefor it is a Police matter - ColdPlay has been scammed. If he feels that he has been scammed or ripped off in any way he can contact the Police and file a report.

as I posted before.

Also, Chaos - you say the furniture is Sulakes? No it isn't, he bought it so its considered his. Either that or his money back.

As for the eBay policy - I do not know what the policy says.

No he would not have a case thats bull.

Selling habbo [SULAKE PROPERTY] is illegal so hed get done for it to..

and all habbo furni belongs to sulake read smallprint in t&c etc.

Jord
26-04-2009, 10:29 PM
You will mostly get it because he has left you feedback what did he put in it? also like "good payment" "Fast dropping" Etc?

And since its agenst the habbo say if you say you dropped it with a video you wont win it.

Coldplay
26-04-2009, 10:48 PM
@ Jord "fast transaction. trusted seller. thanks"

26-04-2009, 10:56 PM
No he would not have a case thats bull.

Selling habbo [SULAKE PROPERTY] is illegal so hed get done for it to..

and all habbo furni belongs to sulake read smallprint in t&c etc.

I will not continue to argue on this aspect as you clearly know very little about the law proceedings.

Chaos
26-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I will not continue to argue on this aspect as you clearly know very little about the law proceedings.

Are you taking the mick? srsly

YOU CAN NOT TAKE SOMEONE TO COURT IF WHAT YOUR TAKING THEM TO COURT FOR IS ILLEGAL

selling habbo furni IS ILLEGAL

it remains property of SULAKE. AKA NOT WHOEVER IS IN POSESSION OF IT

+ its against ebay t&c to sell on ebay aka ILLEGAL

so both of them are illegal. so how is he going to be able to take someone to court because what hes doing is illegal aswell..

26-04-2009, 11:13 PM

YOU CAN NOT TAKE SOMEONE TO COURT IF WHAT YOUR TAKING THEM TO COURT FOR IS ILLEGAL

so both of them are illegal. so how is he going to be able to take someone to court because what hes doing is illegal aswell..

I'll look into this.
If he has paid for the items of furni I don't see how it could possibly belong to anyone else. However you may be right. I am only saying proceedings if it did belong to him.

* I will not comment any further on this aspect as of now.

Chaos
26-04-2009, 11:14 PM
I'll look into this.
If he has paid for the items of furni I don't see how it could possibly belong to anyone else. However you may be right. I am only saying proceedings if it did belong to him.

* I will not comment any further on this aspect as of now.

Ill quote u from habbo homepage hang on.

Chaos
26-04-2009, 11:30 PM
k its not in T&C anymore that i can see should be somewhere else.

But its why your sposed to put "property of sulake" at the bottom of ur listing on ebay aswell.

:job2
27-04-2009, 06:47 AM
As someone has already mentioned, rather than put your video evidence forward first, I would put forward the fact that he left you positive feedback saying he received the items before he said he didn't get them.

underscore
27-04-2009, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't say it's 'illegal' it's just against the Habbo way, there isn't a law that says you can't sell Habbo furniture and if you do you could face a prison sentance, lol. Plus eBay's rules state you can't sell furniture anyway, if you were selling a 'joke' and you give them free thrones then fair enough PayPal should do something, but I take it you sold the direct furniture?

tm
27-04-2009, 08:33 AM
It is a dodgy transaction. There is nothing you can do about it.

1. You broke ebay rules by selling virtual items (it says you can't specifically in ebay rules).
2. There's no proof of delivery because the items aren't traceable so there's no way to prove your case.

Learn a lesson and don't sell Habbo stuff on ebay.

Recursion
27-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't say it's 'illegal' it's just against the Habbo way, there isn't a law that says you can't sell Habbo furniture and if you do you could face a prison sentance, lol. Plus eBay's rules state you can't sell furniture anyway, if you were selling a 'joke' and you give them free thrones then fair enough PayPal should do something, but I take it you sold the direct furniture?

Yes there is, it's in the Habbo Hotel Terms and Conditions, you not abiding by their T&Cs is illegal.

27-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Okay I agree, you shouldn't have sold furniture of Sulake in the first place, even if it was for your mate.

I hold my hands up to being wrong as I was only stating the proceedings it was your property.

Sorry.

Hurtone
27-04-2009, 04:26 PM
It isn't illegal if he said purchase a joke and get a "free" throne, Because hes selling the joke.

Nick.
27-04-2009, 04:40 PM

LOL at you. Of course selling Habbo furni isn't illegal and just because something isn't allowed in eBays T&C's doesn't mean it's illegal too.

