PDA

View Full Version : Trolling in the sports section

Minstrels
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
gPost before it's locked I guess (:rolleyes:). What's your idea of trolling in this section? It's different to the other sections because it has the whole banter (which some users take too far because they don't understand what true banter is) which you can find in the stands. Just wondering considering a thread was recently locked which I do not believe is trolling, you find that sort of thing in the stands at a ground!

What's the point in having a SPORTS section which is dominated by football when you can't transfer the mild banter from the stands into this section?

My opinion on trolling? Probably saying to someone "Your team is crap, your players are crap" etc on a continuous note (you find most of this in stand and generally in a work place or school) to spark a reaction. Every so often is fine because it's basics of the ground banter.

That is exactly what the thread was about which got locked, stand banter. The moderating staff don't half baffle me sometimes on here.

Yeh, post your opinion of it if you like IF you're a continues user of this section - not someone looking to troll this thread. :neutral:

Thread moved by Garion (Assistant Forum Manager): From "Sports and Hobbies" to "Habbox Feedback" :).

Wootzeh
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Post before it's locked I guess (:rolleyes:). What's your idea of trolling in this section? It's different to the other sections because it has the whole banter (which some users take too far because they don't understand what true banter is) which you can find in the stands. Just wondering considering a thread was recently locked which I do not believe is trolling, you find that sort of thing in the stands at a ground!

What's the point in having a SPORTS section which is dominated by football when you can't transfer the mild banter from the stands into this section?

My opinion on trolling? Probably saying to someone "Your team is crap, your players are crap" etc on a continuous note (you find most of this in stand and generally in a work place or school) to spark a reaction. Every so often is fine because it's basics of the ground banter.

That is exactly what the thread was about which got locked, stand banter. The moderating staff don't half baffle me sometimes on here.

Yeh, post your opinion of it if you like IF you're a continues user of this section - not someone looking to troll this thread. :neutral:
They don't go to games so they don't know the difference between trolling and banter *REMOVED*

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not target or single out other members. This is classed as bullying.

Lee
02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
If you see a troll post please report it and a moderator will deal with it if they see fit.

Also there is a difference between trolling football teams and trolling members right Wootz?

leah
02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I know what you mean, most threads in that section are filled with heated debates and banter but most aren't trolling.

Minstrels
02-05-2009, 06:55 PM
If you see a troll post please report it and a moderator will deal with it if they see fit.

Also there is a difference between trolling football teams and trolling members right Wootz?
And this is the sort of post I tried preventing by posting in the sports section.

Baffled. I wanted the opinions of football fans, most of whom wont even look in here. Now I will have to suffer clones of the dribble written above which doesn't take the footballing banter into account.

Fair enough if it's "feedback" but it'll be **** feedback.

Lee
02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
OMG OMG I go liverpool matches every once in a while :(

I am sorry if you dislike my feedback anyway.

Nixt
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
And this is the sort of post I tried preventing by posting in the sports section.

Baffled. I wanted the opinions of football fans, most of whom wont even look in here. Now I will have to suffer clones of the dribble written above which doesn't take the footballing banter into account.

Fair enough if it's "feedback" but it'll be **** feedback.

If regular users of the Sports and Hobbies Forum are interested in this thread it would be quite easy for them to spot it when using the "New Posts" option. You could also put it in your signature maybe, or PM the individuals you would like to reply here asking them to do so. Just a suggestion :)! Moving it here is certainly better than having it locked, I think.

The Sports and Hobbies Forum is one that has been a subject of concern for what has been a little while now, I believe. Matt and I have already discussed it and as a first step we have contacted the Forum's Moderators in reference to how the section should be Moderated. We are both very keen to make an effort to keep everyone happy so any suggestions you have to improve the Forum and it's Moderation would be much appreciated and we will look into putting it into action. I will admit, I am not a regular user of that Forum and therefore it's important I get input from those dedicated members rather than just make changes willy nilly based on my own opinions.

