PDA

View Full Version : French Speaking

BoyBetterKnow
28-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Did my french speaking today.

Got D/E. I accidently said "Jai manger un poubelle" instead of "Jai manger un poulett" and didn't realise.

My teacher was crying with laughter after she turned off the tape :eusa_wall

Melsia
28-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Awwww =[
I'm terrified of something like that happening to me!
Was it your real thing or a mock?

.:.:jjm261:.:.
28-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I've got mine on the 6th or 7th

I'm ******** myself, I don't know any of that huge booklet of questions... I Know my presentation, and questions for that, but that's about it

Caution
28-04-2009, 07:44 PM
lol tramp! jokin. one small mistake like that wouldn't hugely affect your grade anyway.

.:.:jjm261:.:.
28-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Allright, now im panicing myself, knowing that the bit I don't know is worth 20 marks >.<

DieselShaq
29-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Okay, first of all, I hope that you know "Jai manger un poulett" is incorrect anyway. I sincerely hope that you typed that as an Internet thing and not for serious. If you don't, then I'm not surprised that you got a D/E overall.

It was really stupid when I did my French oral because the exam room was right next to the prep room so you can actually hear what is going on in the other room. When I was doing my prep, my teacher was testing the tape and said my name, candidate number and so on, then she said what my "surprise" topic was so it wasn't really much of a surprise to me. But then again, it didn't help since I didn't have my notes or anything with me anyway so I still got the A* in the end.

Anyway, I have my AS German oral tomorrow and I'm not sure I should prepare for it...

Blinger1
29-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Okay, first of all, I hope that you know "Jai manger un poulett" is incorrect anyway. I sincerely hope that you typed that as an Internet thing and not for serious. If you don't, then I'm not surprised that you got a D/E overall.

It was really stupid when I did my French oral because the exam room was right next to the prep room so you can actually hear what is going on in the other room. When I was doing my prep, my teacher was testing the tape and said my name, candidate number and so on, then she said what my "surprise" topic was so it wasn't really much of a surprise to me. But then again, it didn't help since I didn't have my notes or anything with me anyway so I still got the A* in the end.

Anyway, I have my AS German oral tomorrow and I'm not sure I should prepare for it...

Viel Glück für die Prüfung!

Does 'Poulett' mean chicken? Because it sounds like what they said for chicken in Switzerland... ;)

DieselShaq
29-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Viel Glück für die Prüfung!

Does 'Poulett' mean chicken? Because it sounds like what they said for chicken in Switzerland... ;)
Haha, thanks. I'm fairly confident because I did my Sprachdiplom a couple of months ago without any preparation whatsoever and aced it. That includes 0 grammatical errors.

It's actually "poulet", which is why I said that I won't be surprised if he does get D/E in the end since writing is part of the exam too. But yeah, it's chicken.

Melsia
29-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I have my actual French speaking on 10/11th May =O
I'm quite prepared but I could do with revising!

dirrty
29-04-2009, 07:37 PM
i was SO nervous for my french speaking last yr. before i couldn't wait until it finished lol.

GommeInc
29-04-2009, 11:44 PM
How do you know your result? :S I only know I have a C in French, and I know I did crap in the listening test so my oral mark must be C or D. I do a good accent apparently :P

BoyBetterKnow
30-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Well it was the real thing..

My Coursework is at a C.

I should get full marks in the reading & listening because it's all foundation. French is a pisstake.

Also, I went in without being nervous at all.. Prob why I failed.

Lee
30-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Lots of people in my school did their french speaking test today! Unlucky tho :(

Kardan
30-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I took my French Speaking two years ago and was crapping myself, got a B on that and a B overall, meh. I did AS French for the next two years, but since he had numerous teachers that didn't teach us anything I dropped out of that exam. Annoying really since I could've took another GCSE in those 2 years. But yeah, I hated my French oral :(

crazed
30-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Got mine on the 8th. Great lol. I hate french so much. I have no idea why i picked it.

Im good at listening and reading tho. Just hate cw and speaking...

Frodo13.
30-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Oral was actually my best part of French. In the Reading and Listening exam I mostly guessed, and for my c/w I used Google Translator :P

Got a C overall so not bad considering.

GommeInc
01-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Oral was actually my best part of French. In the Reading and Listening exam I mostly guessed, and for my c/w I used Google Translator :P

Got a C overall so not bad considering.
Same as me :) The listening is awful and even french students say they're a bit too fast for what they need to be. The writing was okay though.

