PDA

View Full Version : Laptop memory

Marucho
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
This is a really nooby question but it'll bug me if i don't know the answer.
Right, in the control panel > system it says "Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB"
Is that how much space i have left on my laptop? Because its been that for a while even after 7+ GB of music.

Richie
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
This is a really nooby question but it'll bug me if i don't know the answer.
Right, in the control panel > system it says "Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB"
Is that how much space i have left on my laptop? Because its been that for a while even after 7+ GB of music.

No it is not, to find out how much memory you have used / un-used go to Computer > Right Click Properties > then some chart should come up saying how much you have left etc :D

Hope i helped :)

Coheed&Cambria
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
RAM is Random-access memory, Which isnt necessarily what your thinking about.

If you want to know how much space your computer has, Find out how much space your Harddrive has. Thats pretty much where all your music, photos, videos - everything gets stored.

Start> Computer> And here you should see near the top something that says Hard disk drives, Expand it if it isnt already, and it should say how much GB is available.

Caution
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
RAM is random access memory, it's the memory your computer uses to run programs, all the information in ram is lost when you turn ur pc off. go to start, computer and look for a hardrive and it'll say how much is available out of your total hardrive size.

Richie
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Random Question
If i was to get more RAM would it speed up shockwave games, java games etc

Example : Habbo

e5
01-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Usually, the more memory you have, the faster your computer runs :) It can depend on other things too though.

Marucho
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks +rep for all :)
x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!