PDA

View Full Version : Getting my hair done...

VelvetClover
03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
So yeah I'm getting my hair done soon and I want to dye it dark brown or black when it's been cut but I was wondering if it was worth getting the dye done at the hairdressers or just doing it myself afterwards with a dye kit?
'Cos it'll save me money and it's not like it's highlights or anything complicated...would the outcome be better if I get the hairdresser to do it or would it just be the same if I used a home dye kit? My mum dyes her hair all the time so she'd help me but I was just wondering what you all thought?
I don't get much done at the hairdressers usually so I don't know a lot about hairdressing really lol i usually just get a trim and layers but I'm getting it styled quite differently this time.
Oh yeah and I've never dyed my hair before.

Richie
03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
I think it would be allot easier and would turn out much better if you got a friend or maybe one of your parents to put it in for you as you wouldn't be able to see every spot you missed, plus this would save you money so yeah id say get someone you know to put it in for you :) it will save you allot of money.

buttons
03-05-2009, 01:13 AM
So yeah I'm getting my hair done soon and I want to dye it dark brown or black when it's been cut but I was wondering if it was worth getting the dye done at the hairdressers or just doing it myself afterwards with a dye kit?
'Cos it'll save me money and it's not like it's highlights or anything complicated...would the outcome be better if I get the hairdresser to do it or would it just be the same if I used a home dye kit? My mum dyes her hair all the time so she'd help me but I was just wondering what you all thought?
I don't get much done at the hairdressers usually so I don't know a lot about hairdressing really lol i usually just get a trim and layers but I'm getting it styled quite differently this time.
Oh yeah and I've never dyed my hair before.
Hairdressers is always better (if it's a professional obv) because you can keep it for like 6 month before it fades out so you don't need to pay that much, depends on how long your hair is & whatever else. I get mine done every 4 month or so and it's like £45 which isn't too much. With hair dying it's messy and you can take an allergic reaction etc and looks pretty tacky especially if it's black. It'll look better from hairdressers.

VelvetClover
03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Hairdressers is always better (if it's a professional obv) because you can keep it for like 6 month before it fades out so you don't need to pay that much, depends on how long your hair is & whatever else. I get mine done every 4 month or so and it's like £45 which isn't too much. With hair dying it's messy and you can take an allergic reaction etc and looks pretty tacky especially if it's black. It'll look better from hairdressers.

Yeah I was thinking it'll looks really tacky if I do it black myself. Thanks for the advice, I reckon I'll probably just get it done at the hairdressers.

Nxrissa
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
it could be easyier to get kit.
as your trying for black
and not a certain colour
but then again could turn out better at the hairdressers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!