PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 8.2 Info

DaveTaylor
29-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I am sure some of you will know this already but I will post it here however :)

Last night Apple seeded BETA 4 of iPhone OS 3.0 along with it came iTunes 8.2 pre-release. This is needed to install the BETA 4, however under the about bit now, iTunes 8.2 says blu-ray :), so I guess here comes blu-ray support too iTunes and Macs :D:

http://davtaylor.org/upload/out.php/i17_Capture.PNG

Recursion
29-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Just a shame BD drives are so expensive,.

Turbocom
30-04-2009, 03:23 AM
I don't really have a comment towards this.

But its nice to see they are finally supporting this stuff.

Nick.
30-04-2009, 06:32 AM
I don't really have a comment towards this.

But its nice to see they are finally supporting this stuff.
Well if you don't have a comment then don't post, but evidently you did, so you just contradicted yourself in the post kinda. :P

Nice... shame I have an iMac and MacBook without blue-ray drives ;(

newWORLDorder
02-05-2009, 11:14 AM
This is good for blu ray. Some analysts were suspecting blu ray will be a dead format soon and just a fad, but with the likes of Sony, and now Apple pushing it, it gives it that longer life expectancy I guess. Good move for Apple, bloody took their time doing it.

e5
02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
my iphone isnt telling me i have OS 3.0 to download yet? :S

DaveTaylor
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
my iphone isnt telling me i have OS 3.0 to download yet? :S

-face palm-

e5
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
id prefer a simple answer *** big hed

DaveTaylor
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
id prefer a simple answer *** big hed

If you read my first post, like most folk do, you will understand that it says BETA.

e5
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
yes which i thought was available to the public, duh :rolleyes:

i'm not that stupid.

DaveTaylor
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
yes which i thought was available to the public, duh :rolleyes:

i'm not that stupid.

If it was public, do you not think I would have posted a link to the new version?

e5
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
i dunno u wot u u tend to do
so not really

Clowgon
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Ladies, ladies, calm down.

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not pointlessly post/post to cause arguments.

N!ck
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
This is good for blu ray. Some analysts were suspecting blu ray will be a dead format soon and just a fad, but with the likes of Sony, and now Apple pushing it, it gives it that longer life expectancy I guess. Good move for Apple, bloody took their time doing it.

Blu-ray won't be just a fad.

Recursion
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Blu-Ray is the next DVD obviously, so Nick is right IMO.

Jordy
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Blu-ray won't be just a fad.It won't be the next DVD either, although it'll render DVD useless in about 3-4 years time, because of the advantages of digital delivery it'll never be what DVD was. Not only will it be constantly threatened by digital delivery, it won't be long till there's disks capable of 250GBs etc.

MrPinkPanther
03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
It won't be the next DVD either, although it'll render DVD useless in about 3-4 years time, because of the advantages of digital delivery it'll never be what DVD was. Not only will it be constantly threatened by digital delivery, it won't be long till there's disks capable of 250GBs etc.
It was on BBC Technology News recently that a new disk has been developed which can hold 500GB, its intended purpose at the moment is for archiving but it could be used for average customers eventually. Bluray wont be the next DVD because DVDs quality was significantly higher than VHS which Bluray isnt (I have a Bluray player). One of the upsides of DVD over VHS was you could use a DVD in a pc too whereas you couldnt use a VHS in a PC but with Bluray you can already use a DVD in a pc. Also I think by the time PC games need Bluray disks there will be a larger alternative out there.

N!ck
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
It won't be the next DVD either, although it'll render DVD useless in about 3-4 years time, because of the advantages of digital delivery it'll never be what DVD was. Not only will it be constantly threatened by digital delivery, it won't be long till there's disks capable of 250GBs etc.

People are getting caught up in the high definition craze, whether they know the difference or not. Blu-ray is really the only feasible way of getting HD content to keep. VM and SKY + only let you store it for a limited time before it deletes and it's only 720P, not the market 1080P that people want to be part of the hype for. I don't know much about Apple's HD film thing online but I guess it's pretty much the same.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!