Inseriousity.
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Got my AS french speaking in exactly a week... arghhhhhhh.
Hate speaking and listening and hopefully reading and writing will boost my grade!

DieselShaq
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think I did outstandingly well on any attributes on the exam. I don't really care which part of the exam it is because they're all the same to me, not that I'm really pro at French or anything. I think my oral was pretty well done, though. Perhaps my weakest was writing. Oh well, not complaining about an A* overall anyway =P

Jordan:A
01-05-2009, 09:58 AM
We dont a mock paper, and I was one mark off a C

Recursion
02-05-2009, 09:55 AM
How can you already know if its a D or E? :S Our teacher has to send our recordings off :(

And LOL AT WHAT YOU SAID.

scott
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
My french speaking exam in higher it lasted 15 minutes and she just kept firing all these stupid questions, still got a B overall though which is pritty good :love7:

lew!
02-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I had mine on thursday, i was absoloutely ******** it. However it goes faster than you think and before you know it its over. It helps if you look outside the window or something!

I asked what a rough grade was at the end and she said C, which im pleased with. I did two practise tests yesterday reading and listening and I both got 41 & 44 / 50 - But im doing foundation and got a C in both.

Abbie.
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
i nearly cryed in mine LOL

cause they asked me the questions i couldnt find the night before and i couldnt remember, and as i was walking out she was like 'what happened?'

yea so that got me a C instead of the A i wanted :(

Jessie
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
OMG! i have mine on 15th May :l
i know like one out of 7 parts of it so... i think im gonna get a C oh well its not like im expecting to be an french teacher when im older?

Abbie.
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
OMG! i have mine on 15th May :l
i know like one out of 7 parts of it so... i think im gonna get a C oh well its not like im expecting to be an french teacher when im older?

im glad i have my C though, the courses the applyed for at uni asked for a language at C or above, and i was like gettt in, i have a C :D

luce
02-05-2009, 08:10 PM
wot does poubelle mean and i have mine in a few weeks

also Jai means i have Je is wot you want xoxo

Abbie.
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
all you really need to know is past and present tense and you're flyingg

i think i got marks took off mine for having such a northern irish accent

DieselShaq
03-05-2009, 01:03 AM

"J'ai" means "I have" and "Je" is "I"...

Sameer!
03-05-2009, 06:35 AM
man I hate french. lol

Carlsta
03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I have mine on tues

I can remember in lesson when i said J'ai Leve instead of Lavé or something.. was funny!

Judge Judy
03-05-2009, 07:51 PM

poubelle means rubbish (i.e. garbage or trash however you call it)

DieselShaq
04-05-2009, 02:50 AM
poubelle means rubbish (i.e. garbage or trash however you call it)
It can also be rubbish bin/trash can.

Technologic
04-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I got mine Wednesday, i am dreading it.

Learnt my presentation + presentation conversation but i'm screwed in general convo.

:l. I'm gonna do worse than i did in my mock and i got a B in that :l

GommeInc
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Hmmm, are you not allowed to call it a French Oral exam anymore? I get that impression from everyone calling it a French Speaking exam, which sounds awful.

Carlsta
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
yeah you can call it french oral... thats what we call it :P

DieselShaq
05-05-2009, 02:18 AM
I call it oral all the time xD

clueless
07-05-2009, 04:47 PM
i had mine on wednesday it didnt go too well, meh

Inseriousity.
07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Hmmm, are you not allowed to call it a French Oral exam anymore? I get that impression from everyone calling it a French Speaking exam, which sounds awful.

I say speaking out of habit. Stopped saying oral at GCSE because they were all immature and laughed and not exactly pretty when the teacher's old and wrinkly... :)

Mine's tomorrow. comparing 2 photos, 2 texts then a presentation. Kinda puts me off A2 tbh :P

Carlsta
08-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Had mine on wed... went ok i guess :D x

Inseriousity.
08-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Hated mine. My grammar was crap, vocabulary wasn't good enough to get me through some sentences! Wanted to say "Girls are better at being drunk because they can hide it better" which isn't exactly true but I thought I'd be able to say it then my mind went blank at 'hide' :P damn vocab!

DieselShaq
09-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Hated mine. My grammar was crap, vocabulary wasn't good enough to get me through some sentences! Wanted to say "Girls are better at being drunk because they can hide it better" which isn't exactly true but I thought I'd be able to say it then my mind went blank at 'hide' :P damn vocab!
So what did you end up saying?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!