PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Rare Grabber - Got scammed a bronze nelly

Mr-Trainor
02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I have the video but as it contains the scammers name I don't think I can post here? But yea, been scammed a bronze nelly :l

GoldenMerc
03-05-2009, 02:15 AM
send me a link to it ;]

Accipiter
03-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Shouldn't a rare value reporter know to find out if a dealer is safe, or if he looks safe? o_o

Blinger1
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
probably should, but as he is just a normal user, he wouldn't know.

Accipiter
03-05-2009, 07:40 AM
only thing you can really do is aware people he is unsafe as staff can't ban for it.

Lost_Addict
03-05-2009, 08:27 AM
ya i must of been scammed 2 or 3 thrones in my expieriences with rare grabbers pathetic really

AgnesIO
03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Shouldn't a rare value reporter know to find out if a dealer is safe, or if he looks safe? o_o

Thats utter crap.

rare Value Reporters aint bloody safety officers? They look for RARES, not train to recognise a scammer.

---

I have seen video and he does scam yes.

Accipiter
03-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Thats utter crap.

rare Value Reporters aint bloody safety officers? They look for RARES, not train to recognise a scammer.

---

but are they not always in trading rooms seeing scams happen infront of them & Sit in sinos to see super rare prices O_o. Their obviously going to pick the tools of the trade up.

iTweedz
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Scamming is one of them things what Haboo try their best to stop but can only do so much.

ecstasy
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
unluckyy. send me the link again :)

Con
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
wait...you gave a bronze nelly for a rare grabber? :S
scamming is only when they take furniture off you and you expect something in return..so whatever you paid for the rare grabber is what you were scammed?

ecstasy
03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
he won the nelly so he told the owner to pay it and he'd give him some hcs back for 3 goes (i think). he cancelled the trade and didnt get the nelly.

AgnesIO
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
but are they not always in trading rooms seeing scams happen infront of them & Sit in sinos to see super rare prices O_o. Their obviously going to pick the tools of the trade up.

No. Thats rubbish - again. I pay out two hundred throne bets - whos to say I decide not to pay the 201st one out?

It can happen.

wait...you gave a bronze nelly for a rare grabber? :S
scamming is only when they take furniture off you and you expect something in return..so whatever you paid for the rare grabber is what you were scammed?

No he didnt, and a bronze nelly is not worth much. He won the bronze nelly, but the owner was supposed to giev him it and he cancelled.

Accipiter
03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
No. Thats rubbish - again. I pay out two hundred throne bets - whos to say I decide not to pay the 201st one out?

It can happen.

No he didnt, and a bronze nelly is not worth much. He won the bronze nelly, but the owner was supposed to giev him it and he cancelled.

it can happen, but its better to bet with someone who is well known to pay out, thats common sense :)

AgnesIO
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
it can happen, but its better to bet with someone who is well known to pay out, thats common sense :)

Name me ten? xD

Accipiter
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Im not a gambler so i wouldn't know, but if i did i would obvo sit in the (w.e place) and see if he pays out high quantities?

AgnesIO
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Im not a gambler so i wouldn't know, but if i did i would obvo sit in the (w.e place) and see if he pays out high quantities?

Well yeh but a Bronze Nelly isn't a high quantity ;)

Mr-Trainor
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
No I'm not some safety officer :S
Tbh idc, I paid 2cs as I was bored lol, 2cs isn't much.

staace
06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
get the hint and stop playing the stupid games then, they are only made for bloody scamming anyway.

iChaz
06-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Just a guess but me thinks this scammer has "thrones" in his username.. he scammed me yesterday. rather sad, people who scam in these games ;(

AgnesIO
07-05-2009, 06:52 AM
staace the gams are FUN.

The build up etc is great ;)

The game aint stupid, just some people spoil them.

Mr-Trainor
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Games are not made for scamming
There are a lot of people who don't scam in their games but some people do

And no, there's no throne in his name :P

iArch
09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Scamming cant be stopped really It sucks

They tried by making no one able to trade but then habbo was crap

Jordan:A
09-05-2009, 12:27 PM

They didn't taake trading down because of that, it was because it was being fixed

zaphod9642
15-07-2009, 09:07 PM
lol grabbers arent made for scamming there are few safe ones though

:) the safest i think were deathix's and paddys and probs lukes]

andway i feel sorry for u luke want em to give u 2 hc :) and pm me link pls

kickerbat
23-07-2009, 03:39 PM

Runescape did it.
But thats runescape, this is habbo so they don't care and want little children to get there parents to pay for more "CREDITS" for more items..
habbo have planned it right, Name me ten who have been banned for not paying bets in the game.

e5
23-07-2009, 03:41 PM
What a stupid thing to say :S Asif being a rare values reporter would give you a better chance of knowing if someone was a scammer :S

Black_Apalachi
23-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I have the video but as it contains the scammers name I don't think I can post here? But yea, been scammed a bronze nelly :l

I think the rule should allow it if it's 100% hard evidence. Anyway could you send me the vid also please?

There is as much chance of the richest most well-known habbo scamming as there is some kid with a few Thrones. In fact, the richest most well-known people can get away with it much easier simply because their status means everyone will believe them, and won't believe they would scam. That's common sense.

I know I can't name names, but back before Habbo Exchange, scammed involving Ukash by someone who was very rich (they'd just won a certain competition and got one of the only 5 or 6 of a certain super on the hotel) and they also happened to be a Mod on here (now an Admin!!!!) So there is no way to know a person's thoughts based on their virtual alter-ego. LIRL at suggesting Rare Value Reports have psychic abilities or something to automatically know :P.

kuzkasate
23-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Scamming is one of them things what Haboo try their best to stop but can only do so much.

TBH they suck at that. In my entire habbo experience I got hacked/scammed. I report it to the MOD's asap. They mostly take AGES to respond and when they do they say its my own fault and theres nothing they can do... so I email habbo and they tell me to ask for help live immediatley (which I do obv) how can they possibly try and decrease the number of scams/hacks when they dont do anything about it? Its like... okay its my fault I got hacked? WTH. Aint it meant to be virtual friendly? Helpful? Yh right! :$

Suspective
23-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Thats sad, some people are plain sad.
I'm unfortunate to hear about it.

Santorefish
28-07-2009, 08:23 AM
send me a link to it ;]

Thats utter crap.

---

Yes please send me a link, and i agree also, how is he supposed to know if he's safe or not, nobody does unless they're sycic or somthing of the sort

We're not aloud to name names so we can't say safe dealers :)

AgnesIO
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Yes please send me a link, and i agree also, how is he supposed to know if he's safe or not, nobody does unless they're sycic or somthing of the sort

We're not aloud to name names so we can't say safe dealers :)

You can name safe dealers, just not scammers (stupid I know..) :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!