Minstrels
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM

If regular users of the Sports and Hobbies Forum are interested in this thread it would be quite easy for them to spot it when using the "New Posts" option. You could also put it in your signature maybe, or PM the individuals you would like to reply here asking them to do so. Just a suggestion :)! Moving it here is certainly better than having it locked, I think.

The Sports and Hobbies Forum is one that has been a subject of concern for what has been a little while now, I believe. Matt and I have already discussed it and as a first step we have contacted the Forum's Moderators in reference to how the section should be Moderated. We are both very keen to make an effort to keep everyone happy so any suggestions you have to improve the Forum and it's Moderation would be much appreciated and we will look into putting it into action. I will admit, I am not a regular user of that Forum and therefore it's important I get input from those dedicated members rather than just make changes willy nilly based on my own opinions.
Want a suggestion?

Don't ask the moderators of that section who I would say only Robbie has a decent knowledge of football and the banter, ask the regular posters of that section to give you examples of what they deem is trolling and what isn't.

Surely that would give the moderating team a rough idea of trolling in the sports section? :rolleyes:

xxMATTGxx
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Want a suggestion?

Don't ask the moderators of that section who I would say only Robbie has a decent knowledge of football and the banter, ask the regular posters of that section to give you examples of what they deem is trolling and what isn't.

Surely that would give the moderating team a rough idea of trolling in the sports section? :rolleyes:

I understand you have a problem with the moderator team in the section with trolling. We are taking all suggestions into place and discussing them, hopefully we shall have a solution into place for this very soon. Even if this means sorting out the moderators in that section and getting; the most experienced/best knowledge of sports moderating that area. But for the time being, please do report any problems you come across and action will be taken if needed. :)

Nixt
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Want a suggestion?

So before a Moderator chooses to deal with a post he / she should ask a member of that Forum (who could well be biased) before he / she does so? I do not believe that would be a feasible way of approaching the problems in that Forum. As I say, and as Matt has said, we are looking at dealing with the situations that are arising in the Sports and Hobbies Forum but it requires the support of the regular users of that Forum in the form of feasible suggestions that we can implement.

Minstrels
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
So before a Moderator chooses to deal with a post he / she should ask a member of that Forum (who could well be biased) before he / she does so? I do not believe that would be a feasible way of approaching the problems in that Forum. As I say, and as Matt has said, we are looking at dealing with the situations that are arising in the Sports and Hobbies Forum but it requires the support of the regular users of that Forum in the form of feasible suggestions that we can implement.
No, you mentioned this...

we have contacted the Forum's Moderators in reference to how the section should be Moderated.
If the problem is moderators not being able to moderate the section due them not being able to see what level of banter it is then what's going to change if you're asking the SAME moderators how the section should be moderated?

Surely you should PM regular uses of the section asking them to give examples of the banter which the users believe is trolling and what isn't. The moderators could then use these examples as future references when moderating that section in the future.

Catzsy
02-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I would say that telling somebody a sports person or team is 'rubbish' is just an opinion but if you are offensive to that person, continually, or indeed racist then it surely it should be considered to be trolling. I am not sure what happens in the football terraces is really a good example of what behaviour would be acceptable on the forum. As an example of this there is a swearing filter on here whereas it is almost considered the norm on the terraces. You don't have be interested in the sport or be a regular on the football terraces to consider the feeling of others. If it seems offensive to a moderator and the other party considers it offensive then it is as far as I can see. Another important factor is that there is a permanent written word on here which can be seen by others for a long time rather than a transient verbal exchange.

Immenseman
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I suggest having moderators who understand football to moderate the section.

Jordy
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Is it possible to have 'Banter' over a forum? People reckon that sarcasm isn't possible over a forum, perhaps banter also isn't possible over a forum.

Depending on the person, when they post 'Your teams rubbish' they could mean to spark some friendly banter or just troll to get a reaction out of someone.

Usually you can tell by the forum member if they're trolling or having a laugh but it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference between the two.

The Professor
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Is it possible to have 'Banter' over a forum? People reckon that sarcasm isn't possible over a forum, perhaps banter also isn't possible over a forum.

Depending on the person, when they post 'Your teams rubbish' they could mean to spark some friendly banter or just troll to get a reaction out of someone.

