PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 - Coming June

Stitch
04-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Considering the phenomenal support that the community has thrown behind Map Pack 1 and the demands that they’ve made for additional content, we’ve decided a 2nd Map Pack is in order! Today, we’re happy to bring you the first details of our next DLC.

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 expands the addictive CoD multiplayer experience with three new multiplayer maps and one new co-op/Zombie map. Battle to control the river bridge in “Banzai” - a bright jungle map featuring a waterfall and hidden caves. In “Corrosion” face down your enemy in a shattered train yard, and in “Sub Pens” wipe the monsoon rain from your eyes as you struggle over a bombed-out submarine base. The Zombies make a return in “Shi No Numa” (Zombie Swamp) featuring Perk machines, the deadly new Wunderwaffe DG-2, new Achievements / Trophies… and flaming Hell Hounds!

Map Pack 2 is slated for release this June. Keep an eye out here at CallOfDuty.com for more information regarding Map Pack 2, and follow @JD_2020 on Twitter for the latest news as it breaks!

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/217

Yay! More maps! That Wunderwaffe DG-2 sounds good.

EDIT: AHH forgot about the CoD thread and it's probably been posted there!

PaulMacC
04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I doubt there was that much demand seeing as how the majority of people I know traded WaW in because it was so bad. I wont be buying it, didnt buy the 1st one either

iAdam
04-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I may buy both although I hardly play zombies at my house, mainly at my sisters. the DG2 sounds good and the hell hounds.

TonyBest
04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
was just about to post this lol

Anyway ccant wait for the zombie map featuring the hellhounds, obv gunna get it

Jordy
05-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Why can't they do something interesting with DLC. Map packs are so boring. Extra campaign or weapons maybe?

Activision along with Treyarch and Infinity Ward are all just so unimaginative. As much as I love the games I'm getting sick of how COD5 was identical to COD4 just different weapons, maps and perks. COD6 is going to be the exact same. It's time they got a grip and went slightly out their depth for once.

dbgtz
05-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Give credit to cod:waw for the zombie idea, I hope they have a random perks machine like the weapons one <3

But I do agree, maybe new weapons would be a cool idea. I wish in the zombies they had random weapons which are unrelated. Like a hammer.

dbgtz
05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Would edit but cant now but what type of gun is a wunderwaffe? Assuming it is a gun. Also I see were japanese.
Also @ paulmacc theres been over 2 million downloads of map pack 1. http://www.callofduty.com/intel/218
Hopefully they have another free one first :D

Also what will the new zombie map be based on? Nacht der untoten was airfield, zombie verruckt is pretty obvious. Will this one be makin probably?

Andeeh
06-05-2009, 05:33 PM
i have recently came back into waw and only got makin day map :) but its my bday soon and might get ms points to get map pack 1 and this =]

mangle
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I actually hated it so much I bought MW back, although I'll see if I can be bothered to get it :)

PaulMacC
07-05-2009, 07:22 AM
2 million isnt much seeing as the CoD4 map pack sold double that.

Jord
07-05-2009, 07:42 AM
MW is weird

Ive bought the map pack's 3 times now they just disappear some how :s

-Adam
16-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Its stupid... You should get these map packs for free. You already bought the game... Just scrounging more money, And how many copies they sold, Not like they need it. If we get the game we should get addons free. Anybody agree?

Andeeh
16-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Its stupid... You should get these map packs for free. You already bought the game... Just scrounging more money, And how many copies they sold, Not like they need it. If we get the game we should get addons free. Anybody agree?

yea actually this is a fair point but there are still idiots including myself that buy them

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!