I'm going to make a site and make a T&C saying 'Everyone in Great Britain byelaw, has to get free money everyday' ... or not. ;/

TBH they'd laugh at you in court and it makes me laugh when you see people (not referring to coldplay) on habbo going 'omgz im tekkin u to court u stol mi 3 thronz!!!!!'

Coldplay
27-04-2009, 05:53 PM

It is a dodgy transaction. There is nothing you can do about it.

1. You broke ebay rules by selling virtual items (it says you can't specifically in ebay rules).
2. There's no proof of delivery because the items aren't traceable so there's no way to prove your case.

Learn a lesson and don't sell Habbo stuff on ebay.

Actually, I sold a Short Story, which I have proof of delivery, saved in my eBay message centre. :)

It isn't illegal if he said purchase a joke and get a "free" throne, Because hes selling the joke.

Precisely.

LOL at you. Of course selling Habbo furni isn't illegal and just because something isn't allowed in eBays T&C's doesn't mean it's illegal too.

I'm going to make a site and make a T&C saying 'Everyone in Great Britain byelaw, has to get free money everyday' ... or not. ;/

TBH they'd laugh at you in court and it makes me laugh when you see people (not referring to coldplay) on habbo going 'omgz im tekkin u to court u stol mi 3 thronz!!!!!'

Lol'd

Coldplay
27-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry to DP, Can't edit.

To keep you all upto date, I have provided paypal with 4 files;

Positive feedback
Correspondence of recipt of item + interest in buying more
Proof of delivery of the "Short Story"
Feedback someone else has left the buyer, saying he has charged them back too.

Also Provided;

Video evidence of dropping Thrones
And about 1000 words of explinations and reasoning in a note.

If this dispute gets settled in his favour, I wont be happy due to the amount of evidence I've provided, and I may have to file a police report just to get his back up.

Recursion
28-04-2009, 06:34 AM
What a joke of a thread.

e5
28-04-2009, 08:57 AM
I recently sold 2T on Habbo for 29.99 each, the buyer paid, I dropped the thrones, he left positive feedback, now he's chargedback saying "unauthorised transaction".

I have correspondence from the buyer, confirming payment, positive feedback, and a video of me dropping the thrones.

How likely is it that lthe claim will be settled in my favour?

*****. If you really think you're allowed to sell thrones for paypal hahahahaha. It's illegal mate so I wouldn't go advertising the factvtbat youve sold them cos there's no way ull get ur money back... If he bought for 29.99 it's obv his plan was to reverse lmaoooooooo

DeejayMachoo$
28-04-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure if anyone of you noticed but he said the chargeback reason was "Unortharised transaction" which doesn't mean his disputing wether he got what he paid for his saying that he didn't send the payment someone else did it on his account and he didn't give them permission too.

Chaos
28-04-2009, 11:47 AM

It is illegal

Its selling SULAKE Property which isnt yours aka selling their stuff which can also be classed as stolen property. n1.

Just read Hurtone's post. Thats the only way they can sell it without being illegal if its just listed "sellin habbo fronezzzzzzz" then it is.

Catzsy
28-04-2009, 12:00 PM
It is illegal

Its selling SULAKE Property which isnt yours aka selling their stuff which can also be classed as stolen property. n1.

Just read Hurtone's post. Thats the only way they can sell it without being illegal if its just listed "sellin habbo fronezzzzzzz" then it is.

It is not illegal because you not have stolen anything. You could not get arrested for this as it is not criminal. Sulake always retain the rights so it is however against their T&Cs to sell so they can use Vero to get ebay to take the item off if the advertisment breaches their T&Cs or Copyright which comes under civil law. Personally if it is an unauthorised charge I do not think there is much chance of winning the appeal as it seems somebody did commit a criminal offence i.e. Fraud by using someone elses credit card to pay for them. If the name and address is the same on the ebay account and paypal account you stand a chance.

user130523
28-04-2009, 09:39 PM
^ like said above he aint sold anything which is illegal to sell.
he sold a short story with a free gift (2 thrones) so yeah :)

Jam
30-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Unfortunatly, the buyer is always right. Only in very rare cases the seller will win the dispute.

Well the one case I had must have been rare. But seriously can they get rid of their Generic Forms? I clearly stated they emailed me the iTunes Voucher Code then my claim is refused because I didn't send the object back.

Nick.
30-04-2009, 03:31 PM
It is illegal

It's not illegal. End of matter.

Recursion
30-04-2009, 03:33 PM
It is illegal to sell Sulake's virtual furniture if you read their TOS, because he sold them he didn't abide by the TOS.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!