Usually you can tell by the forum member if they're trolling or having a laugh but it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference between the two.

Spot on. Imo it makes forums like D&D, Sports and Hobbies and Spam impossible to moderate effectively. Its admirable that habbox wants to keep their users happy but they kinda need to take a solid stance on how they want to moderate it: they either need to allow all trolling or ban it. Allowing it causes lots of arguments but the users generally know what they're getting into and which crowd they're talking to. Banning it gets rid of the problem outright but upsets lots of people. The middle ground doesn't really exist though because as soon as a moderator takes any form of action it's deemed too harsh because the mod isn't part of the in crowd.

As for getting people who use the forum to moderate it, going by what you've said with all the "banter" that goes on, the people chosen would be far too biased towards letting people off and would ignore genuine cases of bullying and trolling and such. Sure, it makes the users of the forum feel better, but it isn't really moderating effectively.

e5
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Just becos u feel so strongly about sport and for the majority of ur time spent on here is the sports section, does't give you the right to go and give smart arse comments anyway, it really annoys me when people like u do tht.

Geraint
02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
*REMOVED*

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not target other members. This can be seen as a form of bullying.

leah
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Good point, people who don't understand football wouldn't be able to distinguish between trolling and a joke.

Wootzeh
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
After this thread you then went on to make a new female moderator, moderator of the football section! what a joke that was, this then resulted in 4-5 of the main posters in the small community banned because of one person trolling.

Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated internet community, this can result in banning.

NEEDS SORTING!

Immenseman
09-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Only bad members get banned :-)

xxMATTGxx
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
After this thread you then went on to make a new female moderator, moderator of the football section! what a joke that was, this then resulted in 4-5 of the main posters in the small community banned because of one person trolling.

NEEDS SORTING!

Actually we made her a moderator of the "General" section which does include the spots area. Although, myself and Garion has discussed about these areas and we do have a solution which may come be enforced starting tomorrow. But we have to see. :)

Catzsy
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM

NEEDS SORTING!

1. I am quite capable of moderating the sports section

2. Are you saying I am responsible for getting 4-5 of the main posters banned? This is interesting because I have only issued one infraction there and was assisting Twist to get some of his threads stuck when he was banned.

3. Why make a fuss out of me being a female?

dirrty
09-05-2009, 10:37 PM

NEEDS SORTING!
users are only banned if they break the rules. posting regularly in the sports section is totally irrelevant when it comes to the rules. they chose to break them, and thus they're banned. catzsy isn't the only moderator in the sports section, so i don't believe its fair for you to pin-point her just because shes a female. the connotations of your post implies that since shes a female she shouldn't be moderating in the sports section. thats preposterous as rule-breaking can be quite obvious (insulting, posting off-topic etc.), and it doesn't require someone with a lot of knowledge of the sports section to figure out.

Wootzeh
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Actually we made her a moderator of the "General" section which does include the spots area. Although, myself and Garion has discussed about these areas and we do have a solution which may come be enforced starting tomorrow. But we have to see. :)
Doesn't really matter now, 2members perm banned, 2more temp banned. The little community we had is being driven out by people who don't even go to the games, because of their trolling for reactions.

I suppose that post sounded wrong, although yes I do think that because you're female you would have trouble deciding which posts are banter and which are trolling, then again many of the mods have done that which makes the point void I suppose.

Shame we lost our little community though which has annoyed me most :(

Catzsy
09-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Doesn't really matter now, 2members perm banned, 2more temp banned. The little community we had is being driven out by people who don't even go to the games, because of their trolling for reactions.

I suppose that post sounded wrong, although yes I do think that because you're female you would have trouble deciding which posts are banter and which are trolling, then again many of the mods have done that which makes the point void I suppose.

Moderating is now called 'trolling for reactions'? Being female makes me incapable of deciding what is personal abuse and what is not? I am speechless.:O

xxMATTGxx
09-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Just because she's female, doesn't mean she might not have an interest in sports. Plus the thing we are going to enforce should affect every forum we have on here. The members you are speaking about would of been banned or temp banned for true reasons and therefore should of followed the rules. Then they wouldn't be in that situation.

