PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] [Ref] My pixel village WIP

Refocus
03-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought I'd post it here because it's in the style of habbo, not strictly habbo looking but I felt it would get a bit more C&C here. I'm not really taking this seriously as I only play around with it once a couple of weeks, but C&C is very welcome and ideas for future development if good will be repable :D

I hope it comes out in the right resolution (I find it better to copy image and open it up in paint) :/ It may look very simple, but my it took a lot for me to produce this and I know it doesn't look amazing like some peoples :P Everything is original and from scratch and 100% MS paint.
Anyways the red thing is supost to be a postoffice, the shop... is a shop and I'm not really sure what that random glass thing building's going to be. It's completely unfinished, your thoughts and opinions please :]

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/refocus/Owranjehpurplexvillev4_1webview-1.png

Ardemax
04-05-2009, 09:23 AM
This is really quality and I can't wait for your finished version.
+rep

dogboy123
04-05-2009, 09:25 AM
ooh very impressive

Lookin forward to it complete :D

Kyle
04-05-2009, 09:31 AM
On the postoffice you've use a dark red line on the overhanging flap thing (idk what it's called? lol!) where you should use a lighter red than the fill color; you have also used lighter colors for the bottom outline of each building where you should use darker... try to fix this.

Add some texture to the grass and road, maybe some flowers, white lines along the road, a car, a person or two, a little more texture to the buildings e.g. bricks... Not the monotonous kind, though, add some random cracks and maybe ivy growing up them, some rotted ones.

Accipiter
04-05-2009, 09:42 AM
i really only like 1 of the buildings and thats the red one, although the door on that is as thin as paper the purple house looks far to small + the shop does to.

Refocus
04-05-2009, 06:39 PM
On the postoffice you've use a dark red line on the overhanging flap thing (idk what it's called? lol!) where you should use a lighter red than the fill color; you have also used lighter colors for the bottom outline of each building where you should use darker... try to fix this.

Add some texture to the grass and road, maybe some flowers, white lines along the road, a car, a person or two, a little more texture to the buildings e.g. bricks... Not the monotonous kind, though, add some random cracks and maybe ivy growing up them, some rotted ones.

Thanks for that, I'll fix the lines next time I'm on it, I'm really no good at adding cracks and stuff, as you may see my pathetic attempt on the fence :P I'm a fan of everything looking neat and perfect tbh so I may have to break my habit in order to move forward, I'll give it a go anyway. As for the flowers/roads/grass/people I'm not yet at that point, I'll add it when I'm ready :] Thanks for the C&C I've found it very helpful +Rep

i really only like 1 of the buildings and thats the red one, although the door on that is as thin as paper the purple house looks far to small + the shop does to.

I'm not sure what you mean at all. There isn't a door on the red building (it's open) and the 4 buildings are to my own scale with perhaps exception to the unfinished one. The shop has 1 floor (bungalow style), the houses are 2 floors (Purple one with an attic conversion) and the red one is 3-ish. Maybe I'd understand better if you explained better with suggestions on actually how to fix the problems? Thanks

Other than that, thanks Ardemax and dogboy =] not sure at all when it's going to be finished, it may never be finished lol I'll post my progress from time to time :]

Thanks peoples! =]

Accipiter
05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
i mean the open doorway on the red house, its just thin asif made from paper, thicken it out like you would anything ^^.

and if its a habbo people going in the village the houses look to small thats what i mean ^^.

Refocus
05-05-2009, 03:40 PM
i mean the open doorway on the red house, its just thin asif made from paper, thicken it out like you would anything ^^.

and if its a habbo people going in the village the houses look to small thats what i mean ^^.

Ooooh, I see exactly what you mean now :D I'll fix the doorway next time I'm on it. Thanks for this, +rep

Dw habbo people arn't going to be implemented, it's not to the scale of habbo at all :]

Accipiter
05-05-2009, 03:45 PM
o kk looks like its going to be great then ^^

Rollerkingdom
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Looking great so far :)
fav thing is the wood fence :D!

flatface
05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Thats really good, well made +reppp :)

VelvetClover
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Very good, well done :)

lew!
07-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow, thats really great. I cant wait to see the finished version. The fact its a huge picture means your gonna have to do a lot of work though!

Meti
09-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Looks awesome!
+rep if i can

-iBraderz
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Its far to simple,
Why dont you amke a field.
With avatars palying?

Refocus
10-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Its far to simple,
Why dont you amke a field.
With avatars palying?

What exactly is far 'too' simple about it? I could 'make' a field, but what on earth do you mean by your last sentence fragment?

I get the feeling you haven't really read what I've said on my original post. I don't blame some people because, to be honest, it is quite long and dreary, but when people comment as if they know what they are talking about without reading it... it kinda grinds my gears.

As to the other posts, thanks everyone for the positive feedback, all rep will be returned shortly =]

-leestrong-
10-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Well done, I'm looking forward to seeing you progress with this. :)

- Lee

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!