PDA

View Full Version : I got an 18th Birthday card from the Conservative Party

Frodo13.
29-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Lol. Will take ALOT more than that for them to get my vote.

Swearwolf
29-04-2009, 09:20 AM
at least it werent labour like i got 2 yrs ago haha

Pyroka
29-04-2009, 11:24 AM
OMG I WANT ONE LOL.

Blinger1
29-04-2009, 11:27 AM
We get those here too, but for the local one..

Bloody suck up idiots!

ToxicPaddy
29-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Do they do that to everyone?

Fifteen
29-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Lol, I got a 18th Birthday card from some guy who was running for somthing and inside the card and a voting slip for him, I was like NTY.

tm
29-04-2009, 03:00 PM
ps. vote for us.

Jordy
29-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Ouch that really is cheeky. It just shows that the Political Parties don't care about you until you hit 18 and get a vote, until then you can't vote so there's no point wasting time on you :S

-:Undertaker:-
29-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I had no idea political parties did this, and besides how do they get this information?

JackBuddy
29-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I got one from my council saying that I was eligable to vote but that was it.

Wasn't even a tenner in there :'(

FlyingJesus
29-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I got a full on new voter pack with a magazine about the party and stuff, it was pretty good but I don't bother voting anyway. Conservatives will always win this constituency by like 80% or something ridiculous and I'd probably only vote them anyway so no point either way

Georgie-Best
29-04-2009, 04:20 PM
i got loads of crap from BNP the other day. i was disgraced by there leaflet.

29-04-2009, 04:29 PM
i got loads of crap from BNP the other day. i was disgraced by there leaflet.

I don't support the BNP anymore as I believe they'd run our economy into the ground, but what disgusted you about the leaflet? - It wouldn't of been racist as otherwise it would be facing police action, so what disgusted you so much about it?

Was it the fact that they propose controlled immigration/none at all?

Hecktix
29-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I had no idea political parties did this, and besides how do they get this information?

they found it on a disc on a train.

flatface
29-04-2009, 05:39 PM
they found it on a disc on a train.

lol!

I bet you feel special now!

Hecktix
29-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't support the BNP anymore as I believe they'd run our economy into the ground, but what disgusted you about the leaflet? - It wouldn't of been racist as otherwise it would be facing police action, so what disgusted you so much about it?

Was it the fact that they propose controlled immigration/none at all?

maybe it was the fact that they offer british citizens thousands of pounds to leave the country just because of the colour of their skin :rolleyes:

Jordy
29-04-2009, 05:45 PM
maybe it was the fact that they offer british citizens thousands of pounds to leave the country just because of the colour of their skin :rolleyes:Don't vote for them then if you don't agree with them? They're not forcing you to vote for them.

In the eyes of the law the BNP is a legitimate political party so there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

Hecktix
29-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Don't vote for them then if you don't agree with them? They're not forcing you to vote for them.

In the eyes of the law the BNP is a legitimate political party so there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

There are also laws in place to stop this "legitimate" political party getting into power ;)

29-04-2009, 06:16 PM
maybe it was the fact that they offer british citizens thousands of pounds to leave the country just because of the colour of their skin :rolleyes:

You mean British citizens who were born in, say Spain and have attained citzenship? - i'm afraid that doesn't make you British. I haven't seen this policy though.

Don't vote for them then if you don't agree with them? They're not forcing you to vote for them.

Exactly.

There are also laws in place to stop this "legitimate" political party getting into power ;)

So say if the BNP did win the General Election you think they'd be refused to form a government? - firstly that is not fair and secondly it wouldn't happen, because if the monarchy dared intervene in politics in such a way the monarchy would be dissolved.

Hecktix
29-04-2009, 06:33 PM
You mean British citizens who were born in, say Spain and have attained citzenship? - i'm afraid that doesn't make you British. I haven't seen this policy though.

and the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.

This has changed since I last saw it, it basicaly used to be a lot more detailed, and used to mention british citizens whose family had come here years ago, i think it was something along the lines of £10, 000 per generations born here. But I believe they changed this when someone pointed out that means they'd have to pay us all to leave the country :rolleyes:

So say if the BNP did win the General Election you think they'd be refused to form a government? - firstly that is not fair and secondly it wouldn't happen, because if the monarchy dared intervene in politics in such a way the monarchy would be dissolved.

Not 100% on the laws, but I believe there are some kind of laws to prevent them winning an election..

Frodo13.
29-04-2009, 06:44 PM

Well, it's from the council who I presume have the info of everyone in the area.

29-04-2009, 07:27 PM
This has changed since I last saw it, it basicaly used to be a lot more detailed, and used to mention british citizens whose family had come here years ago, i think it was something along the lines of £10, 000 per generations born here. But I believe they changed this when someone pointed out that means they'd have to pay us all to leave the country :rolleyes:

Not 100% on the laws, but I believe there are some kind of laws to prevent them winning an election..

As far as I know thats only ever been their policy and I don't remember a generation type policy. Besides, it is voluntary and if they won an election then fair do to them, Labour and the other political parties have no right to stop alternative parties holding office, as far as I know there would only be two ways to stop the BNP taking office, either to ban their political movement or for the head of state (Queen Elizabeth II) to refuse them to form a government and in that case would most likely topple the monarchy.

Well, it's from the council who I presume have the info of everyone in the area.

I think thats wrong giving out peoples details to political parties.

Urnuph
29-04-2009, 07:34 PM
UP THE BNP

Frodo13.
29-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I think thats wrong giving out peoples details to political parties.

Well its political parites who run our councils, and beside, all they know is my address and d.o.b.

FlyingJesus
29-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Anyone can look at a census...

As for BNP not being able to become a ruling party, I think that might be just because they don't run for enough seats to win it. Same goes for SNP (who, even if they won every constituency they run in, would not have enough to form government) and many many other parties

tdi
29-04-2009, 11:52 PM
lol i got one on my 18th too.. how pathetic.

Ardemax
30-04-2009, 05:52 AM
probably like happy bday now vote for us or we have the right to take this birthday card away from you

wiv lots of luv,
torries xx

Bun
30-04-2009, 08:22 PM
lol they do it randomly. it's a bit cheeky but they can argue it encourages political participation.

RedStratocas
01-05-2009, 03:01 PM

its probably not hard. on my 18th birthday, the razor company gillette sent me a free shave razor and shaving cream. im sure if they can get that information, a political party surely can lol.

alexxxxx
03-05-2009, 04:42 PM

What about 2 british people giving birth to their son/daughter in Hong Kong. Do they deserve a british passport or a PRC or HKSAR passport?

What about a british man who married a spanish woman and the person was born in Spain?

What about my grandfather who was born in Palestine, to British Passport holders?

Spanish people have almost the same rights here as british people. And I know a British girl who doesn't even have a British passport, only a French ID card, because her dad is french.

So many different situations....

Nightcrawler
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
What about 2 british people giving birth to their son/daughter in Hong Kong. Do they deserve a british passport or a PRC or HKSAR passport?

What about a british man who married a spanish woman and the person was born in Spain?

What about my grandfather who was born in Palestine, to British Passport holders?

Spanish people have almost the same rights here as british people. And I know a British girl who doesn't even have a British passport, only a French ID card, because her dad is french.

Actually depending on your parents nationality you can claim theres of the country your born in or both.

i was born in Australia to British parents yet i was registered as British Citizien born over-seas i hold a full British passport.

However recently i applied for an Australian citizenship and was accepted on the grounds of being born thier works both ways ;)

UKIP
05-05-2009, 09:43 PM

Its very complicated yes, but I think ex-colonies are a different matter, and some colonies more than others.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!