Wootzeh
09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Just because she's female, doesn't mean she might not have an interest in sports. Plus the thing we are going to enforce should affect every forum we have on here. The members you are speaking about would of been banned or temp banned for true reasons and therefore should of followed the rules. Then they wouldn't be in that situation.
Yes, but in my opinion mods still aren't quite sure what trolling is and what isn't, which means they react and get given warnings/infractions. If it was cracked down on it would mean less trolling and less people getting infracted.

Supersam
10-05-2009, 12:49 AM

I hardly doubt that matters.

Thats like saying I think only people who understand the complexities of lingutisic rhetoric should moderate the debating forum, or having only teens moderating the teen life forum. Neither is needed at all.

Besides, I think we are all forgetting that anyone who thinks a female should be limited to moderating and being included in topics that only typical females should "understand" should do some serious re-thinking in terms of what they base their prejudice on. Less we forget this is 2009 and not the 19th century...

In terms of people complaining about the moderating of that section; as far as I can see "Your team sucks" is spam/trolling/whatever. Its a stupid throwaway comment and should be treated as such. If your only contribution to a thread is something that stupid then you deserve to have the mods make sure you don't bother doing it again.

Its not banter, its just pointless.

Wootzeh
10-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I hardly doubt that matters.

Thats like saying I think only people who understand the complexities of lingutisic rhetoric should moderate the debating forum, or having only teens moderating the teen life forum. Neither is needed at all.

Besides, I think we are all forgetting that anyone who thinks a female should be limited to moderating and being included in topics that only typical females should "understand" should do some serious re-thinking in terms of what they base their prejudice on. Less we forget this is 2009 and not the 19th century...

In terms of people complaining about the moderating of that section; as far as I can see "Your team sucks" is spam/trolling/whatever. Its a stupid throwaway comment and should be treated as such. If your only contribution to a thread is something that stupid then you deserve to have the mods make sure you don't bother doing it again.

Its not banter, its just pointless.
Do you even post in the sports forums? no. don't bother posting then.

Nixt
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Do you even post in the sports forums? no. don't bother posting then.

He's provided a very valid point and it is well put, so it's wrong of you to tell him not to post. Rosie is an extremely competent Moderator - more than capable of moderating the Sports and Hobbies Forum. At the end of the day although there are Forum specific rules in some cases every member in every Forum is expected to follow the general forum rules. Therefore, your "banter" is generally a violation of the rules, just because it's in "Sports and Hobbies" does not make it acceptable.

Wootzeh
10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
He's provided a very valid point and it is well put, so it's wrong of you to tell him not to post. Rosie is an extremely competent Moderator - more than capable of moderating the Sports and Hobbies Forum. At the end of the day although there are Forum specific rules in some cases every member in every Forum is expected to follow the general forum rules. Therefore, your "banter" is generally a violation of the rules, just because it's in "Sports and Hobbies" does not make it acceptable.
Then the sports forum will keep losing members and will become a pointless forum with no-one posting in it apart from Manchester united fans who just bum each other.

Supersam
10-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Then the sports forum will keep losing members and will become a pointless forum with no-one posting in it apart from Manchester united fans who just bum each other.

Then go elsewhere to start pointlessly ranting and raving about fans of other sports clubs and stop thinking that because you are a resident poster in that section that you own it. If you are that offended by having all of your pointless and incessive rude comments removed then I can direct you to many sites where you can scream and shout about Manchester United fans all you like.

You seem to forget that the rules apply to all sections, and moderators enforce those rules as such. To think that you own the sports section and can 1) demand people can not have an opinion because they don't post there and 2) demand people can not moderate their because they are female and therefore because they lack a Y chromosome we can assume their tiny brains wont be able to process the complexities of how much man u fans 'bum eachother'....

And did you ever think people have stopped posting there because they don't want people like you or the people who were banned, for telling them to go die because they like a certain team. I'm already put off posting in this forum incase you decide to start telling me not to post because my postcount is lower.

Oh and before you say anything: http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5790399&postcount=10

=)

Wootzeh
10-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Then go elsewhere to start pointlessly ranting and raving about fans of other sports clubs and stop thinking that because you are a resident poster in that section that you own it. If you are that offended by having all of your pointless and incessive rude comments removed then I can direct you to many sites where you can scream and shout about Manchester United fans all you like.

Please back up your statements with proof.

You seem to forget that the rules apply to all sections, and moderators enforce those rules as such. To think that you own the sports section and can 1) demand people can not have an opinion because they don't post there and 2) demand people can not moderate their because they are female and therefore because they lack a Y chromosome we can assume their tiny brains wont be able to process the complexities of how much man u fans 'bum eachother'....

You don't understand, give up.

And did you ever think people have stopped posting there because they don't want people like you or the people who were banned, for telling them to go die because they like a certain team. I'm already put off posting in this forum incase you decide to start telling me not to post because my postcount is lower.

The people who have stopped posting there is because they're banned, if certain people stopped because of what you said then I'd be a happy man. I'm glad your put off tbh :) No-one has told anyone to go die because they support a certain team so once again your statements are false.

Oh and before you say anything: http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5790399&postcount=10

good for you.

=)

drama
10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Although I barely post in the sports section, I lurk quite a bit because it's hilarious with all the argueing. And the fact you have made a thread complaining about bad things/negativity on the sports section is HILARIOUS.

Immenseman
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
To answer the original post; their idea of trolling in the sports section is... you.

Robbie
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Just to add to this, the people that were banned were banned for a reason. Including one person that I wont name, that posted JUST to get banned and ASKED to be banned.

Immenseman
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
It's all about the attention for them Robbie!.

Supersam
10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
That wasn't a statement, that was a suggestion. You have already proven in this thread you have no other goal but to rant about which team sucks.

I understand fine thanks. Again showing you think you know everything and can tell people what to do, I would suggest you take the advice you have to me there and "give up" yourself, less you have any other actually worthwile argument.

People telling eachother to go die and being general idiots:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5788358&postcount=34
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5788409&postcount=36
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5788444&postcount=38

My statements are not false once again. And im glad you think you are accomplishing something by trying to feel inclusive in something by acting agressively exclusive, but dont start complaining when people get banned for doing it because even if you think you are accomplishing something then you are clearly losing your own battle that nobody else is fighting you in.

Oh, and unless you actually have something else to bring to the actual topic, other than now slandering me, then stop posting and send me a PM.

Wootzeh
10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
That wasn't a statement, that was a suggestion. You have already proven in this thread you have no other goal but to rant about which team sucks.

I understand fine thanks. Again showing you think you know everything and can tell people what to do, I would suggest you take the advice you have to me there and "give up" yourself, less you have any other actually worthwile argument.

People telling eachother to go die and being general idiots:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5788358&postcount=34
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5788409&postcount=36
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5788444&postcount=38

My statements are not false once again. And im glad you think you are accomplishing something by trying to feel inclusive in something by acting agressively exclusive, but dont start complaining when people get banned for doing it because even if you think you are accomplishing something then you are clearly losing your own battle that nobody else is fighting you in.

Oh, and unless you actually have something else to bring to the actual topic, other than now slandering me, then stop posting and send me a PM.
Where the hell have I ranted in this thread about "which team sucks"? You seem to have it stuck in your mind that I and all the other posters are just posting "your teams sucks" all over the forum when that clearly isn't the case.

The posts you provided are because clowgon trolled them and they rose to the bait.

Yes your statements are false.
for telling them to go die because they like a certain team for example :rolleyes:

Catzsy
10-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Where the hell have I ranted in this thread about "which team sucks"? You seem to have it stuck in your mind that I and all the other posters are just posting "your teams sucks" all over the forum when that clearly isn't the case.

The posts you provided are because clowgon trolled them and they rose to the bait.

I think if you look at the thread again you will see it was Implement who started the sequence of events and Clowgon who gave only an opinion on his post - you in fact have answered your own question here. You said they 'rose to the bait' when instead of doing that they should have reported the post or pm'd a moderator if they felt the person was just trolling. A Super Moderator would then have dealt with the situation as they saw fit and as far as I can see since I came back they are pretty quick off the mark.

I am sure all the moderators will concentrate even more on making sure that we do not penalise for genuine banter you having voiced your concerns here.

There was only one permanent ban and as far as I know he is not autobanned so the chances are everybody will be back soon. :)

Jack.Lfc
11-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I agree with everything Wootzeh says.

Excellent2
12-05-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread is just wasting valid bandwidth. Why are you complaining because a few of your buddies got banned? If somebody gets banned then they can either appeal or put up and shut up. Whoever has been banned deserves to be banned unless deemed wrongful by a senior figure.

This thread contradicts itself because the thread poster is a hypocrite. You bang on about trolling and banter when infact, you are at the heart of it. What do you deem as banter and trolling? Somebody arguing with you because you feel the need to call them a glory supporter?

A handful of members from the sports forum provoke other members to react by teasing them and using feeble name calling towards ones team.

If you cannot sit on a forum and have a mature chat about Football then I urge you to go to one of your games and join in with the thugs. Atleast this way it gets you away from here.

Imo, the mods in the sports forum do a damn good job by dealing with the problems that evolve daily. Whatever Catzy has done is obviously fair because otherwise, she would be removed from that section.

One other thing. Google 'womens rights' and read about it please.

Implement
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Tbh, Catzsy? moderating the sports section? I mean I got an infraction/temp ban for this:

Catzsy please just leave the forum, this is football banter/arguments, they're well constructed arguments and do not need you nose poking into them. fgs.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Moderator] : Please do not be so rude.

I would understand a warning but what she gave was so OTT.

Sort out your moderating for all sections, especially the sports section.

I also agree with everything Wootzeh says.

dirrty
12-05-2009, 04:25 PM
if you don't agree with an infraction/warning, then simply report it. you can't blame catzsy for your temp ban when all of your other infractions led up to that situation. only person you can blame is yourself.

don't break the rules, then you won't get any warnings/infractions. no warnings/infractions means no ban. quite simply really.

Implement
12-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I was temp banned, then received an infraction for being "rude" when really I was expressing the views of most of the sports section. That then lead to another temp ban.

Habbox MODing sucks. :)

dirrty
12-05-2009, 04:36 PM
as i said, if you've received an infraction/warning which you deem unfair then report it here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=279102). you can only blame yourself for breaking rules, after they're your actions...

Implement
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I wasn't blaming anyone for my bans anyway, if you actually open your eyes and read what I said, then you would find that I said what she did was OTT. That's not blaming, that's stating the truth.

Catzsy
12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I wasn't blaming anyone for my bans anyway, if you actually open your eyes and read what I said, then you would find that I said what she did was OTT. That's not blaming, that's stating the truth.

Well as preposterous said you can report it by all means. It really won't upset me if it's reversed as this thread doesn't which appears to have turned into a personal attack on me. That's the life of a mod. On a personal note It was better than an infraction for bullying though as that attracts 2 points and this was actually quite borderline for that.

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't see how you can infract people for being rude when you are one of the most rudest people on the forum, I used to have respect for you until you came barjing into the sports section banning everyone and practically killing the sports section. It's nothing without Minstrels and Twist, and now I'm one more infraction away from a perm ban, so well done to you. *claps*.

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't see how you can infract people for being rude when you are one of the most rudest people on the forum, I used to have respect for you until you came barjing into the sports section banning everyone and practically killing the sports section. It's nothing without Minstrels and Twist, and now I'm one more infraction away from a perm ban, so well done to you. *claps*.
Maybe it's a good thing that you're so close to going. You obviously don't have the intellect to grasp when you break the rules you will be infractioned. You can sit here and type "it isn't fair" well rather than wasting your time posting dribble in here which to be quite frank, nobody cares about why don't you post in the "Report unfair infractions HERE" or whatever it's called. If they really are unfair they will be removed. If they're not removed they are valid and then you can hush up.

*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult others.

Callum.
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM
although i dont post much, when ever im on i always look in the sport and hobbies. seems like that forum is unlike any part of the forum. it basically has it's own user base. so much more enjoyable.

Excellent2
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't see how you can infract people for being rude when you are one of the most rudest people on the forum, I used to have respect for you until you came barjing into the sports section banning everyone and practically killing the sports section. It's nothing without Minstrels and Twist, and now I'm one more infraction away from a perm ban, so well done to you. *claps*.I am glad that Minstrels is gone.. he was one of the instigators of the group. If you want to go then carry on trying to be like the others.

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:11 PM
See now calling me a stupid child really is rude. Compared to erm, this:

Catzsy please just leave the forum, this is football banter/arguments, they're well constructed arguments and do not need you nose poking into them. fgs.

Now really, what's more rude?

Get your act sorted MODs.

Excellent2
12-05-2009, 05:13 PM
See now calling me a stupid child really is rude. Compared to erm, this:

Now really, what's more rude?

Get your act sorted MODs.For one you were silly for insulting a mod and then telling her to get her nose out.

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:20 PM
They're not God, I don't have to bow down to them and kiss their feet, they're normal people who make stupid mistakes, like Catszy infracting me for something pathetic when really it was only worth a warning.

Catzsy
12-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Hey! Lets be fair here. How am I one of the rudest people on the forum? Can you be more specific here? All I have done in the sports section is issue one infraction and certainly was not involved in the banning of Twist and Minstrels. I was not responsible for all the other infractions, was I? I suggest you can get your facts a bit more straight, please and as I said please report the infraction by all means.

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:30 PM
What's the point in appealing it? it isn't like appealing a prison sentence, you know, this isn't the real world. Even if I did appeal it, it wouldn't get overturned, cause all your MODs crap in the same toilet. And yes, you are one of, if not, the most rudest and arrogant people on here.

Catzsy
12-05-2009, 05:36 PM
What's the point in appealing it? it isn't like appealing a prison sentence, you know, this isn't the real world. Even if I did appeal it, it wouldn't get overturned, cause all your MODs crap in the same toilet. And yes, you are one of, if not, the most rudest and arrogant people on here.

Well you have a lot to say about me but not one jot of evidence to support what you say, it seems. You are entitled to your opinion though. The appeal against the infraction system is pretty fair though and infractions do get reversed.

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I have had infractions/warnings overturned. They will be overturned if they're unfair. If you think the forum is oh so bad why the hell are you using it? Many dislike little aspects of Habbox but they try and improve them, you're just constantly negative. Get over it.

Wootzeh
12-05-2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=574337 read that thread to see what a nice little userbase we had, then some idiots were trolling, OP got banned and now thread closed :(

champions
12-05-2009, 05:40 PM
to be honest I cant see what Implement has done wrong. all he said was please leave the forum and keep your nose out. I don't see how this can offend anybody unless you are 11 or younger

-Heart
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Twist here. Thought I may aswell post in this thread seeing as my name was mentioned on a number of occasions (thanks to Implement for his words about me and Matty and ty to Adam aswell).

Look, I won't go on too much as I'm not sure of all the details, but I will say something.
The Sports & Hobbies forum is being turned into a section where the slightest bit of banter that CERTAIN members find offensive (I think we all know which douche I'm talking about) will result in an infraction. A few of mine were unneeded, I'll admit that - but others were just unnecessary. It's this kind of thing that is pushing the decent members of the forum away. We've already had 2 perms and 2 temps - what next? Pritty soon the S&H forum is going to be a wasteland as most of us will be banned. It's a shame really, as I really enjoy the thoughts and opinions of quite a few on here, but it's just the small group that ruin it.

Matty has gone to TheFootballForum and I've left for FinalScoreForums - who next? I know a number of the regulars in the sports section have also signed up to FSF, including Jack.

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
My evidence?

*REMOVED*

not worthy of an infraction.

Also Twist, i'll be signing up. :)

Still, hope you MODs sort out your banhammers and actually sort out the sports section. :)

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Manager): Please do not post private content, this does include any private messages.

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
that can be his final infraction - ban him :eusa_danc

Wootzeh
12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry Jake, what was the point of that post? Get out.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5791798&postcount=32 I reported this post twice, Why wasn't anything done about it?

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I also reported, but OMG, guess what! the MODs don't do anything! I think they're glory hunters in disguise, anyway, what's everyones name on FSF/TFF?

-Heart
12-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I also reported, but OMG, guess what! the MODs don't do anything! I think they're glory hunters in disguise, anyway, what's everyones name on FSF/TFF?
Me - Shakhtar
Matty - Minstrels (Even though he doesn't go on it that much)
Jack - Jack.lfc

Can't remember any others off the top of my head.

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Sorry Jake, what was the point of that post? Get out.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5791798&postcount=32 I reported this post twice, Why wasn't anything done about it?
it was in correspondence to another post above mine - which doesn't violate any rules wootzeh.

....... cheerio :eusa_danc

xxMATTGxx
12-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Can I point out that being rude to any of the forum staff is not acceptable at all. Catzsy is a hard working Moderator. There is no reason why she isn't fit enough to do her job in the General section. If you break the rules, you get punished. You get warnings/infractions or even banned for a reason. There is a report infractions thread if you think they are unfair. If they are not seem unfair, then its your own fault for breaking the rules in the first place. But there is no reason why you should tell a member of staff to leave the forum.

Can someone also remind me, what you are "complaining" about. It seems the users who were causing most of the trouble have now been banned....

Implement
12-05-2009, 06:56 PM
They have been banned for football banter which the moderators that mod the sports section do not know or experience.

Skajo
12-05-2009, 07:01 PM
They have been banned for football banter which the moderators that mod the sports section do not know or experience.
Shut up ya gay.

;)

Excellent2
12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
If you all want to leave because you're too recalcitrant then thats fine by me. If Clowgon is being provocative then report him to a MOD and he will be dealt with accordingly. Most members who visit the sports forum have an ego so they will react to mostly anything in an angry way, this gets them banned.

dirrty
12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
they broke the rules and thus were banned. just because you call it 'football banter' doesn't mean users should be excluded from the rules, otherwise that wouldn't be fair upon all the other sections of the forum.

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
I think the sports section is more lenient than other forums already. Football is passionate thing to everyone who loves the sport thus emotions will always be running high. We have users like Minstrels, Wootzeh and Implement who have too much testosterone running through their bodies thus they get a tad hyper which results in negative sanctions being handed to them.

Excellent2
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
They have been banned for football banter which the moderators that mod the sports section do not know or experience.Rules apply to every single person on this forum. If you want to break them, you will be punished. If you want to obey them, you will be welcome.

Skajo
12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Rules apply to every single person on this forum. If you want to break them, you will be punished. If you want to obey them, you will be welcome.
Not to Immenseman they don't!

Excellent2
12-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Not to Immenseman they don't!Jake still gets told off :)

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I have infractions / warning / PM's sent to me about that forum. I'm well behaved in there, in comparison anyway. I never abuse people apart from maybe calling them an "idiot" which is hardly the same as what Matty did :rolleyes:

Skajo
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I have infractions / warning / PM's sent to me about that forum. I'm well behaved in there, in comparison anyway. I never abuse people apart from maybe calling them an "idiot" which is hardly the same as what Matty did :rolleyes:
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriate comments.

champions
12-05-2009, 10:23 PM
why did the mods not submit my post for all to see?

Immenseman
13-05-2009, 12:26 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriate comments.
heya lol :eusa_danc

why did the mods not submit my post for all to see?
because it was obviously deemed inappropriate.

champions
13-05-2009, 12:31 PM
because it was obviously deemed inappropriate.
obviously not.... :rolleyes:

you have no idea what I put

Immenseman
13-05-2009, 06:07 PM
obviously not.... :rolleyes:

you have no idea what I put
hence the word deemed.

this is a forum where the dominant language is english, if you're incapable of grasping the language i suggest you steer clear babe x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!